Tent City Files. Secret Jardin 10x10 with 6k

• Thread starter Sway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sway

I grow in my apartment because I have nowhere else. Until I have money and get myself settled in a new place I'll just have to make do. I'm a med grower so I'm not too worried about the dea beating down my door for 12 plants. I guess I'll just buck up and screw a small hook into the ceiling or something. I'm just hung up on being able to leave without trace since my place is newly remodeled but patching a screw hole is no big deal. I have my can filter hung up in my 4x4 right now with no problems, i was hoping to duplicate that in the next setup since floor space is so valuable in these things. Thanks for the help sway and mr. dizzle (more motivation), now back to the show!

Its not the cops u have to worry about in an apartment.. The landlord or maintenance man can enter ur place whenever they want if your home or not (they do it all the time). Then when they find your plants you get evicted. No cops to worry about...just an eviction. Trying to get a rental with an eviction record is almost impossible.

But drill that hole! Fuck em!

N

NugNation

I feel you. There's nothing against it in my lease. Just says no illegal activities, but since this is legal I see no reason for my landlord to fret. plus I know she smokes up with some of the other residents so it would almost be hypocritical.

R

RichieRich

Nice Banana OG you have there Sway LOL

Any way I can get a shot of that Mini Split hung up in the tent? About to make the purchase of the tent and mini split.

Which 1ox1o tent would you go with? Jardin or Grow Lab?

Also which Mini Split did you buy? Does it have dehumidify feature or just AC? I know the Mr. Slim's are just AC and there is not dehumidify feature. Any advice is appreciated.

S

Sway

Nice Banana OG you have there Sway LOL

Any way I can get a shot of that Mini Split hung up in the tent? About to make the purchase of the tent and mini split.

Which 1ox1o tent would you go with? Jardin or Grow Lab?

Also which Mini Split did you buy? Does it have dehumidify feature or just AC? I know the Mr. Slim's are just AC and there is not dehumidify feature. Any advice is appreciated.

Ill take photos of the stand for the mini split. You don't want to hang the air handler..the tents not that strong and the air handler blows pretty hard and would be swaying back and forth. So you can fabricate a stand for the air handler. I actually make them if ur interested i can make you one. Im a welder and fabricator by trade and can make anything u need for a garden. Custom built, all TIG welded and the best quality you can get.
I run a LG 18kbtu split unit. Yes it does dehumidify and also has a few other modes. Also has a low ambient running compressor which is very important for gardening purposes in winter. You can find the unit i have for about 1500 bucks from Acwholesalers.com

As for the tents, don't buy the growlab. I run the new secret jardin 10x10.. I love it. They are much higher quality and actually bigger in person then the growlab. But the tent that beats them all is the new hydrohut silver edition 10x10. Beats all other tents hands down. They were just released and ill have one soon.

R

RichieRich

Ill take photos of the stand for the mini split. You don't want to hang the air handler..the tents not that strong and the air handler blows pretty hard and would be swaying back and forth. So you can fabricate a stand for the air handler. I actually make them if ur interested i can make you one. Im a welder and fabricator by trade and can make anything u need for a garden. Custom built, all TIG welded and the best quality you can get.
I run a LG 18kbtu split unit. Yes it does dehumidify and also has a few other modes. Also has a low ambient running compressor which is very important for gardening purposes in winter. You can find the unit i have for about 1500 bucks from Acwholesalers.com

As for the tents, don't buy the growlab. I run the new secret jardin 10x10.. I love it. They are much higher quality and actually bigger in person then the growlab. But the tent that beats them all is the new hydrohut silver edition 10x10. Beats all other tents hands down. They were just released and ill have one soon.

Thanks for the advice. So when are the new HydroHut 10x10's going to be available? After watching the Greners tent videos I knew the Jardin was the best one to get from whats currently available now. I'll get the Jardin now unless I can get the new Hydro Hut you speak of here soon. Anywhere I can check out the HydroHut online?

The mini Split I had heard was really nice and quite was the Mr Slim Units but they do not have the dehumidification feature, just AC, or AC and Heat. So I was wondering if you ever used just the dehumidify feature to keep humidity in check?

Also do you run the water from out of the AC unit to a tank to reuse later? If so how much water does that AC in the grow room throw off every day or so?

Thanks for the offer to build the stand but were nowhere near close to each other and I figure it would be easy to build a stand for it. But now I'm all interested in seeing you TIG Welded Stand :)

Again thanks for the help.

S

Sway

Here's how my air handler is mounted..

Excuse the paint job...i ran out of paint so it was a forced 2 tone job foo!

2010 06 01 232439 e0
2010 06 01 232424 e0
2010 06 01 232343 e0
2010 06 01 232327 e0
2010 06 01 232307 e0
R

RichieRich

Thanks Sway, Nice welding Job. I wonder what I'll rig up??

