Tent City!!!!! 2x 10'x20' Mammoth Tents!!!

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Everything is looking good Green Mopho! Those new girls are looking like their really gonna rock.:yes How do you like the mammoth tents so far?

D

doctorgoose

nice recovery, always some kinks to work out in the beginning. looks like things are clickin' along now!

B

bowlpacks

Checkin' in on ya bro. Your girls are lookin' real good this go 'round! Where you at?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Heres my update with my best attempt at professional pot photography.
They are all at day 44.

ECSD (see...kinda blurry)
picture.php

The Sour Fucks are really outshining their parent Sour Diesels, yield-wise.
picture.php

Finally getting DJ Short's Flo dialed in on this run, hard to get a good yield out of her, but she's looking far more voluptuous and trich-covered this time! She's already in flush
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And then I have this unique WW pheno I started from bag seed. It grows really hempish and is very sativa dominant. It grows ugly unsymmetrical curly leaves, and shows bleaching/streaking on its top leaves if it doesn't get pounds of magnesium. It can handle more nutes than anything in my garden, it is a monster. First run of her was very low yielding, but the smoke really had a very nice taste. I think it is somewhat of a mutant white widow and looks, smells, and tastes like no other white widow I have ever seen. This run of her is showing much bigger buds and good trich coverage.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey mopho...last run looked good bro only gonna get better..i am trying to figure the best way to hook up a portable ac in a tent..not sealed tho and must be smell proof..when air cooling lights from one end of the tent out the other does smelly air get sucked through the (sealed) lights? whats the best way to exhaust the tent/scrub the air with a portable?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

4 days till harvest....

"Guava"-pheno White Widow:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The pink pistils on her really make her look amazing!

Sour Fuck, lookin' mean and green:

picture.php

picture.php

F

fatty76

Looks awesome! What are your temps like? How many BTUs of AC are you using? Is the cold air flowing through the 8" ducting and into the ambient tent? I'm trying to figure out some heat problems. :whew

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

There is no "ambient tent". The lights are cooled with the ambient air in the space outside the tents, and exhausted up through the roof. This has the added benefit of creating negative pressure outside the tents, helping with control odor when the fans run 24/7. The 8" air cooled hoods have an 8" 750 CFM fan for every run of 4 lights. There is also a 12" 1000 CFM fan on a timer that brings in cool and fresh outside air at night with the air is a little cooler. Most of this air is sucked up by the intakes for the runs of lights. Since I have 4x 750 CFM fans, thats 3000 CFM being pulled out, and only 1000 CFM coming in, so negative pressure is maintained.

I need every ounce of AC to cool the air IN the tents. I am currently using 2x 1 ton, 12,500 BTU portable units, so 25,000 BTU total, but I'm soon adding 1 more portable unit. I am also ducting out the hot air exchange coming from the AC. The exchange intake is just pulling from the outside room as well. The cool air supply and returns are located directly on the portable unit in the tent. Since AC units come on and off, the hot air being exhausted has to have the ducting outfitted with a damper, so hot air from the lights doesn't push backwards through the ducting when the AC automatically switches off.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Okay, the tents were on hiatus until cooler temps rolled around...so here goes...

Running in there now:
KKSC
Jesus Christ
Southern Charm
Headband
Flo
Cherry AK
ATF
(one system got mixed strains...ooops, hope they play nice together)

Having to net down the ATFs, Headbands, and JCs before the stretch really hits! These plants aren't quite as vegged as I would like them to be, but its cool for this run...

http://img819.invalid.com/img819/3450/img6951c.jpg
http://img192.invalid.com/img192/1129/img6950p.jpg
http://img543.invalid.com/img543/8945/img6948.jpg

I'll update more as things get more interesting...

P

peter tosh

nice work Mopho! thanks for breaking down the equipment specs, i was wondering about that portable a/c being able to control the heat. i have a 7000 btu amana portable ac and it sucks! it seems like if you want a good portable ac you have to spend like 2 or 3 thousand bucks. mine was only 230, so i guess you get what you pay for. i have been thinking about getting one of those greenhouse controllers, but was worried that maxing out a 15 amps would be a problem. im probably just gonna get the co2 controller only not the whole greenhouse controller for that reason, and so i can save a couple hundred. anyway, thanks for the thread and all the tasty pics (that sour, mmm)!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

We paid about $600 for each 1 ton unit, got 2 of 'em. Not quite enough cooling power, but it gets the job done for now.

You can use the greenhouse controller even with the 15 amp limitation. You need the UPM-1 relays, and you can run anything you want on those controllers without worrying about blowing fuses.

UPM-1.jpg

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

time to go camping, how's the seal/smell on those?

Not too bad at all. CO2 maintains pretty well, smell is pretty controlled. Some of the zippers can jam, but thats the only real complaint I have about 'em....

P

peter tosh

We paid about $600 for each 1 ton unit, got 2 of 'em. Not quite enough cooling power, but it gets the job done for now.

You can use the greenhouse controller even with the 15 amp limitation. You need the UPM-1 relays, and you can run anything you want on those controllers without worrying about blowing fuses.

UPM-1.jpg

now that makes sense. i knew they wouldnt leave you screwed like that.

btw, since youre shopping for a new a/c, heres the ideal-air commercial portable air conditioner. it sells for 3000 and is 2100 btu. they also have a 1200 btu unit for 2400 bucks. yeah big break on the price! anyway, it looks bad ass! i want it!

Ideal21000
C

cannagirl

now that makes sense. i knew they wouldnt leave you screwed like that.

btw, since youre shopping for a new a/c, heres the ideal-air commercial portable air conditioner. it sells for 3000 and is 2100 btu. they also have a 1200 btu unit for 2400 bucks. yeah big break on the price! anyway, it looks bad ass! i want it!

Do you have your numbers right? 2100 BTU are you sure its not 21000 BTU, because if not that seems really fucking expensive!

M

Monkey OG

Yea I believe he is right havn't you ever seen a 2100 btu portable ac that cost more than a 120000 btu ac? :D

Im gonna go out on a limb and assume it was a typo. Sorry if you dont pick up on the sarcasm not trying to start a fight.

Nice to see the tents running again, still interested in buying one, except I have a mini split ac wondering if it would be possible to hang it in there with a piece of plywood hanging on one of the supports. Kind of like a bigger hydro hut mounting controller board.

If one were to run that many lights in a tent I would assume they(mammoth tents) would have thought out a way for people to incorporate ac in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom