• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
SunPulse lamps 4k,6.5k,3k,and10k?

was thinking of using these SunPulse lamps with my dual 600 power grow box, just wondering what mix i should use cause i don't veg, but i know most plants stay vegging the 1st 2 weeks anyways so just wondering if anybody has used these and what you think would be good for me. There supposed to be the new lamps 4 digital ballasts.

U

ugmjfarmer

I'm very interested in these lamps because of the color spectrum control, plus the fact that they are the only bulb manufacturer talking about why digital ballasts burn out bulbs faster and why theirs wont (ie: 20,000 cycles vs 50.)

The general rules are 4k+ for transition, 2k for mid to late bloom, switch to 10k for the last week.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm very interested in these lamps because of the color spectrum control, plus the fact that they are the only bulb manufacturer talking about why digital ballasts burn out bulbs faster and why theirs wont (ie: 20,000 cycles vs 50.)

The general rules are 4k+ for transition, 2k for mid to late bloom, switch to 10k for the last week.

yup there for digital ballasts only and kinda expensive 130$ but was going to get 4k,3k,and10k, they say if u only have 1 ballasts u can use 3k the whole way but if u got two or more wanna mix it up and get some full spec going on:rasta:

bigdawg

bigdawg

got the 3k bulb last month, still waiting on the 6.5k..been backordered for awhile. will be testing them soon..:stonedsmilie:

J

jew boie

Listen to me please.I have used the sunpluse bulbs through a complete flowering cycle and they are wack.So I wanted to see just how wack so my next cycle I used 2 cheap solar max bulbs in one tent and two of the 3k in the other within two weeks the plants under the solar max were twice the sixe and thickness so I pulled the 3k out and put my solarmax back in.This is what I was unawrae of is that all there bulbs are HPMH bulbs.THERE FUCKING MH BULBS!That shit was wack some of my babies didnt even flower right becuase the light spectrum is blue not red or orange or yellow.Please fell free to try your self but I have been there and I am surley dissapointed.

J

jo4ey

I have been flowering with sun pulse for a while now everything looks normal still.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Very good, highly recommend them. I managed to pull 14 oz from one plant under a 400w 3k and 10 k in the last weeks.

Bud that were produced were the best i have in a while. Plant less stressed as not under hps and resin content and turpines were improved.

W

washyskins

this is my first time using them i dont know about jew boie but im using digital ballast and my plants love them im in my 2nd week of veg there beautiful!!!!! keep u posted im happy the herbalizor likes em =) im using a 3k and a 6.5

O

organic herbalist

never heard of them before. just had a google and they sound good but ÂŁ70 for a bulb.
herbie do they not produce as much heat as a hps?
would a 3k be ok all the way through flower or do you really need a 10k for the last couple weeks.

W

washyskins

never heard of them before. just had a google and they sound good but ÂŁ70 for a bulb.
herbie do they not produce as much heat as a hps?
would a 3k be ok all the way through flower or do you really need a 10k for the last couple weeks.

well i can tell ya that i can put my hand right under them and touch the glass! They r cooler than hps they are a hp metal halide.

B

BayAreasFinest

I just wanted to make sure i get this straight? You buy 2 or 3 different bulbs for the whole cycle? I'm guessing it has to do with the light spectrum? Ive always used the same bulb throughout my entire grow

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I just wanted to make sure i get this straight? You buy 2 or 3 different bulbs for the whole cycle? I'm guessing it has to do with the light spectrum? Ive always used the same bulb throughout my entire grow

yeah they say if you got 2 or more ballasts to use two different bulbs to get diff spec but if you got 1 ballasts use the 3k the whole way and maybe the 10k the last 2 for more resin:smiley_joint:

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Very good, highly recommend them. I managed to pull 14 oz from one plant under a 400w 3k and 10 k in the last weeks.

Bud that were produced were the best i have in a while. Plant less stressed as not under hps and resin content and turpines were improved.

wondering if you still use these bulbs? cuz your shit looks GREATTTTT in your gallery:damnhippie:

J

jo4ey

Yeah the SunPUlse are way cooler as such i am able to put them way closer than my Hps bulbs with less stress and way cooler temps also my hair and resin production has went up in the last few weeks using the 10K bulb.

Z

zorglub

I don't have the empression that MH is a more cooler bulb than HPS. I have a 400 watt 10,000 kelvin 34000 lumen MH bulp that fitts my hps ballast and a 400 watt 2050 kelvin 58,000 lumen HPS bulb. They use the same amount of energi but the MH allmost only gives out half the lumen. The energi consumed must turn to somthing else, properly heat.

Zorglub

N

noone88

My local hydroshop guy was pitching it to me. I guess the main selling points are it's designed to work with digital ballasts (no more exploding bulbs?!)

Changing light spectrum during flowering is not a new concept however. Going from blue->red->blue to finish is something that's been done for a while now.

Bulbs also cost more compared to standard horti/ushios.

B

been

I'm tired of my C&C ballast burning out MH lamps after a few weeks. I think pulse start halides are on the way. I gotta stop being cheap cuz it's costing me money! :rofl

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm tired of my C&C ballast burning out MH lamps after a few weeks. I think pulse start halides are on the way. I gotta stop being cheap cuz it's costing me money! :rofl

Hell yeah bro like grandpa said ''you get what you pay for''...i'm going digital:pimp:

Y

yungezz

I'm lovin my new Lumatek digi balast, light silent, and painted a lovely metalic purple!, but i heard they can screw up your neighbours cable signal. bad news if this is true coz people gonna start snooping around to find the problem.

Just using standard hps at mo but will try 3K + 10K if the reports are still good!
Does the 10K affect the plants like uv rays do (sun burn but more resin?)

Yungs.

G

GroHi

It'd be nice if they made an hps, though I'm sure they've heard this before. If not, here's the suggestion. Peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom