SunPulse lamps 4k,6.5k,3k,and10k

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cranberry

Sunpulse got my money once!

If you ran a spinner and balanced the light it would work as the have intended.

So after buying four 3k bulbs and doing a grow i did not see an improvement.. aka wasted money. so then like an ass I got four 4k thinking ok maybe I need follow this dudes ideas of whats best. Well that was a waste again.

:mad0233:

So not changing a thing I did a grow with my old trusty solarmax bulbs in my digital ballasts and my numbers were back on track... for the better. I never did get the 10k for resin production and a speedy finish. Didn't feel like throwing another 500 after a bad grand in bulbs.

Just my two cents.

C

crippled1

One of the moderators, the herbalizor has used these and was very happy with the results.
Herbalizor, I wish I could pm you but am lacking in posts.
Can you chime in here and give us some guidance. Sir.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
If you ran a spinner and balanced the light it would work as the have intended.

So after buying four 3k bulbs and doing a grow i did not see an improvement.. aka wasted money. so then like an ass I got four 4k thinking ok maybe I need follow this dudes ideas of whats best. Well that was a waste again.

:mad0233:

So not changing a thing I did a grow with my old trusty solarmax bulbs in my digital ballasts and my numbers were back on track... for the better. I never did get the 10k for resin production and a speedy finish. Didn't feel like throwing another 500 after a bad grand in bulbs.

Just my two cents.

they say for best results use two or three diff bulbs,wondering if u used the 3k and 4k at the same time?

U

ultrasonic

they say for best results use two or three diff bulbs,wondering if u used the 3k and 4k at the same time?

aye, it would be nice if he could clarify on this: I'm curios what he used each bulb for.

A little more info than "didn't see an improvement" would be nice.... you said you used 4k after trying the 3k... what for? like you mention, using multiple bulbs are for the spinner system.
The 3k bulbs are 2.8k vs. 2.2k for HPS - they aren't that far off, they've just got some more blue in them instead of a huge spike of yellow/orange

what were your results specifically? Thanks!

homebrew420

homebrew420

The owner creator of Sun pulse, Gerald Garrison, def has some great ideas. However they are incredibly impractical! Who has the money to purchase all the equipment necessary to do the rotating 5 light setup? Ceramic metal halides emit the best, spectrum of any one single lamp. I just purchased 2 hps ballasts and 2 MasterColor retro-White lamps from, http://advancedtechlighting.com/index.htm. Cheapest on the net. not to mention the fact that These sunpulse lamps have no info other than what the MANUFACTURER is telling us. Tons of info at the link posted. Check it out and save yourself money.

J

jo4ey

Ok heres the deal. I had the opportunity to attend the Frisco grow expo and meet the people from sunpulse. I have tested the 600w 3k and am veging under a 1000w 4k bulb. I had 1000w bulbs but i had issues with the bulbs and am awaiting shipment. from what i have been experiencing is what they demonstrated at the expo. Hps bulbs emit mercury every 60th of a second acording to the 60hz of your ballast voltage. the sunpulse bulbs don't emit mercury they proved this with a side by side bulb in a cool tube with a special uv filter in the tube to show the mercury eminating from the bulb to the glass and finally being read with a mercury meter of some type. the hps bulbs emited a glow and was tested with the meter. the sunpulse bulbs didnot and there was nothing detected by the meter. Now for my personal experince I am able to place the sunpulse bulbs closer to my plants and not experince any burnning or bleaching at the tips. I also have noticed what is called a crowning effect from my Hps bulbs any one know what this is from my guess is the mercury. So if anyone knows what the inverse square laws means in relation to bulb distance to canopy ratio will appreciate being able to place your 1000w bulbs three to six inches above your plants. I will post pix a little later i would like to show you the same plant under sun pulse bulbs and a hps light side by side in the begining and later stages. lets see what every one else thinks and try not be to negative.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok heres the deal. I had the opportunity to attend the Frisco grow expo and meet the people from sunpulse. I have tested the 600w 3k and am veging under a 1000w 4k bulb. I had 1000w bulbs but i had issues with the bulbs and am awaiting shipment. from what i have been experiencing is what they demonstrated at the expo. Hps bulbs emit mercury every 60th of a second acording to the 60hz of your ballast voltage. the sunpulse bulbs don't emit mercury they proved this with a side by side bulb in a cool tube with a special uv filter in the tube to show the mercury eminating from the bulb to the glass and finally being read with a mercury meter of some type. the hps bulbs emited a glow and was tested with the meter. the sunpulse bulbs didnot and there was nothing detected by the meter. Now for my personal experince I am able to place the sunpulse bulbs closer to my plants and not experince any burnning or bleaching at the tips. I also have noticed what is called a crowning effect from my Hps bulbs any one know what this is from my guess is the mercury. So if anyone knows what the inverse square laws means in relation to bulb distance to canopy ratio will appreciate being able to place your 1000w bulbs three to six inches above your plants. I will post pix a little later i would like to show you the same plant under sun pulse bulbs and a hps light side by side in the begining and later stages. lets see what every one else thinks and try not be to negative.

