Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEDNewbie

I have a brand new fogger that I havent used. I will make some tea this weeknd, and fire it through the fogger on to a slide and scope it to see if everything is dead.
Hey cap, you get a chance last weekend to do the fogger test to see if anything lived after spraying with it?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap, you get a chance last weekend to do the fogger test to see if anything lived after spraying with it?

No not yet. I've been crazy busy and this weekend I won't be able to do any experiments either. Hopefully during the week next week I can get to it.

L

LEDNewbie

ok guys. this is my second time brewing tea and my first time ive checked the EC of the tea. i stick my Blue Lab Truncheon into the 4 gallons of tea brewing and to my surprise i get an EC reading of 2.6!!!!! 1850 ppm!!!!! Is this normal? 4 gallons of water, 4 tablespoons of foliar and root pack, 1 1/4 cups of EWC, 1 1/4 cups of of alfalfa meal and 4 tablespoons of maxicrop seaweed kelp. sounds awfully high to me! let me know what you guys think. was planning on pouring this tea into another 20 gallons of water so thinking i should be ok this time but for the times i wanna do straight tea i would think this would burn the shit out of the plants!?!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

ok guys. this is my second time brewing tea and my first time ive checked the EC of the tea. i stick my Blue Lab Truncheon into the 4 gallons of tea brewing and to my surprise i get an EC reading of 2.6!!!!! 1850 ppm!!!!! Is this normal? 4 gallons of water, 4 tablespoons of foliar and root pack, 1 1/4 cups of EWC, 1 1/4 cups of of alfalfa meal and 4 tablespoons of maxicrop seaweed kelp. sounds awfully high to me! let me know what you guys think. was planning on pouring this tea into another 20 gallons of water so thinking i should be ok this time but for the times i wanna do straight tea i would think this would burn the shit out of the plants!?!
The EC or PPM of your tea is irrelevant... You can feed straight concentrate without hurting a thing

L

LEDNewbie

seriously???? so a high EC with a tea isnt the same as a high EC with salt based nutes?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Got my first combover today. 12 hours in and 2 gallons of tea were overflowing out of a 5 gallon bucket....my phone is on it's last leg otherwise I would have taken pics.

L

LEDNewbie

i hope your right bud :oops: i put 4 gallons of the tea in with 20 gallons of nutrients. i then foliar feed plants at full strength. guess i shall if they burn or not?:p

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

The PPM does seem high.. My teas come out at about 300ppm-400ppm .5 conversion... You should be fine if you mix it with water.... Personally i wouldn't give my girls tea that high in PPMs.. The only time i had teas near 1000ppm was when I used way too much compost/EWC and Molasses....

Edit: I just noticed your mixing nutrients and teas together... Its best to leave your teas alone and not add anything, besides water if needed.. Give nutrients on a different day....

samino

samino

Just curious CAP! Looking at recipe:
1) Add 4 gallons non-chlorinated water a 5 gallon bucket.

2) Add 50 - 100 ml of liquid carboload, sweet raw, hibrix, regular black strap molasses, or any other liquid carb product of your choice.

3) pH solution to 6.5-7.0

3) Fill a stocking with a couple handfuls of earth worm castings. Tie this off and let it float in the solution like a tea bag.

4) Add 1 tablespoon per gallon of each the root and foliar packs.

4) Bubble with an air stone and air pump for 24 hours.

5)Unplug air. Strain again with a cheesecloth, or let settle and take off the top.

5) Dilute 1-2 cups per 10 gallons and add to the reservoir, or use as an individual drench. This works GREAT in a turbo or easy cloner, or even on your cuttings in a dome.

At number three when using worm castings, could it safely be replaced with Fox farm Ocean Forest? Just curious!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

At number three when using worm castings, could it safely be replaced with Fox farm Ocean Forest? Just curious!

no, that's an amended soil, earthworm castings are earthworm castings. Humic soil works AWESOME, though!

and also - IDK if it makes a difference b/c it's just brewin tea, but I put about a tsp. per gallon in my tea (5-7 grams) of root and foliar instead of a tablespoon. brew anywhere from 12-48 hours!

