Super Silver Haze Dwc grow

• Thread starter Thebestoftheworst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Old leaves won't get better but only worse. Focus on the new growth.
bring your room temp to 82f and the humidity to 70%. @Moe.Red already mentioned what temps of rez should be. EC and PH is fine.

How far is the water line from the rockwool? I just wanna be sure the wool is not sitting in puddle of water.
I plan to correct my temps and humidity.
Still haven’t gotten around to purchasing a humidifier and with cold temps in 30s my heater dries my air out a little to much due to poor insulation of room . The temp is just what it is at current I have chiller set to 20c but the floor is concrete under laminent and until raised I believe this is as warm as I can get it .
mom another not do my roots look like it’s enough growth and does my plant happen to look sized right for a plant that was germinated jan 17?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
with vpd being out of range you are going to run into problems. cannibus plants like tropical weather. hot and moist for veg and than slightly less moist in flower.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Old leaves won't get better but only worse. Focus on the new growth.
bring your room temp to 82f and the humidity to 70%. @Moe.Red already mentioned what temps of rez should be. EC and PH is fine.

How far is the water line from the rockwool? I just wanna be sure the wool is not sitting in puddle of water.
My water line is two inches below net pot

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Using GH 3 part series, my seedlings always start off a bit wonky in the beginning of DWC. I mostly assume it's "growing pains", and it normally corrects itself before the first major set of leaves come on.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Does that still protect from root rot or algae ? Sorry to ask to much
Algae just make sure you are not leaking light anywhere. No light, no algae.

Rot rot - I highly recommend a BB colony with enzymes and mycorrhizae. Running 72* with a solid BB colony will keep the roots in perfect shape unless there is another problem.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

For example, a proper humidifier.

Bit pressed for time today I'll get you back a bit later.
Okay so humidifier will be here on 9th I did res change with
15ml silica waited a hour befor adding anything
10ml cal mag
2.5 ml micro
2.5 ml grow
2.5 ml bloom
10ml rapid root
7.5 ml botanicare hydro guard
Okay so I accidentally added two drops of diluted ph down realized then gave 30 min and added up to bring ph to 5.8
Added second air stone to bucket and set chiller to 20 Celsius .
with homemade humidifier I kept temps in room 81 and res temp 20c with 59% humidity.
current TDS /ppm 350

8D32F2E6 7C31 4871 8EC5 A99FFF1BABA3
A1B97D08 4B9A 48F4 A48B 076C4135E47D
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Algae just make sure you are not leaking light anywhere. No light, no algae.

Rot rot - I highly recommend a BB colony with enzymes and mycorrhizae. Running 72* with a solid BB colony will keep the roots in perfect shape unless there is another problem.
My chiller lines happen to be clear I hadn’t gotten the black hoses yet but it’s not in bucket it is what’s moving with pump still not good or is this okay atm ?

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

When mixing up for my res I was told to add silica first then cal mag ect ect . But online people say to ph the solution after adding silica back to 6.0 then add nutrients and re ph . Is this correct and does or did it matter I added silica waited hour then added nutes and then supplements finally let mix after another hour and add ph to adjust to 5.8 ? Any info would be healpful

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Super Silver Haze, good strain to grow. Not only is it extremely hardy and fairly easy to grow for beginners - it puts out. A lot! I just grew 1 of these last year outdoors, and harvested a little over 4lbs from 1 plant alone. The buds are extremely dense - will break most grinders. It is a very pure sativa strain, though. So keep that in mind when you go to flower, you're going to want a solid 12 to 14 weeks for flowering on this one. 10 weeks minimum even for hydro. I was lucky to have a decent fall season and was actually able to finish mine properly. Keep clones of that strain and good luck! Lookin good so far! 🤠

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

To the people who happen to stumble on the page thanks for joining me on my grow . As a novice at this I am just full of questions . Like for instance why is my ph going up if water level hasn’t really dropped nor has ppm changed ? With last water change (2week mark) the other day I set ph to 5.7 and returned today at 6.1 it seems to drift like this daily and requires adjustments to bring back to my 5.8 . Along with that are my spots from nutrient burns or is it ph lock out or really just my previous temps and humidity issues ?
when adding my solution I didn’t think 300 or 350 was still to high to cause spots so I figure it is the temp/hum . I recently posted up my feeding dosages for my 3 gallon res and still am unclear if I mixed them correctly and or if I did the silica right even tho I added it first ? Just wanted a kinda step by step run down how you guys do yours when mixing . Thanks again

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Got the humidifier set to 68 highest it will go and within hour room had went to 61 percent humidity so hopefully this will stop the rust spots ??

5E330076 79A0 44B8 90C6 4AB47631BE8A
B48DF69C 86A0 4C0A A5B1 D25905748508
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

To the people who happen to stumble on the page thanks for joining me on my grow . As a novice at this I am just full of questions . Like for instance why is my ph going up if water level hasn’t really dropped nor has ppm changed ? With last water change (2week mark) the other day I set ph to 5.7 and returned today at 6.1 it seems to drift like this daily and requires adjustments to bring back to my 5.8 . Along with that are my spots from nutrient burns or is it ph lock out or really just my previous temps and humidity issues ?
when adding my solution I didn’t think 300 or 350 was still to high to cause spots so I figure it is the temp/hum . I recently posted up my feeding dosages for my 3 gallon res and still am unclear if I mixed them correctly and or if I did the silica right even tho I added it first ? Just wanted a kinda step by step run down how you guys do yours when mixing . Thanks again
PH will fluxuate a bit, no worries. Some of it is real, some is instrumentation. You are keeping it in a good range, you do not have PH lockout.

I think you are at 300PPM right now? I would add cal-mag only to 350PPM. Watch it for 24 hours and post a new pic. Tag me in it by saying @Moe.Red and I'll look again. I think you are showing symptoms on this chart, do you see what I see?

I think it is always better to come up to the right nute level than to start high and work down. These leaves will most likely not recover but you can arrest decline, and these leaves were never destined to see the end anyhow. You are doing fine.

Edit - good job not overcorrecting!

Last edited:
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

@Moe.Red I’m thinkin calcium def or possible phosphorus or potassium excess due to my nodes spacing being pretty small but I’m not sure if I’m just assuming that . The discription doesn’t match exactly but very close

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, i can already see you going to worry about the amount of water you are going to put into that 5gallon. you be happy with one litter 🙃

here you can read my journal on Gorilla Glue Deep water culture (dwc) Just use ph down to lower the ph and not what i did in the beginning. This should help you bypass alot of the problems ahead of the time. :)

Top Bottom