Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

Watering was a steep learning curve for me in Hydro. I finally got it but it took some really smart people on here to beat it into my head...lol

buddahslave

buddahslave

how often are you watering?
about three times a week. I don't really know cuz I have more than one lab and it gets to be hard to keep track, but my soil grows I water when pots are lite or dry on the surface. I think we figured out the problem, a couple of days ago when we discussed how often to feed, I was using tea twice and normal nutes (h&g soil) on the third watering with no pure water at all. Someone posted a few pages ago tea, tea, nutes and I listened, but I noticed today since I been just using ph balanced water alone that this run in veg looks better than it did two days ago and the yellowing has stopped. Thanks for all the help hope it works out money season in so-cal is about to begin so happy hunting to all my fellow farmers:D

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
about three times a week. I don't really know cuz I have more than one lab and it gets to be hard to keep track, but my soil grows I water when pots are lite or dry on the surface. I think we figured out the problem, a couple of days ago when we discussed how often to feed, I was using tea twice and normal nutes (h&g soil) on the third watering with no pure water at all. Someone posted a few pages ago tea, tea, nutes and I listened, but I noticed today since I been just using ph balanced water alone that this run in veg looks better than it did two days ago and the yellowing has stopped. Thanks for all the help hope it works out money season in so-cal is about to begin so happy hunting to all my fellow farmers:D

yeah I do feed, feed, water, feed, feed, water, tea

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yeah I do feed, feed, water, feed, feed, water, tea

^^^ thats for my coco plants. for the hydro stuff I just add to the res or top feed concentrate right to the crown 1x per week.

A

aRiv

this might have been asked before but would brewing at home an taking to the farm for later use work?

anyone know how long ewc last? have a bag thats been sitting around for over a year. never opened tho.

buddahslave

buddahslave

^^^ thats for my coco plants. for the hydro stuff I just add to the res or top feed concentrate right to the crown 1x per week.
Mine is in soil, I don't know if that makes any difference. Plant look really good right now, ima put them in flowering in a couple days or so!
IMG 20121016 164346

buddahslave

buddahslave

Hey Cap how long can I keep my tea sealed in that 3 gallon container before it goes bad, white bacteria has started floating at the top and I don't know if thats good bacteria or bad. I didn't use the bennies in it because im all out and need to order more, and on that note is it free shipping with order of three bennies or does it have to be nute, foliar, and root. I only need root and foliar, but still want free shipping so I would order 2 root and 1 foliar, Thanks.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey Cap how long can I keep my tea sealed in that 3 gallon container before it goes bad, white bacteria has started floating at the top and I don't know if thats good bacteria or bad. I didn't use the bennies in it because im all out and need to order more, and on that note is it free shipping with order of three bennies or does it have to be nute, foliar, and root. I only need root and foliar, but still want free shipping so I would order 2 root and 1 foliar, Thanks.

Tea goes bad if not kept aerated. I use tea after about 24 hours, adn if there is extra I dump it out on the plants in my yard. On the shipping, yes if you buy any three packs shipping is free.

Your plants are looking great this round. Remember, less is more!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hey all! New farmer here. Been using cap's packs to make tea for a while now. I've noticed lots of people stating their tea has no foam or bubbles. I'm using cap's recipe with a different molasses and no frass or alfalfa meal.

My tea bubbles INSTANTLY after I add my molasses, and i add it first at 20-25 ml/gal. I'm using organic, unsulphured molasses that they sell in whole foods, a few other health stores, and (just my luck), my local hydro shop. its organic, fair trade, food grade molasses that was not made for plants. I feel like this is the key- molasses derivatives used for growing have been processed and broken down into forms that are made for fast absorption out of the soil. This stuff is THICK, and the difference beteween using it and botanicare strapped is night and day. The bacteria definitely seem to like this stuff. I have foam from the second i put in the molasses, and the next day when i come in there's brown/gray/black crust on the top of the foam (which i assume is microbe poop) and the tea smells like super super sweet kombucha that's just about to start fermenting.

i'll try and get some pics of the bottle and the fizzoam up next time i make tea :D

p.s. the molasses brand is "wholesome sweeteners", it contains some nutrients too, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Nice post WS... Speaking of Kombucha, have you ever tried using the culture's in your ACTs? Ive used Kombucha cultures few years ago outdoors in the soil of one or two plants and the results were mind blowing...

Ive been thinking about adding it to a batch of ACT and see the results...

Here's what i found on a search....

"Lowering the ph can be done with apple cider vinegar but I like to use Kombucha fungus, as it creates a wonderful selection of living interacted nutrients that are amazing and affordable.

Basically, you grow a particular bacterium in a medium of black, green or herbal tea, and then add the altered medium to your solution. Kombucha is an oxygen producing bacteria that is compatible with both the human and vegetative world because it metabolizes nutrients in the tea itself, providing the plant with easy to assimilate nutrients. Kombucha also has beneficial health effects for the human organism."

