Summer Grow, Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
note: these may be Mexican worms because they work really hard...for little pay.

I could have sworn I saw a few of them wearing sombreros. Other times I hear faint sounds of trumpet music too. Shit, maybe they sent me Tequila worms?
lmao here :D

K

kolah

mexican.gif
mexican.gif
mexican.gif

K

kolah

Should be some strong herb. I've seen a few packs of the same cross (the Rare Dankness version) grown out and they looked similar to yours. Check it out

http://www.kindreviews.com/06/stone-mountain/

Shit man...I did not know RD had a BK x BM version...called Stone Mountain. This is good news. Thanks for sharing that info.

My BS doesn't match their review as far as smell goes. My BS is pure undeniably blueberry oatmeal scented. I haven't burned any yet as I want to let it cure out a bit.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

The structure of your plants look similar; thick ass stems, stocky, same node spacing too.

K

kolah

It appears RD no longer has these seeds. You seem to be correct Jarofunk as Stone Mountain seems very much like Bubbashine. The only difference I have found (so far) is smell...although I' haven't puffed it yet. I grow organic, in soil so maybe that changed it a bit. I'll try and see if I can contact RD (and/or Scott) and let him know what I got.

STONE MOUNTAIN STRAIN INFORMATION
General Information
Type: Indica-dominant hybrid
Genetics: (Bubba Kush x DJ Short’s Blue Moonshine) backcrossed to the Bubba Kush mother
GeographicOrigin: Bubba Kush is thought to be an Afghani/Pakistani variety, while DJ Short’s Blue Moonshine is out of California — this cross was created by Scott of Rare Dankness Seeds, prior to the establishment of that company
Seed Company/Clone: Clone only, very rare
Description: Bred and selected for a very potent, Indica-dominant effect, it appears that the mission was accomplished. This strain really packs a punch and can send the user into sleep rather easily — very relaxing and narcotic in nature. The plant itself is stretchier than the Bubba Kush mom but has tighter buds. Blue-purple is the dominant color once it gets close to harvest… a very dark-colored and resinous plant.
History
Story: Created by Scott of Rare Dankness in an attempt to make an even heavier and more medicinal Indica than the Bubba Kush mother.
Awards: “Most Potent” at the 2010 Best Bud of Boulder cannabis cup
Growing Information
Flowering Time: 65 days
Preferred Growing Medium: Stretches more than the Bubba Kush mother. A long and thorough flush is recommended to bring out an array of fall colors, which normally get overtaken by purple as the plant finishes.
Patient Expectations
Scent: Very strong and musky, reminiscent mostly of the Bubba Kush mother with tinges of hashy sweet fruit
Flavor: Again, strong and musky, with some of the Bubba Kush dark tastes (coffee, chocolate, garlic) and just a slight sweetness that comes out at times
Effects: Overwhelming at times, Stone Mountain is very potent and hits strong with a direct Indica effect almost immediately. A deep, pervading sense of relaxation, strong muscle tension relief, and definite sleep aid properties at higher dosages. Recommended for experienced patients who can handle the potency and desire strong Indica-dominant relief — this one has shown great promise in relieving the side effects of chemotherapy and cancer including loss of appetite, pain, nausea, headaches, and muscle tension.

K

kolah

Update:

DJ Shorts Vanilluna:

I waited and waited for this strain to ripen. Like all my plants I watch for hairs to start drying up and I observe the trichromes with a 30x loupe and a mag-light. In almost all cases I harvest when I see just a small percentage of amber tris.The VM trichromes stayed clear even after the hairs dried up and laid down. They never went cloudy or amber for that matter. There was a time (about a week to ten days ago) where they were quite resinous but I was waiting patiently to see the trichromes change. The last few days I noticed the buds were not as sticky and I actually saw very small signs of possible veg growth at the tops of the buds (bright green shoots). The sweet aroma had diminished as well. It's obvious to me now that I missed it's fucking peak time to harvest! Balls!

Since VM are the only plants left in the greenhouse I wonder if my nightime fires caused the problems. Some nights I had 3 fires throughout the night and my homemade firedoor was not sealed all that well so it's possible the light from the fire interrupted the flowering cycle.

Now the buds are less resinous and looking at them under a loupe they still appear clear with some cloudiness but definitely lost their stickyness and that expressive vitality you often see in a fully mature and ripened plant. I have no choice but to chop them down today and hope for the best. Chaulk this lesson up and file it under experience. I fucked up.

I definitely missed the peak harvest time and most likely altered their finishing time because of the light emitted by the fires. I'll make a good sealed door for next year. Oh well.

So thats it, my summer grow is over. I got some nice stuff hanging to dry, some in bags and others curing in glass jars. Despite a few heartaches and setbacks, it was fantastic grow year. The GH will be empty, beans are planted for green manure which will be tilled into my soil for next year (hopefully). I'll get another order of red wiggler worms add add my kitchen scraps (and egg shells) in there for compost. I am already thinking and planning for next year as to what I'll grow. Hopefully, there will be a nest year. :)

I started in mid April and have been chugging along for 6 long months. It was a lot of work for sure but well-worth it. Next year I'll get my CO redcard upped from 25 to 50 plants....and I have a much better idea what will grow successfully up here.

