Suspecting issues??

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower you see the serrations I was talking about... Was that mag issue correct?

I see them but i think there is too much stress going on to be sure. I always thought that was an early calcium sign. Or difficulty uptaking. But you guys are saying mag.

So i dont know bro. :-)

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I wish you would put these pics when you are asking what to do. If that is before watering and after 7 days she looks wilted. Were the leaves standing out normal the day before? How long were they hanging down like that? Did she ever look happy during the 7 days?

And again a full plant clear pic would be way more helpful than a purple close up.

Got you mimed,next time i have an issue ill make sure i get the full plant. im just going to let this one sit for right now. I do apologize for the lack of information. When i take pictures i do aim to be as informative as possible and i always fail. LOL.

So 7 days ago she just started to wilt, and i saw it happening, im starting to learn some of the subtle signs, i felt the pot and it was SUUUUPERRR airy. (this was 7 days AGO, NOT THE RECENT WATER) (this was like november 19/20. i watered) And i watered her, and she drooped like she was drinking and then came back for about two days. loooking good, then the past two days, i started to notice this recent wilt i am talking about. i let her go the extra day-day and a half, to make sure she was dry, then i noticed about a24 hours ago she was wilting like in that picture you just quoted me on^^^ So i watered her. 24 hours later, shes looking, ehh, happy, some new growth, shes still moving, i see her moving to the LST im doing, but her lower leaves arent so happy. and even the upper leaves arent as perky as they used to be. in the video is the plant about 2 hours ago when i first made this post. so you can see shes kinda getting happier?

[Hopefully that timeline makes sense, i have a pretty severe case of ADHD and trying to organize the event timeline gets iffy for me. hence why im all over the place, and move quick lol, to quick for my own good. ]

I wasnt going to post this vid, and like i said its a little outdated, so what i say in the video may be solved already, but ill show u so u can maybe see what im working with.
Ill warn you right now, i didnt notice the flash was on till after, so of course its a nice over exposed shot lol. i know, less flash next time dont worry.

maybe you guys can give me some advice on the fan positionings. etc.
I ended up moving the big oscillating fan.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I did recently install a security camera that i will be able to make Timelapse videos of my waterings until i get a little better, ill get one next time. So you guy can see how the plants react over the next couple hours after a watering.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

View attachment 914768
anybody seeing any issues?

Tried to use the last picture to show the droop, but itskinda hard to tell with the LST i have going on.
The plant doesnt look normally this dark, it just doesnt seem AS perky as it was, it hasnt beenin the last two days.
Overwatered: ..let's talk about that first

Fill a pot the same size that you're using with the same soil mix / substrate you're using and leave it dry and set it aside;

Then when you think a plant is dry enough to water pick them both up and when they feel about the same weight that's when you water, but not before!

This is the fastest way to learn a proper wet / dry watering cycle.

(Tip: I knock some dirt out of the bottom drain hole and if it's still wet enough to push together into a little clump I don't water, only when it's powder dry)

.. now let's talk about that thin Twisted New Growth?? Talk about your medium and the pH you are using?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
good idea, keeping a dry medium on the side to compare too. never thought about that. like having it right next to me. I ph between 6.5-6.8. i have a ph pen but im to dumb to calibrate it. i mean i can probably get it, ill just have to actually sit down and focus on directions. So i use the ph dye or whatever. In FFOF. :b i was wondering why it was twisted and thin.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

good idea, keeping a dry medium on the side to compare too. never thought about that. like having it right next to me. I ph between 6.5-6.8. i have a ph pen but im to dumb to calibrate it. i mean i can probably get it, ill just have to actually sit down and focus on directions. So i use the ph dye or whatever. In FFOF. :b i was wondering why it was twisted and thin.
Imo ffof likes a steady 6.5, if you get your meter situation squared away run 2x the normal volume of plain pH'ed water through and post your runoff pH and PPM to give us a better idea what's going on at the roots, good luck!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Looks a bit over fed Maybe low humidty , high temps or both? I remember @Smoking Gun and @MIMedGrower talking about those leaf edges a couple weeks ago... Maybe they can re educate me on that... I seem to have forgotten... Possibly mag?
These are some of the same symptoms I’m fighting now, plants are still thriving just not optimal! I lean towards heat /light stress. And magnesium. I reduced heat it helped I raised the light an inch it helped! And I’ve feed mg and it helped . I don’t have my finger on the exact cause but could be all 3 !

I missed that conversation of at the very least was buzzed and don’t remember but I’m
@MIMedGrower @ smoking gun can you point me towards your convo? Would love to read it!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Studied VPD hardcore from your post, got the calculations, 60% is even a little low for RH at 75. But it make me nervous with molds going over 60. i think it said i was at like 1.1 KPA and that was the highest i could go or something, still new to that, so i dont know if that could have anything to do with whats going on, one second this video i think will kind of explain some things.

Me too but helps!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Lights ON 9PM: I ramp temps up to 76.
Humidity goes to 60%.
Lights go off at 3pm: I turn on dehumidifier, and drop humidity to 50. to avoid the spike. Drop the temps to 70. Sometimes it will hit 68. SOMETIMES.

I notice when I drop below 70 some auto strains start to turn colors

Moshmen

Moshmen

Got you aqua one second on the whole plant pic - doing this as we go.
video is processing, taking forever.
Plant age: i mean, i know it doesnt look it, but probably roughly a month and a half? i didnt keep track, i know, noob error, i learned from it. but its probably ALMOST two months, it was stunted from all the overwatering and everything in the beginning that you helped me with aqua (im sure you remember that shenanigans) so hes probably smaller than he should be. Gunna grab some good pics now. ill grab the good camera. Got you guys on it being overfed. must just be from the hot soil. i swear i havent even opened my bottle of FloraNova i plan to use yet! so i havent fed it! LOL.

I had hot soil on my first run . I’ve used it 3 times and it’s still full of nutrients . I’ve found that the autos do t need much at all! Not sayin you won’t have to feed but don’t worry cuz your not !

Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 914797
this is what it looked like before watering, 7 days after last watering, pot felt air light. like nothing was in there. Moisture meter didnt move, and i couldnt even push it into the rock hard soil.

This is so hard lmfaooooooo

I know the feeling it just seems hard! Really I feel like all these master growers giggle at us when we freak out cuz our babies don’t look perfect!
It is a resilient plant ! And I feel like we make it hard ! I have had so much better results since I haven’t trying so hard !
Full circle to that LESS is MORE statement!
And luckily we have all these great cats to help us !

707finisher

707finisher

Temp and humidity are important but I’ve seen the plant growing in 100 degree weather and drop to the 40s at night outside, they were super healthy. The dosido seeds I planted popped outside with temps in the 40s and 50s. Idk I’m no expert, my tent can swing temps a lot, 55-90! The humidity I try to keep as low as possible, usually low 40s, but the watering seems like the most critical. Not over watering and timing it right. Seems like somethings going on in the dirt though to me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

These are some of the same symptoms I’m fighting now, plants are still thriving just not optimal! I lean towards heat /light stress. And magnesium. I reduced heat it helped I raised the light an inch it helped! And I’ve feed mg and it helped . I don’t have my finger on the exact cause but could be all 3 !

I missed that conversation of at the very least was buzzed and don’t remember but I’m
@MIMedGrower @ smoking gun can you point me towards your convo? Would love to read it!

There was no convo. It was just mentioned. And i still think its calcium. Mag shows at the bottom of he plant. Old growth because its mobile nutrient.

And of course less light and heat will reduce any symptom as it reduces photosynthesis.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Temp and humidity are important but I’ve seen the plant growing in 100 degree weather and drop to the 40s at night outside, they were super healthy. The dosido seeds I planted popped outside with temps in the 40s and 50s. Idk I’m no expert, my tent can swing temps a lot, 55-90! The humidity I try to keep as low as possible, usually low 40s, but the watering seems like the most critical. Not over watering and timing it right. Seems like somethings going on in the dirt though to me.

The difference is that's outdoors it's not a constant environment like indoors. Plants have the ability to cope with short periods of unfavorable conditions. But extended periods of time they cannot. Eg the sun is over 100,000 lux at peak during the day .. you do that to a plant for 18hrs and you will cook it.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After all this and seeing the video it looks like @MIMedGrower was right it could handle some light feeding... But not until it dries out. I also feel it was overwatered when you watered it 2 times frequently. Again over watering is not to much water but watering to often. So I think that's where we see the either cal or mag in the top leaves being spikey. The bottom leaves I believe are drooping and edges sagging due to high root pressure and a low VPD. Hi root pressures will force water into the plant and affect lower growth first from what I have seen.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think that fan is to strong also.... And your plants are mature just so you know you can tell by the alternating nodes

Latest posts

Top Bottom