"By adding Kombucha, a living nutrient, you can lower ph while still providing oxygen and bringing micronutrients to your plants that they would not regularly get."

~ODB~

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Nice post WS... Speaking of Kombucha, have you ever tried using the culture's in your ACTs? Ive used Kombucha cultures few years ago outdoors in the soil of one or two plants and the results were mind blowing...

Ive been thinking about adding it to a batch of ACT and see the results...

Here's what i found on a search....

"Lowering the ph can be done with apple cider vinegar but I like to use Kombucha fungus, as it creates a wonderful selection of living interacted nutrients that are amazing and affordable.

Basically, you grow a particular bacterium in a medium of black, green or herbal tea, and then add the altered medium to your solution. Kombucha is an oxygen producing bacteria that is compatible with both the human and vegetative world because it metabolizes nutrients in the tea itself, providing the plant with easy to assimilate nutrients. Kombucha also has beneficial health effects for the human organism."

"By adding Kombucha, a living nutrient, you can lower ph while still providing oxygen and bringing micronutrients to your plants that they would not regularly get."

~ODB~

Dude! that's really awesome- i've always thought about using kombucha...it sponsors so many enzyme producing bacteria, i'm almost positive that it's the secret behind enzyme products like hygrozyme and cannazym. That's interesting about the PH too - i should have noted that after adding that organic molasses my PH stays around 6.5, my tap comes out at 7.2. After brewing ppm (which is 300-370) and PH are the same as when it started, in the sweet spot for the tea 6.5-7.0.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Dude! that's really awesome- i've always thought about using kombucha...it sponsors so many enzyme producing bacteria, i'm almost positive that it's the secret behind enzyme products like hygrozyme and cannazym. That's interesting about the PH too - i should have noted that after adding that organic molasses my PH stays around 6.5, my tap comes out at 7.2. After brewing ppm (which is 300-370) and PH are the same as when it started, in the sweet spot for the tea 6.5-7.0.

That molasses sounds like the ticket - my HiBrix is making my pH drop too much and Cap mentioned low pH is not ideal for the little guys.... The idea of using Kombucha is great, you have to let us know if you use it and how it works!

Good post in the testimonial section as well - crazy pics...

Had a question for you as well, PM sent..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey all! New farmer here. Been using cap's packs to make tea for a while now. I've noticed lots of people stating their tea has no foam or bubbles. I'm using cap's recipe with a different molasses and no frass or alfalfa meal.

My tea bubbles INSTANTLY after I add my molasses, and i add it first at 20-25 ml/gal. I'm using organic, unsulphured molasses that they sell in whole foods, a few other health stores, and (just my luck), my local hydro shop. its organic, fair trade, food grade molasses that was not made for plants. I feel like this is the key- molasses derivatives used for growing have been processed and broken down into forms that are made for fast absorption out of the soil. This stuff is THICK, and the difference beteween using it and botanicare strapped is night and day. The bacteria definitely seem to like this stuff. I have foam from the second i put in the molasses, and the next day when i come in there's brown/gray/black crust on the top of the foam (which i assume is microbe poop) and the tea smells like super super sweet kombucha that's just about to start fermenting.

i'll try and get some pics of the bottle and the fizzoam up next time i make tea :D

p.s. the molasses brand is "wholesome sweeteners", it contains some nutrients too, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron

Funny because I just bought some of this last week since my shop was out of EJ hibrix but did have this exact one. I am really liking it. It does not alter the pH of the tea at all, and it looks great after a 24 hour brew.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Will test strips that test the level of chlorine in the water also read Chloramine? If I wasn't removing the Chloramine properly would the tea go anerobic and smell? Or is there any other way to tell if my tea isn't successfully brewing?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Will test strips that test the level of chlorine in the water also read Chloramine? If I wasn't removing the Chloramine properly would the tea go anerobic and smell? Or is there any other way to tell if my tea isn't successfully brewing?

you will need a 2000x microscope to check the microbial life. I do not believe there is enough chloramine in most water to severely damage the herd.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Im
you will need a 2000x microscope to check the microbial life. I do not believe there is enough chloramine in most water to severely damage the herd.
I'm running the same mix I did but one is on well water and this one is on city water filtered by a tall boy.... No foam in this one...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
the city water is not getting foam?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Nope...using:
humisoil
Castings
Molasses
and bennies

It is hard to say, but I would test the water for chloramines first and then see if you can pick up a carbon filter based on your findings. Also, foam is not always an indicator of abundant amounts of microbal life.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
this might have been asked before but would brewing at home an taking to the farm for later use work?

anyone know how long ewc last? have a bag thats been sitting around for over a year. never opened tho.

If the bag of bennies has been kept at room temp or cooler it will be good for about 2 years. I brew mine and take it places. I don't know how far your farm is, but you can stir it around to aerate it. It doesnt need to be bubbled.

Top Bottom