Anywho..I'll post some dried bud pics and write a few smoke reports. I've sampled some BubbaShine and Afghanis and both are super.

K

kolah

After a late night out on the town (I got home at midnight, lol) I woke up this morning to a peaceful quietness and a nice gentle wet snow falling down (never saw it go up). It looks nice and we sure as hell need some moisture....moreso than a 65 year old hooker who misplaced her Vagisil. There is nothing but plant skeletons perched in the greenhouse and my bountiful harvest is quieting curing away.

I'll get some bud pics together and maybe pop up some pictures of my first year in tipi. My first winter was living in my barebones tipi (canvas cover and poles) with just a small open wood stove in the middle of the deck which vented out through the smoke-flaps. Without a fire going, the inside temp was the same as the outside temp. It was quite the learning experience to say the least. I encountered situations I never thought of...but I always found solutions.

I strongly believe that when one decides to simplify their lives, the problems that arise are quite simple and therefore the solutions are always simple. We all need to challenge ourselves and push ourselves a bit, face new encounters and figure out solutions. And then the secret is to perfect it. Once the initial learning curve is over it's a cake-walk. But it's that first jump into ice cold water that seems to be the the hardest and scares people from plunge.

Are you ready for the plunge, mateys? Get rid of your useless materials, get out of debt (file bankruptcy if you have to!) and take a walk on the wild side. Just sampling a small taste of freedom will set your soul on fire. Experience freedom for the first time in your life. Imagine waking up and having no bills or debt. Imagine your only needs being food, water and shelter and imagine needing very little money to live a enhanced quality of life....for you, your family and your loved ones. And imagine having precious free time to spend with the people you care most about.

For me personally, I never really planned things out. I just wanted to be out of the system. I was sick, dying, flat broke and wanted out. It is said that a person has to lose everything to truly find themselves and I believe there is much Truth to that. I just jumped in dumb and blind and figured out things as they arose. And I would have done it if I'd had a wife and 4 kids. The Human Spirit has a default to survive ....if only we take on the challenge.

If living simple sounds appealing start to make changes....either take small baby steps or jump into the cold deep waters. You ain't gonna die. In fact you just may find out that for the first time in your life you have a sweet taste of freedom and quickly find out what it means to be responsible for taking care of yourself and your loved one. It's a wonderful rewarding experience for those who dare to go there.

K

kolah

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.”
Henry Ford

I just recently read where it was stated that only a small percentage of people can produce a creative thought. And far too many people can not problem-solve every day situations.

I think that's gravely concerning.

Bobalicious

Bobalicious

View attachment 220606View attachment 220609 I was fortunate to get some killer seeds, much thanks to the Colorado gifters! I am stoked. This will be a greenhouse grow and if I get brave I may put a couple of them straight outdoors. It's a bit risky growing outdoors here in the Rocky Mt's at 9300 foot up. Snow, Hail and cold nights are the biggest threats as well as a abnormal high count of grasshoppers this year. I plan on roasting some the the little bastards. I hear they are quite nutritious and let it send a message to the other hoppers' that I will cook their jumpy little asses to Kingdom Come (whatever the hell that means).

I was gifted 14 beans of Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine (DJ Short)which were popped in beer cups with a bottom mix of OF and top mix of Light Warrior. I have seen where this strain is called Bubba-Shine. Treating these beans like pure gold, I only used six of them and saved the rest. I did a 24 hr pre-soak in my clean 6.5 pH'ed spring water. After their bath, 5 beans sunk to the bottom (meaning the inner embryo sucked up the water) which is good. One bean stayed afloat but it got planted as well (and it popped without problem). So I got six babies looking pretty and they will soon go into 5 gallon plastic buckets in about another week. I'll be using 50-50 mix of OF and HF and some General Organic liquid nutes. Each 5 gallon pail will get 4-5 red wiggler worms. I like the live worm idea as they are quite beneficial and I think it makes a happy environment for all involved. Out of six plants I hope to save one good male for pollen and reproduction. ( I know the chances are slim but ya never know). After they sex out I will cut out the bottom of the buckets and put the females directly in the ground.
And off I go. (that's my GH and you can see my tipi (my home) and my GSD watchdog)
Hi, like you I have 7 little guys that just sprouted yesterday. I have 5 30 gallon planter bags but I'm beginning to think it's a little over kill for Bubba Kush, seeing how I've heard they don't grow very high. So I want to ask your opinion, do you think you'll get the maximum height from putting your Bubba Kush in 5 gallon buckets? Or maybe you're not looking to get the tallest growth from your Bubba Kush? Sure would like to know either way.

IMG 4830

Latest posts

Top Bottom