Sugars Carbs and Molasses for Frosty Buds

• Thread starter darkpink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agreed especially when running beneficials. Got to keep them fed.

As far as sugars having an effect on the plant. I always thought no as sugars molecules are to big to be absorbed through the root zone but I have recent article from AN stating yes sugars are absorbed and used. But then again this is from AN leaders of the lies and snake oil industry.
I don't really read anything AN puts out, I keep it to ag, university and .edu sites, so I can't comment on anything they have to say.

However, based on the reading I have done, I think it is safe to say that sugars can be and are directly absorbed via the roots. There's plenty out there on that subject for sure, with research abstracts that often first declare the known fact that certain sugars can be and are absorbed via roots, and then the abstract goes on to explain the experiment/observations made.

I have also tried incorporating other sugars besides molasses, and it's worked very well. Especially if you're like me and you use MgSO4 to supplement Mg, you're getting a nice boost (9% S, IIRC) of sulfur there as well.

S

spunion

Good call on molasses containing Ca/Mg...although I did burn my plants when I tried to feed them molasses in veg, seemed like it sucked up all the nitrogen way too fast or something.

darkpink

darkpink

Egg nog flavored buds lmao that's awesome dude! Deffinatly the info I was looking to get goin Here. thanks guys :winking0067:

I'm deffinatly askin my h shop about this hi brix by ej. as of late they never seem to have what I'm lookin for.

@cap, does it really taste like egg nog lol?

Code:
They look like this, and they work. I guarantee it.

Here is the link to all the flavors: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors.aspx

egg nog buds. LOL!

S

swisscheese

Molasses at 1 or 2 tablespoons per gallon seems to do the trick starting at the end of week 3/4. I try to make sure the medium doesn't stay soggy when I feed with sugars or it attracts gnats/bugs. Also like to start my flush with low ppm nutes and high dose molasses tapering down to straight water. And just like everything else too much is definitely not better.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Egg nog flavored buds lmao that's awesome dude! Deffinatly the info I was looking to get goin Here. thanks guys :winking0067:

I'm deffinatly askin my h shop about this hi brix by ej. as of late they never seem to have what I'm lookin for.

@cap, does it really taste like egg nog lol?

Code:

I haven't tried eggnog, but the flavors in those little bottles are on point so if it says egg nog I am sure it means it. I know from experience that these bottles work as a flavor/smell inducer. I have used both bubble gum and cotton candy.

I don't know the science behind it, but I think (I THINK I dont know) the florist flowers that are dyed are actually fed the dye and the roots translocate the dye to the flower. Probably same principle except with smell?

B

Bluenote

I haven't tried eggnog, but the flavors in those little bottles are on point so if it says egg nog I am sure it means it. I know from experience that these bottles work as a flavor/smell inducer. I have used both bubble gum and cotton candy.

I don't know the science behind it, but I think (I THINK I dont know) the florist flowers that are dyed are actually fed the dye and the roots translocate the dye to the flower. Probably same principle except with smell?

Oh cripes don't let the color thing get out , the next Fad will be Neon Bud or some such horse apples..............Root Beer Kush , Biscuits and Gravy OG , MAster Martini Hash ( shaken not stirred) , Hammy Haze , Jagermeister Jamaican............egad.

Ahhhh wadda I know anyway..." I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many strains."................

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Oh cripes don't let the color thing get out , the next Fad will be Neon Bud or some such horse apples..............Root Beer Kush , Biscuits and Gravy OG , MAster Martini Hash ( shaken not stirred) , Hammy Haze , Jagermeister Jamaican............egad.

Ahhhh wadda I know anyway..." I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many strains."................

LOL!

1 dram per 30 gallons thats about the dose. Drop it in before you flush and you will see.

Egg nog kush. It has a good ring to it. I just ordered a few bottles of some flavors that looked like they would compliment some strains I have just to fuck around.

B

bentley

So what would I use to make cat piss, dog shit, dumpster or monkey balls? I've always heard those strains were the bomb

squiggly

squiggly

It is super unlikely that large molecules are being taken in by roots without first being broken down. Typically large molecules will be moved by active transport (the way sucrose/etc can be taken up).

