Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliShark

CaliShark

I'm not positive on this, I'm just guessing. But mealworm poop is more like insect frass, rather then EWC. I believe earth worms have special things going on in their digestive system that makes their poop so great. I don't think the bacteria and nutrients are the same between the two. A mealworm technically isn't even a worm it's the larva stage for a beetle. What I do know for sure is my bluegill absolutely love mealworms and they devour them.

Again I'm just guessing and don't know for sure, I would do research and ask the supplier for a better answer and understanding.

B

blotter

Hey @Capulator I bought from you last week on eBay and after reading this thread twice over ordered a kilo of root, foilar and a 8 oz nute bag off the site. Somehow forgot to put "farmer" in the checkout process. Wondering if you could apply it retroactively? Or hook a guy up? lol.. First grow(s) in over six years, trying to do the right things. Purchased about 25 mins ago. Applied my first tea today, looking good so far. I worked too hard on building this soil to trash it with systemics. I'm hopeful for the first time in a while.

Either way on the farmer code you've got a new customer cap.

Last edited:
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Hey guys I know this might not be the right thread but figured it'd be a little wasteful and cluttering if I made a thread just for this question. First off id like to say super fast shipping and handling. Anyways I am away from where I had my packs sent and it's been super cold lately (25 F daytime and 5 F night), how long can they be on my porch waiting for me without being damaged or something? Couple hours? Days? I planned on going back up Monday(today is Saturday and is scheduled for delivery today). Now if quality will be sacrificed or something I can get there but it is about an hour away and would be ideal to just wait until Monday. Thanks guys!

L

larebowm

I had the same problem it was 15* outside but I was able to get to it within hours all was fine still powdery.

L

larebowm

its going to make it hard on orders i wish there was a way around it.
also some mail gets pretty damn cold regardless of pick up time depending on how long it stays on truck before recieved

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If freezing is a concern please leave a note with your order and I will require a signature for delivery. This way it will be held at the post office if you are not home to receive.

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

Hey Cap, was going to get a large res for brewing tea. Theres space in our veg/tanks room, but that room has CO2 and is usually at 85F. Is that cool or should I find another space for it?

L

larebowm

i wouldnt put it in your co2 room all that co2 will be picked up by your air pump
i would think it would slow down theyre mating ritual lol.
but id wait for cap to make sure.

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

Another good point. I could place the air pump in the hall where there is no Co2.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
how many ppms you running @Quadchomes ?

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

Hey Cap, usually 300 to 1200 and sometimes even 1500. Just depends what we're doing with them.

lino

lino

Cap or anyone for that matter,,,, comment on Tea vs Powder liquid chemical and PPMs.
PPM not sure, I never measured my ppm's in my teas but I've noticed that with most tea recipes I havent burned any leaves Yet. With chemical additives it seems much easier to burn leaf tips and to over fertilize. With teas I try not to use it or use it diluted if my plants look real green and healthy. Occasional feeding tea once my plants look perfect, which is a rare occasions.

Question or your best practice at the 2nd and 3rd week of flowering.... DARK GRN leaves, Fresh transplant and fresh Pro Mix with mild Organic fertilizers/manure in ProMix .... I'm foliar feeding once in a while,,, but getting nervous as the plants are almost to green .... Do you guys keep pushing Teas real hard at a plant 3 weeks into bud that is looking about as dark deep green as needed at any stage,,, how'd you fertilize dark grn plant now?,,, i'm pretty much organic,,,, would you cut back on the foliage tea food also at this point?

squiggly

squiggly

I would say it's no problem. @squiggly I am pretty sure that more CO2 doesnt mean less O2 right?

Not necessarily, but it can depending on how it's set up. If you pump the room full of CO2 at positive pressure you can definitely displace the oxygen.

lino

lino

Emailed ogbiowar website email and was told that it should not be allowed to let freeze for anyone who has a similar situation or temperature debacle.
That answers a question I has.... But I wonder how the microbes survive in nature... They must reside below the frost line/

lino

lino

I've done CO2 belows for years. But recently I turned the CO2 concentration way up to fight bugs. I experimented with gas mixtures... I killed all the bugs and damaged the plants during some of these recent experiments. Now this may sound crazy but I dont use a CO2 ppm meter,. Ive done this so much I THINK i know what I'm doing (stupid) and the main reason I dont use PPM meter is I dont have one .

My bio life Appears to not be effected that much by the hi concentration of CO2,,, but that is subjective and assumptive based on the health and pest resistance the plants maintained after the CO2 tent baths from observation, not scientific measure. I havent scope that deep (magnification) for awhile to measure and observed .
DANGER WITH THIS EXPERIMENT - Dont stick your head into a CO2 bag to get a plant! It can knock you out or dizzy quicker than you think and its not a good idea to stick your head in plasic bags anyway,,, read the child restrictions - its a gas chamber for humans and a breathing lung for plants,
ALSO, you;ll hurt or kill plants if you dont know what you doing. A plant can take 100% CO2 for short periods but it doesnt like 100% CO2. its a fine line dependent on strain tolerance also.
pic 1 is small plant CO2 tents
pic 2 - place plants under outlet of tents
pic 3 - big plant CO2 tents

whats the point;
hi humidity and atmosphere control- run grow rooms cold so bugs dont thrive in the grow room. tents in the 70`s and room in hi 50' - low 60`
conserve CO2
control bugs
increase growth

DSC02892
DSC02893
DSC02879

Latest posts

Top Bottom