sweet thx for the info,got some haters on the bulbs but i dont think there using them right. My bro using the 600w 3k and 4k and look fantastic no burn and has the light on top of the plants!!! i will be running them today on my new batch of Chemdog 91 :smiley_joint::smiley_joint::smiley_joint:

N

noone88

CMH shouldn't even be mentioned until they can produce 600 and 1000 watt bulbs...

justiceman

justiceman

Dude Im all for it. I am firstly going to try out the 6.4k 400w for my veg. I am anxious to check out these pictures.:animal0012:

C

chranotik

i've used a 600w 6.4k for veg for 2 rounds now and i have to say the growth is real nice, for flowering i've been using lucalox's though since i did have some bulbs explode from using my lumateks but this fixed that problem. I'm thinking about adding maybe one 10k to my lineup for the last 2 weeks. Since i'm using 3 600's, i figure i could run 1 6.4, 2 hps for flowering and then 2 hps and 1 10k for the last 2 weeks. I just hate changing bulbs out though and messing with ductwork, but if it's worth it, it's worth it.

justiceman

justiceman

Ya the 10k has me very interested. I am also considering that as well. If it does what it's supposed to do then I will:party0023:

D

DrDanko

There are a few things i'll add after reading all the posts. First, my new friend Rolln J said earlier that a 10K bulb is off the charts. I do agree it's getting extreme, but the bulbs actually aren't the rating they give them. For instance, the 3K bulb isn't actually 3K. It's close, but the exact numbers are company secrets, so we can't be sure. I'm guessing the 10K is in the 9K range, but I still get your point. Also, someone had mentioned that these bulbs were exclusively for Electronic/Electric ballasts and not for core/coir. That's not true, as these can be used in virtually any ballast. They say on their website that these are the 'new HPS' bulbs, and that HPS bulbs will soon be obsolite. Just a few things I wanted to add. I'll be trying the 3K and 10K this round, hopefully I'll have a logue as well. Peace.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I have used/use the 3k, 4k, 6.4k all 600 watters. They all do what they say they grow plants. Its great to have MH's for 600's without the conversion bulbs that make them put out as much a 400w. If yall really think you are gonna have huge yield gains and such using horti's or sunpulses over standard bulbs dont kid yourself. I flower under the 6.4K and the 3K. Works like a champ. Still hitting above the 2 lb mark on a 4x4 with the MH's. Hella frosty also. Other side I have standard HPS and the 4K bulb. I veg and flower under the same bulbs. Finish product is almost exactly identical.

If you want MH's for your 600's no questions about it get these bulbs. If you want HPS just get HPS's. I got mine for $110 shipped. IGS is a good place to get them.

The 10K bulb is a UV-B bulb and is supposed to fuel frost. Herby uses one. I havent so I cant comment but I wont buy a $110 dollar bulb to use it for 2 weeks a cycle. Mine have been firing for close to a year and still going strong and no color fade. Lifelight keeps no secerts. Call them on the phone or email them. Will glady answer your questions.