Generally speaking, these transport proteins are very specialized and only move 1 or 2 types of molecules (in sym/anti ports). The fact that many aromatics are non-polar would help with uptake in smaller molecules (like terpenes perhaps). But once again these are unlikely to move through tissues in this way without first being broken down--and to be frank I'm not certain that roots are able to uptake even these small molecules.

If there is no active transport, its a question of whether or not the material will migrate osmotically, and following that whether it is stable in the cell.

There are both big/small and polar/non-polar dyes, which might make that process a bit easier to undertake. Furthermore, these chemicals tend to be more stable than smelly substances (lower BP/higher MP, lower energy).

Again this is all general, it could be exactly as was said--the molecules are uptaken and relocated to the flower. I have my doubts, though.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
It is super unlikely that large molecules are being taken in by roots without first being broken down. Typically large molecules will be moved by active transport (the way sucrose/etc can be taken up).

Generally speaking, these transport proteins are very specialized and only move 1 or 2 types of molecules (in sym/anti ports). The fact that many aromatics are non-polar would help with uptake in smaller molecules (like terpenes perhaps). But once again these are unlikely to move through tissues in this way without first being broken down--and to be frank I'm not certain that roots are able to uptake even these small molecules.

If there is no active transport, its a question of whether or not the material will migrate osmotically, and following that whether it is stable in the cell.

There are both big/small and polar/non-polar dyes, which might make that process a bit easier to undertake. Furthermore, these chemicals tend to be more stable than smelly substances (lower BP/higher MP, lower energy).

Again this is all general, it could be exactly as was said--the molecules are uptaken and relocated to the flower. I have my doubts, though.

try it.

darkpink

darkpink

hell yeah egg nog kush to kick in the christmas spirit LOL I cant wait. enter that shit in the CC bet it wins!

@ Bentley, you forgot sour dingle berries lol

Biscuits and gravy lol, Dang im getting hungry and im not even stoned yet

fukin awesome

squiggly

squiggly

Won't know if it worked without 500k worth of equipment.

Need to radioactively tag the flavor molecules, grow the plant to maturity, chop it, and run GC/HPLC--then extract, purify, and IR Spec/NMR.

Even then without a PERFECT experiment, you won't get the correct answer.

Might be worth trying as far as the results you end up with--but you still wouldn't know what the hell was going on even if it "worked".

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you dont need 500k of equipment. You just need a sense of smell.

squiggly

squiggly

I wasn't speaking on whether or not the smell will actually be produced--that would be silly considering that I've never tried it (as you are suggesting).

If you go back and read my first post, I'm discussing the biochemical processes by which the smell comes to be--more specifically I was commenting on whether or not the "smell" molecules would be translocated directly via the roots to the flower without any subsequent metabolism aside from transport being involved.

In order to prove the above is or isn't happening you certainly do need 500k worth of equipment (to do it properly), and that would be on the considerably low end. An NMR alone used (if you can find one) is near that figure and requires 30K+ upkeep every month or two--including software licensing/software support/LN2 refills/general maintenance.

That's only one machine which you honestly NEED to make a definitive scientific statement about the process--there are other which are similarly required, but these would all be in the 15-50K range (used).

Not to mention the training you'd need to use them all :)

P

paperplane

I use sweet for most of my carb's. With sweet your also getting Vitamins, Amino Acids, Organic Acids and trace elements that Black Strap M. does not have. I do use the Hi Brix from Earth Juice for my Tea's.
I agree with SeaMaiden in regards to this topic. Grower, strain and conditions have alot to do with frost.
I will say this....This last batch I just pulled down is the most frostiest Meds I have ever produced. The only I really changed was added some mixed spectrum. I am sold on mixed spectrum. I will never ever flower with just an HPS bulb ever again.

dankworth

dankworth

Since this thread is already a bit off topic, let me say that paperplane is absolutely right about the mixed spectrum. So much better. There is a reason that people try this and never go back to pure hps.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Egg nog = ew for me. Same as artificial banana flavor. What about almond...? I don't know, and right now I can't try it.
you dont need 500k of equipment. You just need a sense of smell.
Gah! got me AGAIN! <sniffles> ;(

darkpink

darkpink

ive heard some swap for a mh bulb at the end if flower like last week or so ive never tried it or seen it done in person, does that work?

i picked up some bananna, let you know how it works out. i seen the almond there.

Top Bottom