Tahoe OG 250 watt HPS

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Hello farmers, ill be starting up my 2nd grow while my crazy miss hyde finishes up and will be popping 2 Fem CC Tahoe OG in FF Light Warrior soil in my 4x3 closet and vegging under about 175 watts of cfls for about 3 weeks from seed then flowering under a 250 watt HPS. Ill be using botonicare pure blend pro grow for veg and bio bizz bio bloom and liquid koolbloom for flower. Ive seen mixed reviews about their beans esp the Tahoe so im anxious to see what i have in these beans here. I soaked 2 seeds in water and 9 hours later they sank so i popped them into papers towels, between 2 paper plates and in a big ziplock left unzipped. I got extremely fast germ rates by putting a metal sign i had laying around on top of a radiater and put the germing beans on it and 10 hours later they popped, gonna wait a few hours till tails get a bit longer to pop em into 16oz cups. Any advice or input of any kind is encouraged! Thanks for stopping by and happy farming to all y'all.:D

catdaddy

catdaddy

your last grow look nothing short of success, so if i was to pass any advise it would be to take what you applied from the last one and slowly add certain things here and there until you feel comfortable enough to start applying the advance techniques.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

your last grow look nothing short of success, so if i was to pass any advise it would be to take what you applied from the last one and slowly add certain things here and there until you feel comfortable enough to start applying the advance techniques.

Thats exactly what i plan on doing, would like to have a legit room and do a scrog and all that but just dont have the funds and the privacy to do so...someday:(

catdaddy

catdaddy

it will come, but until that day, i would suggest mastering the basics before anything.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here they are popping up, probably not worth posting up pics but took them anyway. so far Tahoe #2 has a slight headstart.
2s

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here they are at 2 weeks from seed, I might start flower at week 4 due to time constraints. repotted into 3 gallon "smart pots". Also i should add that i fimmed both plants yesterday, not an expert at it so i guess well see what happens with that.

I need to have these done drying by may 16th with is 14 weeks from today, do you guys think that is possible? i know the tahoe is a 10 week strain and not sure when these girls will actually start to kick into flower once i switch the lights

Tahoe #1
Ive been getting a droop from her lately and to me it looks like over watering but it started doing it on the 3rd day of no water then watered the next day and has been like this for the past 2 or 3 days since. When i transplanted the roots were wrapped a bit around the bottom so maybe it was just getting cramped, which is weird because Tahoe 2 is ahead in leaf sets and had less roots at the bottom.
1a

Tahoe #2
tahoe 2 looks pretty good to me some of the stems are purpling up as well as the underneath of the leaves where tahoe 1 has basically no purple on any of the stems

2a

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 23 from seed

Just got my 400 watt dimmable ballast, hood and ultra sun 250watt hps lamp in.

Switched to 12/12 two days ago when they were exactly 3 weeks from seed. Turns out i missed the fim on each plant, one i cut too low and ended up topping it and the other i cut too high and just ended up with trimmed leaves. Here are some pics after a light feed.

This is as high as my temps have been getting so far with the bulb about 7" from the plant. Outdoor temp sensor is about 1" above the canopy.

Temp

Tahoe #1
This is the one i cut too high on the fim and decided to start and lst her instead. Seems to be the lighter feeder because leaves look much healthier and are darker than than tahoe 2 which is showing a little more def.'s.

Tahoe #2
Seems to be the heavier feeder

Group

Close up

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here is a better shot of both and some pics of the solis tek ballast which is great so far. I know its low wattage but there is zero sound and is warm to the touch at most. Tahoe 2 is the stinkier one at this point, i get a funky skunky og stink from her when i give her a stem rub and dont get much of anything from tahoe 1. But tahoe 2 seems to be the more vigorous grower so far, it has much more development on side branching and secondary branches so far.

Tahoe 2 on the top in the picture.

Bal
Bal2
IMG 0046

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 27 from seed. Day 6 from 12/12
Not a single hair yet, wasn't really expecting one quite yet. Not much smell yet although I do get quite a nice stink when I open up the door in the morning right when lights come on. Temps are around 50 lights off and 77-82 with lights on.
Tahoe 1 really does not want to branch out. Side branch growth is very low on this one. On Tahoe 2 the canopy has evened out with the 4 tops

Top Bottom