TC2's Main Thread / Garden Updates

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Nug/resin tour.

The trichomes are looking about 5% clear 80% milky and 15% amber.

You’ve heard my opinion/guesses on how time is left, whats are your opinions on when these top nugs should come down?

@Aqua Man @One drop @Milson @Frankster

As always please excuse the white dots on the leaves, its from the ash.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nug/resin tour.

The trichomes are looking about 5% clear 80% milky and 15% amber.

You’ve heard my opinion/guesses on how time is left, whats are your opinions on when these top nugs should come down?

@Aqua Man @One drop @Milson @Frankster

As always please excuse the white dots on the leaves, its from the ash.
Yup couple looking pretty close but aome look like still a bit to go. Looking great.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Presses have a huge range of prices, but the one I am looking at is about $430. The leaf blower was $270, because they were out of the cheaper 20 volt model.

I am mainly getting the press because I am too lazy to trim all of that weed.

Yea, I was looking at one also. What's the deal you want heat and pressure correct? I would imagine the more expensive ones beyond that are likely size, and doing more product at once?

This is the one I"m looking at:

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Yea, I was looking at one also. What's the deal you want heat and pressure correct? I would imagine the more expensive ones beyond that are likely size, and doing more product at once?

This is the one I"m looking at:

Nice, I was looking at some units like that at first, but I decided I wanted a bit more pressure and a bit larger plates, because I am planning to press the majority of my harvest.

This is the one I am leaning towards
6 Ton Bottle Jack Heat Press Machine with Dual 3x5 Inch Heated Plates
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KQ3QB9N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_v--zFbBK3JZ2E

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
See the little P. persimilis crawling around in there? If he doesn't shake out, I'll smoke his ass too. LOL 😁

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nice, I was looking at some units like that at first, but I decided I wanted a bit more pressure and a bit larger plates, because I am planning to press the majority of my harvest.

This is the one I am leaning towards
6 Ton Bottle Jack Heat Press Machine with Dual 3x5 Inch Heated Plates https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KQ3QB9N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_v--zFbBK3JZ2E
hmm, 1 ton is 2000 psi? So that would make the one I"m looking at (5000 psi) into only 2 1/2 tons, vs the 6 tons (12,000 psi) your looking at? Does that sound correct?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

hmm, 1 ton is 2000 psi? So that would make the one I"m looking at (5000 psi) into only 2 1/2 tons, vs the 6 tons (12,000 psi) your looking at? Does that sound correct?

Yeah, As I understand (from youtube) that 3.5 ton difference translates into % yield at the same temp. And you don’t want to go higher on the temp or you will damage the product. And that going much higher than 6 tons will just cause blowouts.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Cool, Thanks! Definitely going to do a stagger harvest, some that I didn’t show seem even farther away.
Yeah, As I understand (from youtube) that 3.5 ton difference translates into % yield at the same temp. And you don’t want to go higher on the temp or you will damage the product. And that going much higher than 6 tons will just cause blowouts.
Yea, I seen that the cheap ones get hotter, I want to avoid that, but if I'm going to spend the money, I want the right thing. So do you know how much %, is it significant to change overall yield by a substantial margin? I don't mind the small work, but I do want optimum yields, especially if it's an extra hundred or two hundred dollars only in price difference.

Sounds like I need to do some more reading on the subject. With me making a move for outside, and the things I have planned, this will be a good fallback for concentrating things. I like the idea of no solvents, and no price. (of supplies) Just pay for equipment up front, and squeeze the shit out of them buds. Gimmie every drop pwease.

I can do things like rosemary, lavender, peppermint, spearmint, anise if I want. Even create my own organic mite treatments.

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

So do you know how much %, is it significant to change overall yield by a substantial margin?

I don’t think you their is an exact percent, but in my understanding the difference in yield can be significant. Again, thats mostly from youtube.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I think pressing rosin is one of those artisanal things where each step's execution is critical and two people with competence, the same equipment, and the same plant material will still get different outcomes based on skill and execution.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Getting closer...
A48BB2AD AFA8 4368 B450 5BC2F9D6749E

And I am ready
9AD08FDE 2274 4EC1 80F8 5D0B8073D7A2

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Went back in my pics to verify my memory of her starting transition around July 15th, and I found this pic of a praying mantis I found on her at the beginning of transition

784E3132 BDDC 4578 B102 54A9B4C713AB
Top Bottom