Super Silver Haze Dwc grow

• Thread starter Thebestoftheworst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Some other folks say it's supposed to stay at a particular PH.. I've noticed that when I let my PH drift, it brings out the terpenes, makes the plant more likely to change purple.

When I keep them from drifting though, they tend to extend their flowering times and stay greener, the pistils stay whiter for longer, plants take longer to mature, the buds get chunkier and denser due to being a bit longer to mature, but the terpenes aren't there and the flavor is greener and lacks the fruity grapey flavor that is present in drifted PH.
This is really interesting, not something I had heard before. This is all personal experience or can you point me somewhere to read about this?

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

This is really interesting, not something I had heard before. This is all personal experience or can you point me somewhere to read about this?

This is what I have noticed with my own grows over the years. They get really deep purple in the winter time because it gets so cold in my basement at night. 5 gallon DWC, plants/trees drink up a whole 5 gallon bucket every other day. When I make a fresh batch the PH sits at 6.2 on the chem tests it's yellowish...

Then I test the bucket, when I have to feed new nutes... just because I am curious to see what the PH is at before I put in a new 5 gallon bucket, and it's down to 5.2 - 4.0... PH chem test is deep red. (I had a digital tester at one time and test it against my PH chem tests so I know how the colors correlate to the numbers.

Winter time temps in the basement at night time hit 55 degrees. Come Spring time temps go back up to consistent 65. Give a completely different flavor, more hashy tasting rather than the grapey fruity flavor I get in winter.

Seed is my own, from my Vietnam vet dealer who usually stuck with indicas.... So the genetics are there. Plant profile indoors is 3 foot flat tops with a big center Kola extremely dense branching....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Roots look good but I’m used to seeing way more by this time. Now that you have some experience the next time I’ll bet you have double the roots.

no smells right?

there are 2 other products to consider. One is enzymes and the other is micro radar. I’ll get links for ya when I get to pc. Neither of them is an emergency purchase you really need to read up on what they do. Maybe next grow.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Roots look good but I’m used to seeing way more by this time. Now that you have some experience the next time I’ll bet you have double the roots.

no smells right?

there are 2 other products to consider. One is enzymes and the other is micro radar. I’ll get links for ya when I get to pc. Neither of them is an emergency purchase you really need to read up on what they do. Maybe next grow.
Thanks again no not really I mean the rapid start is kinda smelly like crap but not really I’m not sure what smells good or bad . I thought my roots looked kinda small I’ve only fed it the 300 like u suggested I just did res change today to 600 @5.7 ph

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

no smells right?

Could it also factor my night time temps get into 61 from 81 ?

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Any ideas on what I did wrong lol plant doesn’t look sick ? Very confused what I could change next time should I cut any clones off and try to grow them or will I result in same things

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Any ideas on what I did wrong lol plant doesn’t look sick ? Very confused what I could change next time should I cut any clones off and try to grow them or will I result in same things
You are asking the right questions.

This may come down to genetics in the end. Some strains are kinda prissy and need everything perfect, others grow like, well weed.

You have come a long way in this grow with your gardening skills and experience. I think if you did a do-over today with the same genetics it would be a better plant.

Getting and keeping your environment (temp, rh, CO2, air movement, lighting, water temp, root aeration, etc) in range, and working with nutrients and genetics you will get where you need to be. Almost all of us go through something similar at some point, usually in our first few grows. You will look back on this a couple years from now, and all your current questions will be gone, replaced with a whole new set. It never ends.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

I’m guessing she likes the warmer night time temps of 67-70 and high of 82 with the ppm of 600 it seems to have the girth now I’m waiting on a little more heigh and tops

D131268F A33E 4419 92D0 F03A1EB8EE9E
07BDB015 3D25 411C A5BA E709BE3C693D
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

@Moe.Red lemme know when u think a defoliation is in order please and thank you

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

I’m running a after hours no cool call as we speak lmao 🤣
Geez I'm glad I stopped working HVAC 3 years back it gets aggravating.then trying to fit service calls in between change outs. time management being crap and having to work late bc of service calls or not finishing change out same day bc 1 or 2 people have to take the call.i used to work until 10 sometimes

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nope let that girl put on some mass.

how many nodes do you have now?

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

You are asking the right questions.

This may come down to genetics in the end. Some strains are kinda prissy and need everything perfect, others grow like, well weed.

You have come a long way in this grow with your gardening skills and experience. I think if you did a do-over today with the same genetics it would be a better plant.

Getting and keeping your environment (temp, rh, CO2, air movement, lighting, water temp, root aeration, etc) in range, and working with nutrients and genetics you will get where you need to be. Almost all of us go through something similar at some point, usually in our first few grows. You will look back on this a couple years from now, and all your current questions will be gone, replaced with a whole new set. It never ends.
His questions replaced with answers for new members looking for advice :)

Top Bottom