Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEDNewbie

cap i got some issues been battling broad mites since my last grow which was a soil grow. decided to do coco this round. had some ppp seedlings i had popped from the last round. should have just thrown them out!! anyhow i got 35 kush clones from a friend and had these 10 ppp seedlings. clones have been looking good ppp seedlings have been looking sick. took the largest ppp seedling which was also the sickest looking pant and opened up the smart pot and found a few tiny white very skinny bugs crawling around. kinda like a centipede. any idea what those may be? i decided to trash can all my ppp seedlings any how but even though my kush clones look nice and healthy and have roots poking out everywhere im assuming they to could have these bugs since they were all right next to each other.

after throwing out the ppp seedlings i decided to check run off from one of my kush clones. on feed days i've been giving them around 1.2 ec and 5.8-6.0 ph. today i made a batch of nutes 1.2 ec and 5.6 ph. watered till a little run off and checked it. it was 0.8ec and 6.4 ph.... i feed tea on monday and the ph was 6.7. since then this is only my 2nd or 3rd feed. do you think the ph is high from the tea or some other issue? i have tons of roots poking out of my smart pots, hell some pots have 4-5" long roots dangling out the bottom!!! plants look healthy. let me know what you think. thanks bud!!!

L

LEDNewbie

And this is what my PPP seedling looked like before I chucked her in the trash!!!:p

IMG 1305
K

kushsmoker30

LEDNewbie i'm no expert but plants in both pic's look hungry to me. looks like ur in coco, if u r u have to hit em hard wit food till u get em looking nice n healthy then u can do a str8 watering or maybe cut back some on food till u c em lighten a hair then u give more food.

if u were giving em all the same amount of food, then that could of been the prob n the reason why the biggest plant from seed was the sickest/ugliest of the bunch as it needed the most out of all of em. that would also help explain why the smaller clones were happier as they required less food.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I honestly can't say, but 6.4 is fine for coco. Shit, I don't even check my runoff... :rolleyes:

If the plants look healthy then they probably ARE healthy. The broad mites are definitely a concern. I hear those are a real bitch and extremely hard to get rid of, short of scrapping everything and starting over.

They are hard to find you need a jewelers loop or some other magnification to see them.

Those plants look droopy to me, like they are being over watered. I would water with a pH of 6.3 all the time. Is that pure coco? At first guess it looks like some lockout or underfeeding, overwatering, and possible stress from an insect.

This is the #1 reason people should never take clones from others, unless cuts have been quarantined for a week and scoped from top to bottom. It's not worth the hassle.

K

kushsmoker30

today i made a batch of nutes 1.2 ec and 5.6 ph. watered till a little run off and checked it. it was 0.8ec and 6.4 ph

DING, DING, DING!!! sorry i missed this yesterday i brefly read ur post n saw pic's, that is a clear sign that ur coco is not properly charged n should be hit a lil harder till they come around. in coco when u hit em 1.2 ec u should get back 1.2 ec, maybe a hair more if u get less ur girls r lacking.

my friend u came from soil where plants need little amounts of food in the beginning, coco is deff a bit challenge @ 1st as u have to hit hard n get em healthy then cut off. i do this every run, cuz of not wanting to hurt my babies n shit get's wack till i hit em like there grown. over watering maybe part of it, but i'm fairly sure underfeeding is deff part of it in coco under fed plants go through some shit. wish u would of posted b4 u took out ur PPP's, they would of been good to u as plants from seed thrive .

indogro

indogro

I just received my Caps Bennies packs. Started brewing a batch today.

I just started week 4 of flower. I feed every watering, pretty heavy, every 3 days in #4 mix. (no soil ammedments)

Since I am starting in the middle of flower, I was going to add the Caps Bennies to my feed once a week, and foliar once a week. Will I be overdoing it adding it to my current feed?

My feed starting this week is: PBP - Karma - CalMag - Silica - Bud Candy - Ginormous - Sea Green - Guano - H. Honey

What is the best way to incorporate this tea right now?

fyi.....I was going to do a basic brew: All 3 Bennies - EWC - a little Kelp - and H. Honey as the carb.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I just received my Caps Bennies packs. Started brewing a batch today.

I just started week 4 of flower. I feed every watering, pretty heavy, every 3 days in #4 mix. (no soil ammedments)

Since I am starting in the middle of flower, I was going to add the Caps Bennies to my feed once a week, and foliar once a week. Will I be overdoing it adding it to my current feed?

My feed starting this week is: PBP - Karma - CalMag - Silica - Bud Candy - Ginormous - Sea Green - Guano - H. Honey

What is the best way to incorporate this tea right now?

fyi.....I was going to do a basic brew: All 3 Bennies - EWC - a little Kelp - and H. Honey as the carb.

Do not use the nute pack. It's a waste in week 4 of flower.
For the kelp: use biobizz alg-a-mic. Shit is awesome in tea.
Add the tea once a week for the next three weeks.
DO NOT foliar past week 4 <---this is only my opinion. Use your own discretion.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Do not use the nute pack. It's a waste in week 4 of flower.
For the kelp: use biobizz alg-a-mic. Shit is awesome in tea.
Add the tea once a week for the next three weeks.
DO NOT foliar past week 4 <---this is only my opinion. Use your own discretion.
Hey Cap
How much alg-a-mic do you use/gallon in the brewer? I'v been looking to ad kelp and just picked some up. Thanks

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

my batch isn't foaming up.....should it be?

Some here have said foam is NOT an indication of microbial activity, and in my experience that is absolutely right. I have never had foam overflowing- just small amounts on top of the tea- and always have great teas. Too much Yucca extract in your tea will fill a small closet LOL.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Some here have said foam is NOT an indication of microbial activity, and in my experience that is absolutely right. I have never had foam overflowing- just small amounts on top of the tea- and always have great teas. Too much Yucca extract in your tea will fill a small closet with foam LOL.

L

LEDNewbie

i was getting little to no foam the first few teas i made. i then bought a aquarium heater raised water temp from 63`ish to 78 degrees. ever since then i've been getting tons of foam and allot more things "growing" in my tea!!! lol!!!!

squiggly

squiggly

i was getting little to no foam the first few teas i made. i then bought a aquarium heater raised water temp from 63`ish to 78 degrees. ever since then i've been getting tons of foam and allot more things "growing" in my tea!!! lol!!!!

That's dope, but I caution you against bringing it any higher. You'll start moving into human pathogen temperatures and this can be sorta dangerous (say you forget about the tea for a day too long and it goes anaerobic--you could have some serious nasties in there).

A great idea for sure, but just make sure to keep a close eye on the tea when doing that.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

are there any general indications that tea has gone aerobic/ is contaminated with pathogens?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
are there any general indications that tea has gone aerobic/ is contaminated with pathogens?

I woudl say the smell.

scoped any fog yet?

Nope. So busy right now trying to set up a new place and take care of an old one, plus managing a business (not ogbiowar). full plate guys. I will get to it when I can though.

S

sicinsane

I woudl say the smell.

Nope. So busy right now trying to set up a new place and take care of an old one, plus managing a business (not ogbiowar). full plate guys. I will get to it when I can though.

what would it smell like?

Top Bottom