Taking Cannabis To The Extreme Lets See What She's Got!!!

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya the nail in the stalk is an old school trick... once you have about a 5 footer you can shove a screw driver through the trunk about half way down and leave it for a week then pull it out and the plant will blow up... no nutes needed
Hey bro have you ever tried propagating with the layering technique. It is pretty cool as well. Different topic but wanted to throw it out there. It actually works rather well . Just not as efficient as cloning and sort of a PITA but it does work. Cannabis as well as all plant life are amazing.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey bro have you ever tried propagating with the layering technique. It is pretty cool as well. Different topic but wanted to throw it out there. It actually works rather well . Just not as efficient as cloning and sort of a PITA but it does work. Cannabis as well as all plant life are amazing.
Yes and it works well but im pretty good with cloning and you can transfer that branch in a separate pot and cut it from the donor when its rooted and then the clone is portable. There was a japanese kush that was lost last year only because the guy wanted it 2 weeks before harvest. I was like.. ummm should have told me about a month earlier bud.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@GT21 -- you're literally whacking the ladies' mains?

I'm trying to get my Turkish brown figs propagated using the layering method. Not sure how well it's gonna work, my neighbor may end up with a couple of trees.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sup Farmers, Hey all it came to my attention that I have a new neighbor moving in right next door. His yard borders my fence line that my planter bed sits against.

Damn near shit myself when I got home to see a AZ DPS car sitting in the driveway. Not mine his. For those that dont know DPS is our State Poopers. Seems he was looking around getting ready to take possession of the property.

Needless to say after having a panic attack I waited for him to leave and dug all the plants up put them in 4 gallon shoes and brought them inside. They are going to have to finish their life in my indoor flower room. :(

So for the rest of this thread I will be posting updates from inside. I guess the spirit of the experiment went well as they all made it and I can see it is doable even here in a brutal desert environment.

My only concern is I hope I didn't damage the root balls too much in my panic in getting them pulled up and into the planter pots. I will wait a few days to make sure they make it and will post up some current pics.
Frikkn cactus was a jumpin for sure. Hopefully he wont be a nosy type and just mind his own biz and leave me the hell alone.

Looks like I need to get my scrubber and carbon filter back online cause I'm gonna be one nervous Cactus having the law living right next door. All should be ok as I have grown in some pretty hairy places and as long as I keep security tight and do all the protocol I have learned over the years all should be well.

thats all for now guys n gals :smoking:

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Sup Farmers, Hey all it came to my attention that I have a new neighbor moving in right next door. His yard borders my fence line that my planter bed sits against.

Damn near shit myself when I got home to see a AZ DPS car sitting in the driveway. Not mine his. For those that dont know DPS is our State Poopers. Seems he was looking around getting ready to take possession of the property.

Needless to say after having a panic attack I waited for him to leave and dug all the plants up put them in 4 gallon shoes and brought them inside. They are going to have to finish their life in my indoor flower room. :(

So for the rest of this thread I will be posting updates from inside. I guess the spirit of the experiment went well as they all made it and I can see it is doable even here in a brutal desert environment.

My only concern is I hope I didn't damage the root balls too much in my panic in getting them pulled up and into the planter pots. I will wait a few days to make sure they make it and will post up some current pics.
Frikkn cactus was a jumpin for sure. Hopefully he wont be a nosy type and just mind his own biz and leave me the hell alone.

Looks like I need to get my scrubber and carbon filter back online cause I'm gonna be one nervous Cactus having the law living right next door. All should be ok as I have grown in some pretty hairy places and as long as I keep security tight and do all the protocol I have learned over the years all should be well.

thats all for now guys n gals :smoking:
Hahaha damn thats nuts... its amazing what we do when we think were in trouble hahaha

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
So have been working on my raised bed for some time actually 2 years now to get the herd and humus and all of the other goodies ready for an outdoor run. Strains that I am playing with for this experiment are

"Cornbread Bubba" by @Nspecta of CSI
" Jack Herer" From a dear friend absolute fire pheno
" Sour Larry Pebbles" courtesy of my family in WA state
" RBS which is some mystery bag seed my son sent me from PA

the reason I call this an experiment is, well cause it is. I have been hamstringed into thinking you could not grow good cannabis in a arid desert enviro and have always had to do outdoor grows in AZ up in the north country where the temps and enviro are more suitable for the parameters we are told we need to maintain to have superior cannabis. I am attempting to dispell all the myths that to have excellent herb it has to be done indoors and pampered.

If all goes well I will be able to start growing outdoors without the long treks up north and do so locally here in the brutal AZ desert. So far all looks like it just may work.

The beans were planted on Aug 3 they crowned the soil on 8/5 2 days all 10 beanz popped planted directly in soil outside. The temps the day they broke ground were a 98 d F humidity that day was around 20%

The following day which would be day 2 of breaking soil on 8/6 temps hit a blistering 106 however the monsoon had moved in and Rh was double at 45% . So far so good.

Day 3 the 7th temps 109
Day 4 the 8th temps 110
Today the 9th day 5 temps 97

Projected temps for the balance of August will run from highs 90's to 105, 106 110

For anyone that has ever lived here you know that the plants will be in for a hell of a ride as temps dont drop below triple digits until mid Oct.

Right now they are in solo cups as evidenced by the pics I will post at the end of the thread. The only precaution I have taken during the initial germination and sprouting is I put all the solo cups in tubs and have kept about a 1/2 " of ph adjusted water so the starts can draw water from the bottom keeping the soil wet/moist up thru the top of the soil column. I will plant them in their home in another couple of days and will use some supplemental lighting to keep them in veg for approx 6 weeks at which time I will stop the supp lights and allow the plants to begin flowering as the day length will be just about right at this time. The length of day currently is 13 hrs 33 min by the time another 6 weeks gets by us the photo-period will initiate flowering.

Some may ask why are you doing this and the answer is simple. Cost savings due to the extreme cooling bills I have in summer and I have been shutting down my grows during the summers here due to that fact. Also I think we have all been told so many times that we need to keep perfect temps, RH and all sorts of other parameters to grow quality cannabis and I am not convinced this is always true. So I am taking our beloved plant to the extreme to see the results. I hope some of you will join my on my journey as this could be a game changer for me and possibly others as well.

Here are the pics. The tub with 4 in it are the Cornbread and the tub with 6 are the 2 bagseed from my boy the 2 JH and the 2 Sour Larry Pebbles from WA. From what I am seeing this very well could be a success. But I have a lot more extreme temps and pests that may very well be my undoing. Proof of the pudding will be come harvest I guess. Thanks for checking this Cannabis Ironwoman event!!!

@rmoltis wanted to follow along so heres a shout out as he was the bagseed donor and wanted me to post up in his bagseed thread and thought I would do a separate thread and not clutter up his. All you gotta do @rmoltis is set your user panel to watch this thread and you will get an alert when I do updates.

Plants look pretty healthy considering what they are enduring. please send me good grow karma and positive energy thruout this endeavor. Will keep a journal as it goes.

View attachment 624134 View attachment 624135 View attachment 624136 View attachment 624137 View attachment 624138

Is your jack herer pheno super racey like speed?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hahaha damn thats nuts... its amazing what we do when we think were in trouble hahaha
Way I figure it better safe than sorry. Damn state here once they finally opened dipso's took our personal grow rights away so I am still in hostile territory. With priors for cultivation I opted to not take the chance. Specially with them stinking in flower it would be a dead give away as his back door is adjacent to my planter area.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What has been your typical yeild per plant in the desert heat and lack of Rh???

I know yeild can vary, give me an avg.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Really sorry to read this, @jumpincactus ! I'm glad you didn't find worse trouble though.

@GT21 what's that white material around the plant in that one pic? It appears to be plastic, but it also appears to be rigid as though it might be wind resistant. I've finally got the new pond set up, next step will be building a GH around it.

Top Bottom