Surf's multi-room living organic soil fabric pot beds

• Thread starter surfguitar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surfguitar

surfguitar

Little update
thumbsup.gif

400w room is at day 11 flowering now and 1k room has been switched out with the new 1k hood with ushio hps bulb. Most the seeds have popped and I got my pack of tester purple rains that is currently soaking. Gonna finish off the other 400w room this week and if the clones root after there last redo where I utilized bleach and cloning gel I'll probably be getting that room going within 2 weeks or less.
Photo 84

Photo 85
Photo 86
Photo 87

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Surf, do you ever bother paying attention to the moon phases when popping seeds and planting? I always forget to try it. Interesting light fixture ya got there. I see I'm not the only one who does stuff like that (steals lighting from other places to use where I needs it!). :D

surfguitar

surfguitar

haha if the plants need it I'll use whatever, to any extent ;)

I don't pay attention to it but I've been wanting too, my problem tho is I'm just a tad impatient. I wanna do stuff NOW!! hahaha

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You're impatient and I'm forgetful. But we get something grown in the meantime! I'm just wondering if it's too late to try it since the moon is now waning. I think I'll ask kolah.

surfguitar

surfguitar

So the gal in the 5 gal ended up being hermie :doh: I had already suspected her but thought it was from the light leak in my old room, guess it was genetics :( Not too big of a deal got plenty of plants almost rdy to take her place and no shortage of smoke ;) Think I'm gonna replace her with some haze leaning seedlings and possibly some extra clones if they ever root. I finished off my 400w room, just need the damn clones to root. Giving them till the end of the month than that room is gonna be turned into a seed run room hahaha. Enough of my rambling time for some updated pics :)

Photo 100
Photo111
Untitled
Photo113

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is she a Chemdog line, that gal that hermied? That's the only strain that I know hermies that I will absolutely keep, because it always grows out great smoke and makes WEIGHT.

Dooky tray! I have that same fan going right now in my veg-box, too, because my old reliable fan finally died. This one doesn't move air as well as my old one. Fans these days suck compared to when I was a kid.

surfguitar

surfguitar

I hear you on the fan sucking, You can't really see it but I just installed another similar one on the wall to blow at the canopy. Finally have some decent airflow haha.

This gal was a The white S1 pheno from a pack of ograskal seeds, I had already planed to probably cull her after this round because she takes too long to finish and this just moved her up on the chopping block.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The White was a nice girl to grow, but a bitch to get cloned and just picky, overall, compared to other stuff I've grown. In the end (don't hate me!) I felt she wasn't that special to work so hard to keep her around. I like plants I can actually smell (got some sniffer issues after a snake bite), especially anything that smells fruity to me.

I've gotta get a new fan, man!

surfguitar

surfguitar

No hate from me, why you think I got all these seeds with more on the way? ;) Hard to clone? that is a understatement, omg thank you for confirming what I suspected. These fuckers absolutely taunt me with how hard they are to clone, the biggest wrench in my operation right now. The smoke is good but lacks flavor and smell, my brother and dad dick ride that shit tho hahaha. Why you need more seeds we already got a good gal?..... I'm just like whatever you'll see haha

surfguitar

surfguitar

Oh yea might as well mention since I already teased it, I have a pack of cannafornia(alien dawg on icmag) "Lambs Thunder Fucking Bread" testers on the way. Should be a nice cross :)

I think I may actually have a serious problem, I have this inner hunger to pop every seed variety I can get my grubby hands on. I might go broke at the cannabis cup with all those seed vendors there hahahaha and I'm already thinking about ordering some more seeds gonna wait tho.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ha! Yesterday I broke out my seed stocks, I've got to decide what I'm gonna run this year. I HATE being so limited in terms of outdoor numbers (but, jeez, at least I'm able to grow). I've got more seeds than I think I'll ever be able to run, but making a decision??? Oh my God! I want to see what everything I have will do.

surfguitar

surfguitar

It would be so hard for me haha I hate being limited by plant numbers but that's the case unfortunately in our draconian society:rolleyes: It's hard for me to not want to break the rules :shifty:

Mogrow

Mogrow

good thread surfguitar ///looks like we got a couple of ROLS refuges. comfrey and horsetail in a mulch, right freaking on bro. i just did a compost, comfrey, ewc mulch right after flip, i've never seen plants blow up like these.
living soil is the only way too go for me to.

surfguitar

surfguitar

Hell yea mogrow! It's soooo easy and I can't argue with the results, so happy I found this way of growing. It totally vibes with what I'm all about too, not really into wasting all my growing medium and spraying or using harsh chemicals :/

Thanks for joining along man! should get interesting in the next couple weeks :)

surfguitar

surfguitar

So I never thought this would happen but two "sneezy" clones rooted and one "bashful", I think the others are gonna root any day too. I think the recut with added cloning gel was the biggest help, I wasn't getting roots like I'm seeing now when I wasn't using it. I was totally suprised when I actually saw roots hahahaha.

So I finished off the room basically 95%, hung the light, put bug filter in, put layer of lava rocks on floor for aeration for added SIP benefit if I want to use it. Got the soil resting in there now, gave it a test run to see where temps were at, ~80 with my fan at 75% and no circulation fans I'm happy with that
wink.png
I kinda fucked up on my ducting by not making it long enough but it shouldn't matter to much :doh: Just need weather stripping and the fan and I'm all set, maybe another lock too.

Gonna transplant tomorrow most likely, hoping another "bashful" roots by then so I can do 1 of each in the YS mix and CC mix
Photo 2
Photo

I'm so antsy to see the results in the 400w room, gonna be very very interesting in about a month I think ;) When do you guys usually clean the underside of yourplants? I was thinking 3 weeks which is in a couple days
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Surf, I tend to clean up my plants around 10-14 days into flower, the very tail end of stretch. After that I feel there is just too much stress and the recovery time ends up taking away from the final product.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do it a couple of times post-flip, but that's because I usually do sea of green. First, right when they're flipped, then about 2 weeks in, or after they're done stretching. My goal with cuts (I don't think I've ever done a completely from seed run inside through finish) is to get rid of all the hairy crap they tend to grow, the little branchlets? Hate that shit, so I get rid of every one I see.

Top Bottom