Sun System® LEC™ 315 Light Emitting Ceramic Fixture

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Sorry if I was unclear - I was asking if I could run this light at a higher density (~75W/ft²), not lower.

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Trying to decide on old 315 lec vs New commercial for a 2x4 veg tent.
Opinions?

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Last question, what's the heat it puts out comparable too?
Also was planning to go with the 4200 since its gonna be used for veg. should I do so or is the 3k advised?

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

Last question, what's the heat it puts out comparable too?
Also was planning to go with the 4200 since its gonna be used for veg. should I do so or is the 3k advised?

I'm run the 4200's for veg.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

The Welthink ballast can do 120v, Cycloptics sells them for under $200 with a sunlight style plug. The Gavita 600se remote reflector for $90 with $25 Mitronix mogul adapter also throws a rectangular footprint. Cheapest I've paid for lamps is $73, so the whole remote setup is under $400 and you can run longer ballast cords (15ft vs 5 for the Philips ballast).

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Still hitting around $400 after grabbing a bulb with it. Thank you for the info though, this might be a better route.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Not the hortistar but the same one that comes with the 600e pro series. It has a replaceable reflector for $35, same as the DE just one end cutout. You can buy the whole fixture with 15ft cord for $90. I haven't checked the Welthink against the Philips, nor have I verified the longer ballast cord works the same (but FWIW the guy who designed it promised me no decrease in lamp performance).

Top Bottom