K

kushsmoker30

Thanks for the reply
I think I will just keep brewing like Im brewing plants havent been this happy for a long time. 2 of the mothers are recovered russet mite victims and are now finally loving life.
Heres what Im doing if ya dont mind critiquing my tea

2 gallons ro water
1/2 cup ewc
1/2 cup Alaskan humus soil
1/2 alfalfa meal
2 tbls root
2 tbls foliar
50 ml hibrix or molasses
Brew at 78-80f for 18 to 24 hrs

Thanks

PS I have a entire bottle of orca can I dump that in the tea at the end of brew just to use the stuff up???

And thanks again

BG

i just picked up some alfalfa meal n insect frass.

what is the purpose of the alfalfa meal? what's it do, i know it's good for plants n i think it even has a hormone in it the helps plants bud but any more info will help.

also any info on the insect frass, i know outwest had put info out bout it on this thread but can't find it (i'll use the search feature). i still would like to know more bout it from people that have been using it 4 a while or people that used it n discontinued use for some reason. Thanks

K

kushsmoker30

hey cap bout time 4 a refill again, be hitting u on that soon.

i would like to know whats ur current tea recipe these days, have u change anything maybe added something?

up to this point my teas have consisted of caps root n foliar a lil root blooms, worm castings, molasses, fish mix sometimes sea green n now days a lil H16 prime.

sometimes i use molasses but no fish mix while other times it's the other way around, i would like to take this tea thing to the next step n maybe add a few things for the better.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey cap bout time 4 a refill again, be hitting u on that soon.

i would like to know whats ur current tea recipe these days, have u change anything maybe added something?

up to this point my teas have consisted of caps root n foliar a lil root blooms, worm castings, molasses, fish mix sometimes sea green n now days a lil H16 prime.

sometimes i use molasses but no fish mix while other times it's the other way around, i would like to take this tea thing to the next step n maybe add a few things for the better.

My current recipe that I have been playing with the past couple weeks:

In a 5 gallon bucket I fill it with about 4 gallons of non chlorinated water. I bubble this, usually overnight.

Then I add the unsulphured black strap molasses. I get a jar of this from the grocery store. It's about 4 bucks and lasts me around a month. I pour it in to a large size carls jr. cup with warm water and mix it up, then I dump that in the bucket.

At this time, I add the bennies. I put 1/3 cup of each the foliar and the root pack. I mix this up really well with my hand inside the bucket, breaking it all up.

Then, I take a solo cup full of worm castings and throw that in. no more stocking... I strain when it is done now instead by wrapping a stocking over the top of a 1 gallon pitcher and pouring it in from the bucket.

After I add the castings, I add a cup full of alfalfa meal.

Next, I throw in a couple handfuls of pyganic clay. Salmonslammer dropped the knowledge on this stuff a few days ago. I mix this all up with my hand or with a piece of pvc.

Finally, I top it off with 1/2 cup of alg-a-mic by biobizz.

I brew this for no more than 24 hours.

Once it's done, I will put a little seagreen in there, and mix it up really well again.

I add this @ 1 cup per 5 gallon to my MPB, and I use the concentrated tea to water the net pots from the top (filled with chow mix). Just enough to saturate. 2 or 3 cups per 10" net pot.

Then I add it to all my coco plants by dumping like 1/3 gallon on each plant. I don't worry about straining with the coco plants, I actually dump it all on them as well after I mix it up really well first.

I also use 1/4 gallon mixed with 1/4 gallon of water to foliar everything at this time. I do this with the lights on (not recommended).

L

LEDNewbie

how much is a "little" sea green cap?

next, why exsctky do you foliar spray during lights on? and why do you not recommend it? thanks.....:)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
how much is a "little" sea green cap?

next, why exsctky do you foliar spray during lights on? and why do you not recommend it? thanks.....:)

5-10 mL

I spray with lights on because I did it and did not burn my plants. I don't recommend it because I do not want to be blamed for anything.

L

LEDNewbie

i hear ya. your not the first person ive heard from thats says spraying during lights on doesnt burn the plants.... i just may have to try spraying one plant with the lights on.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I been spraying plants with lights on since I started growing. I figure we get sun showers in nature all the time

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

spraying tea should be ok, you "burn" your plants by spraying with the lights on when you spray salts on your leaves. If your water is evaporating faster than salts are being absorbed then the water on the leaves is slowly getting more concentrated until it fries the leaves wherever droplets form.

even still, you'll always notice better results foliar feeding in high humidity with lights out. I usually turn off the lights, water in the dark, and foliar spray right after. lights on two hours later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom