TEMP/VAC OVEN THREAD

• Thread starter SCFSYNDICATE760
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

montroller

I just use the sun for vac during the summer and reptile heat lamps during the winter. Depending on the strain I try to keep it at 130-140 in vac to get a hard shatter or honeycomb otherwise most runs will stay sappy for me.

As far as time goes there is no way to set a specific time because it varies so much by amount, surface area, strain, actual vacuum level, and heat. The best way is to just stay close by and check every 15 minutes to half hour until it is where you want it.

Even shatter can turn to budder if left in a vac with heat for too long so if you don't want budder pull it when the bubbles first stop forming and let it stabilize at room temp to check if it is the consistency you want.

Obviously always lighter test your shit, I had some grandaddy that vacced for 3 days under sunlight and was still in need of a purge so this shit can be very strain dependent.

M

montroller

"soaking" through the parchment paper is an impossibilty...
there was either a hole or you somehow let oil slip between a crack or something or there was oil in the pan previously...
its designed specifically to have stuff not soak through it...
i do it every night, the only time i have an issue is if theres a rip i didnt see in the paper (does happen and will seem to leak through then u got a piece of paper with oil on top n bottom n a big fuckin mess....so you gotta be carefull)
but i assure you if you do this properly its the easiest way, maybe next to the bag tech...
you dont even really need teflon, i blasted right into a ziplock n it worked fine...
u wanna use a freezer bag at least tho...

pouring it tho does work, i did that a few times at first...then you are losing a lil when you pour tho...best is just line reseptacle w paper...heres a pic..
make sure ur not using wax paper use parchment paper..
see really simple
line dish then blast then you just pop it out n open it up..walla then stick in vac oven...done

Parchment paper has silicone added on top to help with on-stick properties and butane is very reactive with silicone. If you put unpurged oil or spray straight onto parchment you will deteriorate the silicone and make it easier to scrape into your oil which adds an unpleasant taste as well as most likely being harmful. Try to find unbleached parchment with no silicone or use teflon

B

Bho4king20

For most strains i like to heat to around 120-160 degrees under a -29 vac, i vac it 10 minutes at a time 3 times and i get a clean flavourfull amazing heady smoke. EVERYTIME.

true grit

true grit

Yeah ive yet to see my temp exceed 105. Definitely longer purges but not any time frame- all relative to the oil inside and how much bute needs evac'ing.

What ya blasting with SCF? looks like a good bit of contaminant in the pix. That oven is pretty damn sharp tho my friend.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

BLASTING WITH? SORRY NOT SURE WHAT UR ASKING...
THAT PARTICULAR RUN I GOT A LIL PLANT MATERIAL IN...THAT WAS JUST A FUCK UP ON MY PART..
BUT NO...NOT USUALLY ANY CONTAMINANTS...OCASSIONALY MAYBE A LIL PARTICULATE...
THE VAC OVEN IS A GREAT TOOL FOR VOLUME...

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Parchment paper has silicone added on top to help with on-stick properties and butane is very reactive with silicone. If you put unpurged oil or spray straight onto parchment you will deteriorate the silicone and make it easier to scrape into your oil which adds an unpleasant taste as well as most likely being harmful. Try to find unbleached parchment with no silicone or use teflon
and there's likely other stuff in the coating besides just silicone (adhesive, binder, etc). i'd want to know before giving to patients.

just found this re teflon, some temperature concerns there too:

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

im going by that its stated on the box that it can be used in an oven up to 400 WITH food on it....dont u think the shit would leach into your food? granted cold butane and hot beef are two diff things, but im still just not seeing any issues w parchment....my tech is quick so its not like its soaking for hours....all of it tastes super crip, so no flavor wakiness...
yes, id b more scared of the teflon off gassing when its heated too much....
my half cent

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

Keep your temp around 115-130 dont go over it try to preserve the most terps i have a Vac oven too and its beast its the way to go if your making wax!!

Graywolf

Graywolf

We use 115F for our vacuum purge. That seems to be the lowest temperature that the bubbles break free and rise to the top.

Mustard

Mustard

Here's a tip for those of you, like me, who do not own a vac oven:

Teflon bag submerged in hot oil bath set to desired temp (crackpot works good) put this in your normal vacuum chamber... Voila! Vac oven

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

NO ALWAYS VAC W HEAT...WOUT HEAT IS KINDAAAAAA OBSOLETE OR INEFFICIENT

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

100 COULD BE TOO LOW...
REALLY DEP ON WHAT STRAINS UR USING..
ONCE U HAVE A STRAIN U ALWAYSSSSSS ROCK U SHOULD HAVE A LIQUID CHROM TERP PROFILE DONE, THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN U SEE EXACTLY WHAT TEMPS WOULD BE BEST FOR THAT STRAIN BASED ON THE TERPENES PRESENT AND THOSE TERPS BOILING POINTS OR WHATNOT...
I MEAN IF U REALLLLY WANNA GET DIALED...

TEFLON BAG IS A GREAT TECH...THERES MANY VARIANCES OF IT..
I PREFER BLAST INTO BAG
PUT IN HOT WATER FOR MAIN PURGE
PUT IN FREEZER
CRUMBLE N POUR OUT, CONTINUE PROCESSING...

HERES A CLUE THO, PARCHMENT IS EASIER MORE FORGIVING AND WAYYYYY CHEAPER..

Mustard

Mustard

The only reason I am using a Teflon bag is because I can submerge that into the oil bath. I agree parchment is great! I initially blast into parchmentn then transfer to my really old small Teflon bag. I would much rather have a real oven though... One day!

robotsntele

robotsntele

Right now we are running our oven at 63 degrees celsius. when we temp gun the actual oil it is reading of the range fo 96 and 105. We are still messing with the temps but have found most success with these temps as of recently.

M

m4n

Been usin a heating pad...jus Gpt a temp gun,oil sits at 100 degrees, vac a hand full of times then leave it on for an hour or 2...looks like honeycomb at first with the big muffins...then slowly melts to an oil...still haven't been able to.make shatter...always comes out like taffy,not gooey but sticks to ur fingers if touched......I was under the impression if I kept the heat low it would stay a honeycomb consistency? And around 130-140 its shatter and above that is stays the oil consistency? Prolly gunna grab a griddle an turn the heat up a bit next purge

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Been usin a heating pad...jus Gpt a temp gun,oil sits at 100 degrees, vac a hand full of times then leave it on for an hour or 2...looks like honeycomb at first with the big muffins...then slowly melts to an oil...still haven't been able to.make shatter...always comes out like taffy,not gooey but sticks to ur fingers if touched......I was under the impression if I kept the heat low it would stay a honeycomb consistency? And around 130-140 its shatter and above that is stays the oil consistency? Prolly gunna grab a griddle an turn the heat up a bit next purge

www.labhoroflove.proboards.com for our tech

robotsntele

robotsntele

We have found. That Dry flower tends to shatter way more. Leave your nuggs out for a couple days and then extract. You'll get that shatter you are looking for.

Top Bottom