SunPulse lamps 4k,6.5k,3k,and10k

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LikesEmBig

i've been using these bulbs for the last three years and they are the best; well worth the money. however, ive been using them on a Lifelight spinning system, so i cant measure their still temp; spinning i get two knocks against heat. i have a dual system, which ideally i like to run the 3k and 4k and finish 2 weeks with 10k and 4k for UV. with both systems the light (without protective glass) is about 4 inches from the buds. with the 3 lamps spinner the penetration is all the way to the bottom of 3-4 foot plants.
i'm waiting for my camera....

oh, by the way all lamps are 400w.

I think you should, if everything else matches up, i.e., watts, # of lamps, get more with these lamps. that is, if you use em right. forget about thinking its like any other MH. it aint; not even like any other lamp.

i just remembered a few years ago (when i didn't have an over surplus of bulbs!) I used my Hortilux. it looked raw compared to the SunP. and it was a lot hotter.

i just got a Lumatek 1000w ballast with two bulbs, a Solarmax and a Plantmx.im already thinking of getting couple of SunPulse.

also, it really doesnt lose any lumens, it just goes out. it burns off all its mercury by the time it goes out.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
YEZ~Its best to use 2 hoods or more to get the full spec thing going on but yes the 3k will work all the way thru. 10k is for the last week in flowering to promote more resin production! love these bulbs and wont change. 2.8k has replaced the 3k. here are some pics of our white fire og and Elites Chemdog 91 in the 6th week of flower 4 more to go,, bottom buds but still beauts. Pics taken with lights on!

IMG 0629

IMG 0630

IMG 0635

IMG 0633

P

puntacometa

In winter I usually grow in a greenhouse with a dedicated room for veg. I have had good luck vegging 18/6 with the 1000W Hortilux Blue and using generic 1000 W HPS bulbs to augment the natural sunlight for flowering. Right now I'm having to change things up a bit and so I'm having my first experience using grow tents. I am using 2 x Sunhut XL's (54" x 54" x 84")....one for flower, one for veg. Each tent has 2 x air cooled ventilated reflectors running a pair of 600W SunPulse MH bulbs, each pair split off of a 1000W ballast using the SunPulse splitter. Right now one of the tents is running the 6.4k bulbs and the other is running the 4k. I'll start flowering the babies in the 4k tent in about 10 days and will switch to a pair of the 3k MH bulbs and I'll eventually finish up the flowering cycle with a pair of the 10k MH bulbs. It's a relatively expensive setup but I've had some nice yields over the past few months and can afford to experiment a bit and I've been very curious about this SunPulse system. The energy savings over time (being able to run the same number of bulbs on half the number of ballasts) would theoretically be a money saver if the bulbs don't crap out and the system produces good yields. I have never flowered under MH's before so we'll see. I'll post up some pics if anyone is interested.
:)

T

TacomaComa

meh i tried these and saw zero improvement. went back to super horti hps.

S

SunFish

I ordered a 3k and a 10k 1000w sunpulse and noticed alot of the aforementioned observations. The 3k seems to have a broad spectrum with a majority in the 590 to 610 nm. But Sunpulse.com denounces alot of the lumen theories in their websites literature white papers. Siting the 10k bulb idea is the need for UV radiation mimicking a high altitude environment. It explains the reasoning for the decreased heat and reduced lumen output in only the red or blue spectrum but an increase in the halide filled arc tubes incident energy output. Plants care about the incident energy they want what they evolved for millions of years in symbiosis with. The literature gets technical yes but definitely proves sunpulses team of experts hyptothesis in one paper! Well the second shows the aging high pressure sodium technology against the new Halide tech.
And for you HPS core and coils guys still tryin to get all the worth out of the purchase look at Philips retro fit 400 watt mastercolor bulbs for that broad spectrum. Philips states they have noticed increased productivity in humans working under these luminaires. Hopefully theyll retool in the near future for bigger wattage retro-fit type lamps. Moores Law can even effect the THC farmer!

O

ozric420

Hello ,anybody use the 600 w 6.4k sunpulse for veg then switch over to the 600w 3k for flower only. thank u

F

Fast eddy

I picked up two starspinner units. They are 600 watt per arm. I'm trying to figure what would be a good spacing between the two. Any input would be great, thanks

B

beachgirl

Hey Eddie,
Just been reading this thread for a while.. First post here. Had to post.

First of all, I have finished trimming the last of my product from the sun pulse 1000 w lights.

I have used to life light spinners in my first grow. My advice is to take them back. My first spinner light broke about one month into my grow (it was new). I had to mail it back to them and took a week to get a new motor, so i was out one whole light for a week! Next advice, get them as close to your plant as possible without hitting them. I would space them as closing together without hitting each other. They do have a large footprint, however, in my experience its not as strong or intense as a regular hps light.

I tried a sunpulse veg light and like the results, so I switched from hortilux bulbs to sunpulse 1000watt flower on this grow. After three and a half weeks, i noticed a distint difference of the size of my bud. It was much smaller! But the
resinous quality to all my buds was incredible!. I changed my bulbs mid grow, but my buds stayed small and very dense. They are the most crystally sticky buds i have ever seen and smoked! Probably because these bulbs are cooler and doesn't degrade the thc, as hotter bulbs might, but do not plump up the buds so much because they are cooler. So, I might try these bulbs again, but I think next time I will place my lights about three inches above my plants, and well see what happens. Hope this helps.

P

patientgrower

Harvesting using 3k.

I just harvested four organically grown girls; Ace of Spades, Cheesequake, Blueberry x White Rhino, & Afghan #3, and experience a huge reduction of weight in comparison to past harvests. I am currently using x4 600w 3k sunpulse lamps.. In the past I have used HPS and Ceramic Metal Halide, which seems to have worked the best so far.

This harvest, I had a great resin count, but other than that... a sad excuse of yield. The Cheesequake did amazing, even under circumstances, but I could really use some help. I have another batch in the same room about 3-4 weeks out, and really need a better density/ overall yeild.

Along with the 4 600w lamps, I am using a A/C unit, and am injecting Co2 regularly.

F

Fast eddy

I've heard some mixed results with the lights, and the spinner does complicate things. Be that as it is, I'm still gonna run this set up. Once it's up and running I'll start a thread to share with others the pro's and or con's. Thanks for your input, do you guys have any pics of your set up

dankworth

dankworth

I can cross a finish line blindfolded and hopping backwards on one leg.
While holding a sunpulse lamp each hand, spinning them around.
With a sunpulse splitter to hold my pants up.:banana1sv6:

Interesting tech that does not confer an advantage in weight or frost that cannot be achieved with other lamp choices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom