Suspecting issues??

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
okay, read through everything (just waking up) and ive come to the conclusion, @Beachwalker Im having PH Issues, so that means i need to lower ph to 6.5 and water it double correct? @Aqua Man if you think the fan is to strong, i kind of agree too. Thats why i wanted to post the video so you guys can kinda see whats going on the tent. I just turned er off for a bit :D

And then next time i go to pot, i need to add more perlite. Which makes sense. I added some, but its clearly not enough, i see when i water how the perlite does help.
and then last but not least, with all the issues of overwatering im giving it a deficiency now. either cal or mag.

So the check list:
Fix PH.
Fan off.
Dont Overewater.
Fix Cal-Mag issue????? = feed?

And im going to be running temps at 80/55% RH until.. well i guess for the rest of veg on this girl?

I think that fan is to strong also.... And your plants are mature just so you know you can tell by the alternating nodes

So Aqua what are you saying? Are you saying its time to set up the flower tent and get that bitch rolling on 12/12 soon? Maybe after fixing the issues?

this is stressful, but im optimistic. Im slowly getting there.... ugh what a fucking learning curve. 😔😔😔

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

okay, read through everything (just waking up) and ive come to the conclusion, @Beachwalker Im having PH Issues, so that means i need to lower ph to 6.5 and water it double correct? @Aqua Man if you think the fan is to strong, i kind of agree too. Thats why i wanted to post the video so you guys can kinda see whats going on the tent. I just turned er off for a bit :D

And then next time i go to pot, i need to add more perlite. Which makes sense. I added some, but its clearly not enough, i see when i water how the perlite does help.
and then last but not least, with all the issues of overwatering im giving it a deficiency now. either cal or mag.

So the check list:
Fix PH.
Fan off.
Dont Overewater.

And im going to be running temps at 80/55% RH until.. well i guess for the rest of veg on this girl?

So Aqua what are you saying? Are you saying its time to set up the flower tent and get that bitch rolling on 12/12 soon? Maybe after fixing the issues?

this is stressful, but im optimistic. Im slowly getting there.... ugh what a fucking learning curve. 😔😔😔
You can veg as long as you like but yes it's ready to fill to flower whenever you are.

The increase in VPD should help increase uptake of nutrients and as @MIMedGrower said you want to start some light feeding.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
You can veg as long as you like but yes it's ready to fill to flower whenever you are.

The increase in VPD should help increase uptake of nutrients and as @MIMedGrower said you want to start some light feeding.

the Mars hydro 2x4x6 gets here sometime next week, probably like monday. Ill throw her in there then on 12/12. Flowering as soon as possible. The longer shes alive.. well.... the more chance i have to kill her and get pissed. so i gotta get her flowered and over with.
LMAOOOOOO.

i cant wait till i can just drop a seed and have it grow like everyone else hahahaha, im gunna get this. idc. im going to.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the Mars hydro 2x4x6 gets here sometime next week, probably like monday. Ill throw her in there then on 12/12. Flowering as soon as possible. The longer shes alive.. well.... the more chance i have to kill her and get pissed. so i gotta get her flowered and over with.
LMAOOOOOO.

i cant wait till i can just drop a seed and have it grow like everyone else hahahaha, im gunna get this. idc. im going to.
You will next time will be easier

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I feel like this plant wouldnt have/be so stressful if i started her out better, issues from the get go didnt help.
Preventing issues makes such a difference. If you get an impulse to do something chances are good don't do it.. take some time to think about it... Then when you know it's the right thing act on it. So many times people see a tiny issue and act on it creating a bigger issue. Small changes... One at a time. Usually has the best results

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So its about 4 hours till lights off, and i noticed shes started drooping? Going to keep letting her sit, usually she bounces back. Just another unusual sign. Just wondering if this random period of droop is the plant showing soil issues?? Ill let lights out and check her out when they come back on. see if any improvements.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So its about 4 hours till lights off, and i noticed shes started drooping? Going to keep letting her sit, usually she bounces back. Just another unusual sign. Just wondering if this random period of droop is the plant showing soil issues?? Ill let lights out and check her out when they come back on. see if any improvements.
This is common in high light... Near the end of the light cycle they start going into photorespiration can be a sign of low CO2 or more likely getting closer to light saturation. I'm not going to get to much into it but how far is your light from the plants. Light intensity, high temps, CO2 some others can influence this. Some have found running light cycles of 5on 1 off and others get around this.

Anyhow it's to much to even think of learning I think your lights just may be to close.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
so my phone was on 1% thats why i shot this quick up close shot. im gunna let the lights go off, and come on and then ill pull er out of the tent and let you guys she a nice full plant shot. i just shot this one quick but this is the droopage 3 hours before lights out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so my phone was on 1% thats why i shot this quick up close shot. im gunna let the lights go off, and come on and then ill pull er out of the tent and let you guys she a nice full plant shot. i just shot this one quick but this is the droopage 3 hours before lights out.

View attachment 914964

Here are a bunch of time lapse videos of healthy plants through the whole cycle.

Leaves move all the time but still look happy when healthy.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hate to say it, but those random small spots look like maybe mite damage (to me, IMHO). Just the initial stuff you see before they really get going. I'd get some magnification on this to look fer critters. You need relatively high power magnification to see the individuals. The individual specks really pop in the photos, to my eyes.

I'd add that this is the time to act, if I'm correct. You can treat with neem now, and reset the env to some degree. You have to solve for it during vegatation, hopefully early. Using neem after flowering starts just yields a dumpster fire to put out and terminating the run.
^ Op have you inspected for bugs yet?

I saw where you said you think it's spots from your humidifier

but is it possible it may also be bugs? I would check to confirm or eliminate the possibility

Because certain mites can also cause thin twisty new growth

Moshmen

Moshmen

So the check list:
Fix PH.
Fan off.
Dont Overewater.

Gotta luv the optimism but this should be relaxing ! So take it easy the ladies look good ! Ur on top of it !

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
^ Op have you inspected for bugs yet?

I saw where you said you think it's spots from your humidifier

but is it possible it may also be bugs? I would check to confirm or eliminate the possibility

Because certain mites can also cause thin twisty new growth
Ive thuroughly checked over the plants multiple times and continue to find nothing. Where am i supposed to be looking? i used a 65x times scope and check the under leaves, the main stem of the leaves, i check for webbing between nodes, i check the tops of the leaves. I believe humidifer dust as other things in my tent get the residue, it builds up on my tent walls. i clean my tent weekly.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
1 hour after lights on

3 hours till lights off:
i noticed my plant is starting to droop already, going into the night cycle drooping HARDCORE, only at night?? more than the normal "lights out" drooping that occurs, im talking a sickly droop. Why is this happening at night?

Happy Danksgiving yall :D

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I know they droop at night, and i dont have any pictures/videos of the how bad the night droopage is yet, but i will post them tonight when it happens. but like i said I KNOW PLANTS DROOP AT NIGHT so please dont just say "plants droop at night" because this amount of droop, even 3 hours before lights off is not normal, or like, its not how the plants been normally acting. The leaves will literally look like they are clothes hanging off a clothesline at night. i dont understand this, or where to go. this is kinda of frustrating. ive gotten so far with her lol.

It is still growing, the plant is showing new growth, and i notice it responding to my LST. Could this all be caused by a PH issue?
Would it be a stupid dumb new grower move to transplant into maybe even the same size container, but maybe pop er out of the soil and see whats going on with the roots? Do i just let her dry and see if that fixes maybe the possible issues going on in the roots?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom