Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
If you go for 48 I'd recommend feeding a bit more molasses @ or near the 24 hour mark.

You don't want to overfeed to begin or you'll create a foothold for anaerobes--but the good bennies will deplete the sugar VERY quickly (more quickly than you'd think) and will immediately begin dying when the food runs out (providing yet another foothold for anaerobes).

This is how I do it, and I end up with great results.

Typically I'll let my tea go for 24 hours and then I'll give it another TBS or two of molasses and drop in a chunk of a mosquito dunk at that time and some VERY VERY VERY dilute sea green.

(For a 5gal tea)
So for a 5 gallon tea how much Sea Green you using ?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
does the fogmaster use electric shock to create micro droplets? if so it will sterilize living creatures found in ACT teas

I have a brand new fogger that I havent used. I will make some tea this weeknd, and fire it through the fogger on to a slide and scope it to see if everything is dead.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
2 questions

First I accidentally added 4 tbls of the nute pack to my tea this morning, was thinking it was root...... oops is this ok I plan to throw some in the cloner tomorrow???

Second my kilo of nute pack is real moist and all clumped together. My last pack was dry and I could mix it easy into coco. This seems to wet and will be real hard to mix in good. Is this normal?????

Thanks cap the packs are killing it

BG

It should be ok. The packs all have moisture and are kind of clumpy. I have been teased for this.. :eek: If you get a dry pack it probably means I left the lid off by accident overnight when I was packing.

kooter840

kooter840

How much Whey protein are people using per gallon?.....I added a Tsp 24hrs into the brew and I had foam all over the room! I know foam is good but I think i over did it.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Growstones are awesome. I'm running my chow mix with them this time and they work great. Way easier than hydroton and larger and stronger than perlite and thy are very pourous.

I second these. Ive ran them in my UC and there great. Now Im using them in the bottom and top layer of my coco,,,, there very porous I think they will house the bennies

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How much Whey protein are people using per gallon?.....I added a Tsp 24hrs into the brew and I had foam all over the room! I know foam is good but I think i over did it.

I've never put in whey protein. Do you use chocolate, or vanilla?? :)

Where did you read about whey protein? I am super curious. Not making fun, really want to know.

kooter840

kooter840

It must be vanilla.......lol. a buddy of mine got it and told me that cap was using it with his bennies. Ive read every thread on here about bennies and I didn't recall seeing it on here, thats why I thought I would ask the man himself. I think i will stick with the basics it seems to work just fine. Im stoked I found the bennies cap. I was ready to give up growing until I started using those little creatures! I will have to post some pics.

K

kushsmoker30

yo cap want to make a tea, but as usual some plants r ready to eat 1 day some the next n the others the following day. i need to brew a tea, can i brew a tea n when time comes add tea to whatever plants r ready n keep brewing adding tea to the others the following day n so no if i keep adding some water to the tea to help keep it from going anaerobic maybe a bit of food.

looking 4 ideas i don't want to make 3 tiny teas, as it is the total amount of tea i need is only like 1/2 gal

S

sneakyg

So you reccomend mixing the nute into the soil medium rather than add it to the compost teas? At what rate per gallon of soil would you mix the nute pack in .. and is it possible to cook it? I typically store my dirt in 50 gallon rubbermaids with a lid with small holes in it . I add very little water to break down any hot spots , i'm guessing i'd just add the nute in right before I plant with it?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

So you reccomend mixing the nute into the soil medium rather than add it to the compost teas? At what rate per gallon of soil would you mix the nute pack in .. and is it possible to cook it? I typically store my dirt in 50 gallon rubbermaids with a lid with small holes in it . I add very little water to break down any hot spots , i'm guessing i'd just add the nute in right before I plant with it?

In addition to teas I've been mixing two tsp. of each pack into each bag of soil/coco i open. Definitely not gonna hurt anything to premix!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

yo cap want to make a tea, but as usual some plants r ready to eat 1 day some the next n the others the following day. i need to brew a tea, can i brew a tea n when time comes add tea to whatever plants r ready n keep brewing adding tea to the others the following day n so no if i keep adding some water to the tea to help keep it from going anaerobic maybe a bit of food.

looking 4 ideas i don't want to make 3 tiny teas, as it is the total amount of tea i need is only like 1/2 gal

Make a brew, feed some the next day and some 24 hours later. You can keep tea for 48 hours no problem, anything past that depends on what you're brewing. You can also just feed the thirsty ones a little water to catch them up, and try to get it to where everyone's thirsty on the same day.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

You can apply the tea with the nute solution if that makes it easier. I do that all the time.

To answer your question: Yes you can do a perpetual tea, but I find that most people who know a lot more than I do on the subject seem to want to brew for no more than 24 hours for a diverse population. I do 12-24 hours then give everything a dose. I am in no way an expert. I just go by the reading I have done over the past couple years.

datDANK

datDANK

ANYONE have any advice on buying molasses for smaller to med sized grows?????

sonofdust

sonofdust

Cap.
What are your thoughts on running root & folar mix through a Bio filter.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap.
What are your thoughts on running root & folar mix through a Bio filter.

Been thinkin about doing that myself. Not sure what would happen there. Perhaps some species would colonize in the filter itself... And some would pass through to latch on to roots. I have been meaning to hook up my biofilter.. but I do not know how I would go about testing this theory.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
ANYONE have any advice on buying molasses for smaller to med sized grows?????

grocery store in the mape syrup section. look for unsulphured black strap molasses. comes in a jar. around 4 bucks.

Top Bottom