U

ultrasonic

I have used/use the 3k, 4k, 6.4k all 600 watters. They all do what they say they grow plants. Its great to have MH's for 600's without the conversion bulbs that make them put out as much a 400w. If yall really think you are gonna have huge yield gains and such using horti's or sunpulses over standard bulbs dont kid yourself. I flower under the 6.4K and the 3K. Works like a champ. Still hitting above the 2 lb mark on a 4x4 with the MH's. Hella frosty also. Other side I have standard HPS and the 4K bulb. I veg and flower under the same bulbs. Finish product is almost exactly identical.

If you want MH's for your 600's no questions about it get these bulbs. If you want HPS just get HPS's. I got mine for $110 shipped. IGS is a good place to get them.

The 10K bulb is a UV-B bulb and is supposed to fuel frost. Herby uses one. I havent so I cant comment but I wont buy a $110 dollar bulb to use it for 2 weeks a cycle. Mine have been firing for close to a year and still going strong and no color fade. Lifelight keeps no secerts. Call them on the phone or email them. Will glady answer your questions.

Thanks for the info man, great to hear about your success. I'd pretty well agree with you that they're not anything crazy special, but they do have unique characteristics:

1) they're MH bulbs
2) burn cooler
3) hold color longer
4) won't get destroyed in digital ballasts

as for spending the cash on a 10k for 2 weeks, I kindof agree. I however was interested in using UV bulbs anyway (reptile CFL 10ks) but by the time I bought enough to fill the tent, i'd be spending nearly enough for the bulb. The intensity beats out CFL's as well.

One question tho - how many plants under the 4x4? I'm running with 4 under a 4x4 SCROG 1000w, with a 1.5-2lb goal.

peace all

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Thanks for the info man, great to hear about your success. I'd pretty well agree with you that they're not anything crazy special, but they do have unique characteristics:

1) they're MH bulbs
2) burn cooler
3) hold color longer
4) won't get destroyed in digital ballasts

as for spending the cash on a 10k for 2 weeks, I kindof agree. I however was interested in using UV bulbs anyway (reptile CFL 10ks) but by the time I bought enough to fill the tent, i'd be spending nearly enough for the bulb. The intensity beats out CFL's as well.

One question tho - how many plants under the 4x4? I'm running with 4 under a 4x4 SCROG 1000w, with a 1.5-2lb goal.

peace all

It all depends on veg time, training, and strain. Using mixed strains, 12-16 plants seems to be optimal. I have done as many as 24 to 30 in smaller pots but with the 600's the penetration seems to lack compared to 1K's. Good veg time with a little training is about month or a little more with the lower plant count. Maxed out I hit right above the 3lb mark with some stupid veg time.

Yea I have heard the 10k's work great. Just not my cup of tea. Good luck.

U

ultrasonic

I'm almost ready to start flowering - just going to install my SCROG screen now. Like i've said before, i'll be sure to post pics once things really start to get going to show the growth. So far i'd say it's pretty normal, and the light def. has more blue to it. The leaves are getting big: and fast

This particular forum I only visit for this thead, and I call elsewhere home. However, I will be sure to come back for an update. I had a hard time finding info on Sunpulse bulbs, so I'd like to provide what I can.

Thanks all, and thanks cemchris for the luck!

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm almost ready to start flowering - just going to install my SCROG screen now. Like i've said before, i'll be sure to post pics once things really start to get going to show the growth. So far i'd say it's pretty normal, and the light def. has more blue to it. The leaves are getting big: and fast

This particular forum I only visit for this thead, and I call elsewhere home. However, I will be sure to come back for an update. I had a hard time finding info on Sunpulse bulbs, so I'd like to provide what I can.

Thanks all, and thanks cemchris for the luck!

thx alot ultra much respected keep coming back love to hear the info. I got a run going right now also and i must say i love them and can tell a diff right away plats jus seem to like them alot more...plus i can put my hoo right on top of them without burn GREAT!!!:banana::banana::banana:

G

Ganjalover

Very good, highly recommend them. I managed to pull 14 oz from one plant under a 400w 3k and 10 k in the last weeks.
QUOTE]

Nice, but with your skills we can only guess how much extra you could of had if you used normal hps bulbs

Top Bottom