SunPulse lamps 4k,6.5k,3k,and10k

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jo4ey

I was sent the commercial lamps on accident and they don't work on our hoods they have a differnt recepticle and will light the first time but will not come on the second time unless you unscrew them . well sent those back but they are on back order I hope they get here soon. my 600w 3k bulb is looking excellent.

E

easypleasie

Has anyone noticed the 3k bulbs aren't anywhere close to the yellow/orange color like a hps bulb? I know it's a mh but at the 3k spectrum, you'd think it would have more of an orange color.

U

ultrasonic

Check out this color temp chart:

colortempchartorig.jpg

See how much color difference between 2200k (hps) and 3k? Its' much closer to the blue, but is most definitely still orange.

I think this is why this company chooses not to advertise much "conventional" data like lumens, etc. I've seen the beginnings of lynch mobs on some forums regarding these bulbs, even going as far as accusing the creators of trying to fool people. These aren't "regular" bulbs, and the the regular understanding we have of bulbs should be changed accordingly.

I Personally have ordered a 1k lumatek and 1k sunpulse 3000kelvin. I'll use it for the whole grow, and finish off with a 10,000kelvin

E

easypleasie

Thanks for the chart, ultrasonic! That clears it all up for me :) Even explains why my 6.5k Sunpulse looks different from my Sun Master mh conversion bulb. btw, the Sun master bulb looks to have the same glass shell as the Sunpulse. The element looks completely different but that glass case looks identical. Really thick!

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Check out this color temp chart:

colortempchartorig.jpg

See how much color difference between 2200k (hps) and 3k? Its' much closer to the blue, but is most definitely still orange.

I think this is why this company chooses not to advertise much "conventional" data like lumens, etc. I've seen the beginnings of lynch mobs on some forums regarding these bulbs, even going as far as accusing the creators of trying to fool people. These aren't "regular" bulbs, and the the regular understanding we have of bulbs should be changed accordingly.

I Personally have ordered a 1k lumatek and 1k sunpulse 3000kelvin. I'll use it for the whole grow, and finish off with a 10,000kelvin

thats great, thx for the chart homie:stonedsmilie:

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Great info since I am about to order digitalballasts. I ddnt know thy screwed up regular bulbs. Right now I use MH the whole way thru because I am more after resin production than flower size. I do have one HPS set up ta throw stragglers under so I can keep my rotation with MH's. Got lots ta learn b4 I get my digitals thn lol.
Peace

B

been

Great info since I am about to order digitalballasts. I ddnt know thy screwed up regular bulbs. Right now I use MH the whole way thru because I am more after resin production than flower size. I do have one HPS set up ta throw stragglers under so I can keep my rotation with MH's. Got lots ta learn b4 I get my digitals thn lol.
Peace

Halides are the shit. :420:

M

MR.SOG

electronic ballasts messing up regular bulbs is a hit or miss. they don't mess up all bulbs. i've been running several lumatek 600s with hortilux bulbs for a few years now and haven't had any issues. hortilux does not recommend running their bulbs with an electronic ballast but it has worked for me for some time now. i am going to buy a sun pulse lamp in the near future to compare.

C

crippled1

I am on my second set of hortilux 600s and have never had a problem with my lumateks/bulbs.
But I am gonna be all over this new sunpulse line.
To keep cost down I want to get just 2 bulbs. One for veg and one for flower.
I think the best combo would be the 4K for veg and 3K for flower.
Or can someone suggest a better combo?

R

Rolln J

10 k??? - thats way off the charts - dont get the 10 for flowering the last 2 weeks or so idea...

R

raven444

Sun Pulse Bulbs

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of an HPS that won't burn out using the high hertz dig. ballasts? You would think there would be a huge market for them . I would love to see a lumen test between a 100w subpulse MH and a conventional 1000w HPS both with dig. ballasts. I was thinking about going digital and w/ sunpulse for the heat and power savings reasons, but I don't want to give up too much on the yield. Anyone willing to test them and do the community a big service?

W

washyskins

even the herbilisor will tell u get more yield with sunpulse lamps! do to the plants being less stressed out from bad light high pressure mh is the way!!!!

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
even the herbilisor will tell u get more yield with sunpulse lamps! do to the plants being less stressed out from bad light high pressure mh is the way!!!!

read page 3 there is somebody thats going to run a test... can't wait either:pimp:

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter

herbalizor high on!lol:fighting0085:

C

crippled1

10 k??? - thats way off the charts - dont get the 10 for flowering the last 2 weeks or so idea...

It's for UV and resin production.
I will be running a side by side comparison with a new 600w hortilux and the 6.4k for veg and 3K for flower.

I spoke with a dude named Dan for about a half hour, I asked for some technical data but he gave me some bs.
He did say that using a combination of the 3k, 4k, 6.4k and 10k in a spinner would replicate sunlight at 37".

My test results should be posted around march.

Latest posts

Top Bottom