Sun System® LEC™ 315 Light Emitting Ceramic Fixture

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urban1026835

urban1026835

jesus i didnt realize you had her in that little smarty. Your gonna have a monster in your buckets DAT

Reactions: DAT
DAT

DAT

I could have gone longer too. Crazy huge heavy spears.
I harvested the YETI, cute lil thing with lil buds. do you remember when she was just a cutting?
one more small Blueberry hills left in the tent , then I have to sulfur burn the room.
Yeti harvest 001
Yeti harvest 013

DAT

DAT

lol, u really know how to warm me up and make me smile Urb. That disco rollerskating party looks so fun. i love the vid and I love my lil flashlight.ur the BESTEST! I wuv u!
blueberrys are down now and smell heavenly.

Blueberry hills trim job 002
Blueberry hills one gallon harvest 028
Blueberry hills one gallon harvest 029
Blueberry hills one gallon harvest 031
Blueberry hills one gallon harvest 051

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

Just picked up a 315w LEC and it crapped out in 3 or 4 hours after turning on.
Been running two 600's off my 240v timer and never had a problem.
I was hoping for something somewhat comparable to a 600 magnetic hps but when compared to my blockbuster 8" 600w combo the differences are obvious. I'm not really disappointed in the 315LEC crappying out or its light pattern, oh well tried it and it's not for me right now.
I did want a light that would help keep my temps in check cuz the two 600's I usually run get a little hot for my system depending on climate changes effects on weather that cause the area of the global I live on to over heat aka global warming ( my A$$).
I'd say good veg light but at almost $500 hell no unless you got the $$ and it fits a square veg or bloom system, if you got a rectangle get 4' T-5's and maybe them new Hortilux bulbs still be cheaper, local place wants $25 ea x 6 = $150. A used 6 bulb 4' T-5 fixture and new bulbs still cheaper and a better light spread pattern
Exchanging mine for Gavita 600/750 DE Flex with AC/DC hood and run just this one light and adjust ballast power to hopefully handle heat heat issues. Damn I wish it was still winter

SKUNK420

SKUNK420

Well my local store was not into the idea of exchanging the 315w LEC for a Gavita. They just stocked up and want to sell these lights asap.
If it fails again or whatever Sunlight Supply product label says on the box " 2 years warranty, rebuild or replace ".
Well I got my replacement. Whats next if a problem occurs, send in for repair and down time and rearranging lighting system?
My 4 hour old unit and my new unit was "ASSEMBLED BY #20". Mr.#20 hopefully was not having a bad day.
I'll update how this light performs next week

Last edited:
D

drf

u have a LEC? can u post pic of growing with it?
i want to buy a LEC or a DE, im so on the fenceeeee!

Kurtimas

Kurtimas

I've got two used sun system lec 630 (240 volt though) 4100k for veg, slightly used (less than 2 hours on bulb, just fired to break in and never used after that). I currently have 24x other ss lec 630's in my veg room right now. PM me if you are interested.

Room is a little empty right now lol, just flipped 120 into flower yesterday.

20150425_152331.jpg

Last edited:
Kurtimas

Kurtimas

im getting the feeling this light might be crap...

I would have to disagree, what problems are you having with it? I personally think that it makes an amazing veg light, I do not think it would make the best flower light, the D/E's are the way to go IMO.

Reactions: drf
D

drf

the D/E's are the way to go IMO.
THAT is what i needed to know, SO which D/E is good for the price?
AC/DE looks badass BUT sooooo expensive

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Sorry that looks cheesy, and probably has the Philips ballast? For the same price out the door you can buy the Welthink ballast, bulb of your choice, mogul adapter, and a Gavita 600SE reflector with 15' ballast cord.

DAT

DAT

im happy with my LEC and I grew some huge buds in flower. Its nice and compact with the ballast being inside the hood . There is just one switch to turn it on and its not even that heavy. FOr the minimalist grower who dosent like cutter its great for veg and flower.
Sorry that you had problems with yours, guess you got one of the lemons. Shit happens man, happened to me with an Area 51 led light once.
GOod luck and SHINE ON!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Nice buds DAT! I have been looking at the 315 ss for a bit. Running a 600 hps with an air cooled sealed hood in a 4x4 tent now. I probably only use 3x3 of space in the tent. Would i see better results with the 315 @DAT ?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have one of them! It is very small and compact. Only thing that sucks is the power cord is fixed to the ballast and only 6' long.
Ive heard the spread on these is a little wider so you can use 4 over a 4x8 vs 5 for flower,1/2 that number for veg in same area.
Sorry that looks cheesy, and probably has the Philips ballast? For the same price out the door you can buy the Welthink ballast, bulb of your choice, mogul adapter, and a Gavita 600SE reflector with 15' ballast cord.
Yes they are philips ballasts,Do you think the welthinks are a better ballast?Seems like philips would make the best ballast for their own bulb.Not worth it for me to build it if its the same price.

Top Bottom