Super Critical CBD from Greenhouse Seeds

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Clones are holding at 25.5 C/70%rh this morning.... End of day 5

Happy Canada Day to any Canucks out there!!
looking good...

Happy Canada Day to ya as well, been gone 30 years now living in the US...family all still in Ontario

Dr.B

Dr.B

The pearlite showed up early today, its been added to my mix, about 30% In four days I'll fill, flush and pre feed some solo cups, 12 in total. 8 of those get to see what living in a window somewhere is like... 4 stay with me. The remaining dozen clones get to see what the hydroponic life is like with some friends of mine.

It will be interesting to see the different degrees of success and failure in the five other rooms/windows/sheds/closets/tents these will end up in.

No visible progress on the clones tonight, I have to feed them nightly about a cup in total. There might, might be the very beginning of roots on one or two... Still looking sad, green! But sad... 🤷‍♂️ It will be a few more days at least.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Ok, Mom started drinking last night and her color/growth has normalized... Again. I think I've pondered this out enough. With the addition of lime I can set my pH going forward at 6.3.

Got her staked and zip tied! One stake per main branch. One loose tie around each stem, then one tight to the stake through the loose tie.

Just watering/feeding until day 21 or so, I'll likely push it to day 23... But she will need some fine tuning at that point.

Going into day 3 of flower. On my calendar I put it on Sunday, force of habit... I think I flipped Saturday...

IMG 20200701 231824
IMG 20200701 231809
Dr.B

Dr.B

Started watering the clones 250ml twice a day this morning. Not drinking... Evaporation.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Still no roots on the clones... Still looking sad lol

Mom drank her pot dry yesterday after a fairly heavy watering the day before.. a gallon or so... I'm putting her on a day 1 & 2 feeding program for the rest of bloom. 2 liters today at 1.6 EC, another liter tomorrow then nothing until she's dry. Usually a 2 - 3 day cycle... She'll go up to 1.8 on Sunday and up again weekly until week 5. I'll adjust volume if she needs it along the way.

No run off from that gallon that I dumped in after the flush... No runoff since the big flush at all... I'm Not repotting, so I have to trust the lime to counter the salt buildup and acidity for the next 6 weeks.

Dr.B

Dr.B

No roots yet but I can smell the clones again this morning. Something is happening...

Dr.B

Dr.B

She's starting to fill out, expecting a late stretch. She's got a lot going on right now... Absorbing enough light to take unfiltered pictures in there as of today.

IMG 20200703 193431
IMG 20200703 193408
Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm worried about my clones. Its the end of day 9 and I'm not seeing progress. I read some folks had issues cloning this strain, low success rate. By now I usually see very visible roots.

I'll keep going until I see roots or they die I guess. I certainly don't want to have to go back to seed. That would be a colossal f@ck up...

I pulled the saddest looking clone this morning. Swelling at the base inside the block with a bit of nobbyness. They are just slow like their mother I suspect... Its happening...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Filling and flushing solo cups this morning while I ensure adequate drainage. Just using tap water as I'm a week or so from where I might need all these ready. I'll let them mostly dry out and then flush them again lightly with a buffered nutrient solution.

Dr.B

Dr.B

So I went ahead and did the top prune today.

Usually I do it a few days before I flip and fine tune at days 7 & 21. This time I fim'ed a week and a bit before flipping, full top/mid prune @ day 7... I intend to fine tune at day 21 but I don't plan to remove much more, if any going forward. (Aside from overly dense growth, "dark" leaves and those that presume to shade my buds...)

*I've never fim'ed before this. You can really see where it took and where it didn't so much... now that all that jungle undergrowth has been cleared away! That post fim'ing deformed growth is bizarre to say the least. I cleared most of that away too.

Onward and upward!! (Hint, Hint plant! 😜)

***Started running the supplementary 3000k t5's for 11 hours a day within the other lights program. Helps with the edge growth... Small light footprint. Need taller tent... This was the end result of a brief dust up with the wife over power consumption... Lol. Now I use a little bit more... Conversely, it cost me $200 a month more going forward, (Compromise) but I will never hear a utility bill complaint again!

IMG 20200704 185428
IMG 20200704 185441
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

(She's had a rough start to her day, I'll be sure to post some pictures once she perks up... Her color is definitely better but the newer growth is still much lighter than the slightly older growth... Strain related? I'm about done asking and tweaking, I'm going in on a plan from here.

I'll take notes. If I kill her I will learn, If She survives I will learn. If I nail it by some stroke of luck/fate...

Regardless, I won't walk away without something of value lol.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Perked up immediately once I provided her some focus and direction!

IMG 20200705 000624
IMG 20200705 000601
Dr.B

Dr.B

Nothing going on today or for the next couple weeks in the flower tent aside from feeding. (E.C. gets bumped up today)

I'll post pictures of the clones once they root... Day 10... Still nothing...

Dr.B

Dr.B

(I think I nailed the first prune by the way, something I've been struggling with for quite some time. Some heavy reading associated with that topic. It was my secondary reason for seeking out work in the industry in 2018 next to cloning techniques and equipment... Get paid to f@ck up on someone else's plants while learning??!! Sign me up.)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Please don't take this the wrong way, but working so hard to absolutely maximize everything re training seems kind of stressful! Do you just really enjoy the challenge?

Dr.B

Dr.B

Please don't take this the wrong way, but working so hard to absolutely maximize everything re training seems kind of stressful! Do you just really enjoy the challenge?
Learning a new strain is always stressful to some degree, my fall crop depends on success, flowering the mother gives me one good shot at success... I like to try as many things as I can on the mother to learn before I settle in with multiple plants. The only reason I'm experimenting so much on this girl is because she is the only one I'm flowering. It presents a natural opportunity with obvious benefits if successful.

When I really treat her wrong the recovery effort can be intense but I think I really do just enjoy the challenge. Its amazing what you can learn from torturing a plant for 6 weeks straight. Ive almost killed this plant half a dozen times... Once a week or so lol.

I suspect she will produce well for me for all my efforts too. Once I got that old dark growth off her she really started responding to me... (timing was everything on that one.)

There are so many training and pruning firsts here, I'm excited to see what happens in the next two to six weeks.

Not taken the wrong way at all buddy! Fire away! I'm happy to share. Its all about the learning. I have so much more to learn lol

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my mother/vegetative tent. Everything should be here by Tuesday. A 2' x 4' x 6' tent, 3 x 3' 36 watt EDK LED's, 2 new circulation fans, a top fill humidifier and inline fan for the exhaust/passive intake... It will piggyback off the existing tents as much as possible.

Stocked up on a few things while I was at the grow store too...

@One drop , took the plunge and bought some dual fuel. Ive got some reading to do...

IMG 20200705 171518
Dr.B

Dr.B

I also made the switch to Green Planets "Dual Fuel" line for all three tents going forward. I'm going in with the two main components, I'll pick up the rest of the supplementary nutrients as the feeding schedule calls for it. There are 4... About $90.00 more. 🤬 Lol, Ill go tomorrow...

Screenshot 20200705 195842
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

I went and picked up the other four parts of my new "2 part" nutrient today. Lol. In for a penny...

As you can see my c02 bucket is bubbling away merrily so I turned my exhaust down to minimum/intake to match. Just waiting to feed her the new food now...

IMG 20200706 182359
Top Bottom