I see the Dehumidifier in there, those suckers produce tons of heat, thought you didn't need to use it with the AC running? Only at night?

M

mr english

great pictures sway,nice 2 see how the AC is up and running in there.

S

Sway

that is sick dude

Thanks man

Thanks Sway, Nice welding Job. I wonder what I'll rig up??

I see the Dehumidifier in there, those suckers produce tons of heat, thought you didn't need to use it with the AC running? Only at night?

i don't run the dehumidifier much these days..only of other starts raining outside.. Prolly won't need it until next winter

Very nice tent setup & welding job! Way to do it Sway!

thanks bro, much appreciated

great pictures sway,nice 2 see how the AC is up and running in there.

thank u sir

sdgrower

sdgrower

That's sick bro!

I always wondered about a good way to hang a mini-split in a tent.
Thanks man!

The Hippy

The Hippy

Hi Guys
New here, but thought Id comment on the great setup. Nice job. I bet all you do is neat like that.
Just wanted to mention that the tent i picked up did come with metal corners and are pretty strong. They are called " My Hydro Homebox " brand. The ones I have are only the 4.4 x 4.4 x7 but came with all steel rods and steel corners. Also was supplied with 4 roof bar of steel as well. The whole thing seems pretty strong and is sturdy with mutilpe fans and light hung in there.
I can't imagine anybody selling them with plastic corners.
Anyway great job Man and can't wait to see you next few weeks of pics.
You and I are on about the same timing sched right now. So it's like looking at my own plants coming of age too. Although I have much less to watch over.

inthefire

inthefire

hey Sway clean set up.I got a couple questions on the Ac?What temperature is the Ac when lights are on and what about when the lights are off temperature??Can you go more into details how you run the ac and for how long?Do you use a temperature control or just use the Ac control and change the temperature manually.Are using recycle timers for the exhaust fans or just normal timers?
thanks for your time and information

B

biggs

nice set up mate. can you show a pic of where the other part of the ac is pls.

can you have it in another room, or does it have to vent outside? been thinking of how to set up mine when i get one. cheers mate.

S

Sway

Hi Guys
New here, but thought Id comment on the great setup. Nice job. I bet all you do is neat like that.
Just wanted to mention that the tent i picked up did come with metal corners and are pretty strong. They are called " My Hydro Homebox " brand. The ones I have are only the 4.4 x 4.4 x7 but came with all steel rods and steel corners. Also was supplied with 4 roof bar of steel as well. The whole thing seems pretty strong and is sturdy with mutilpe fans and light hung in there.
I can't imagine anybody selling them with plastic corners.
Anyway great job Man and can't wait to see you next few weeks of pics.
You and I are on about the same timing sched right now. So it's like looking at my own pants coming of age too. Although I have much less to watch over.

Yea there's a few companies that have steel corners now.. I think enough people complained..

hey Sway clean set up.I got a couple questions on the Ac?What temperature is the Ac when lights are on and what about when the lights are off temperature??Can you go more into details how you run the ac and for how long?Do you use a temperature control or just use the Ac control and change the temperature manually.Are using recycle timers for the exhaust fans or just normal timers?
thanks for your time and information

The ac has a thermostat that keeps the room at 74 day and night. It runs 24/7

nice set up mate. can you show a pic of where the other part of the ac is pls.

can you have it in another room, or does it have to vent outside? been thinking of how to set up mine when i get one. cheers mate.

the outdoor unit has to be outside to work properly. There's no way around it, they need proper air flow and they remove a shit ton of heat so it would heat up a room in minutes if it were inside or even in a lung room. The good thing is the outdoor unit is literally whisper quiet. The only way i can tell if mines on is to feel the hot ass air blowing. Its amazing how quiet they are

B

biggs

Yea there's a few companies that have steel corners now.. I think enough people complained..

The ac has a thermostat that keeps the room at 74 day and night. It runs 24/7

the outdoor unit has to be outside to work properly. There's no way around it, they need proper air flow and they remove a shit ton of heat so it would heat up a room in minutes if it were inside or even in a lung room. The good thing is the outdoor unit is literally whisper quiet. The only way i can tell if mines on is to feel the hot ass air blowing. Its amazing how quiet they are

ok cheers mate. not sure about having it outside my house. looks a bit strange to have one in the uk, as it don't get that hot.

S

Sway

[/B]
ok cheers mate. not sure about having it outside my house. looks a bit strange to have one in the uk, as it don't get that hot.

Just tell people you got a dinosaur egg in ur house Hehe..

Seriously though, there's plenty of reasons people have split Ac units running all the time. Even in cool climates

inthefire

inthefire

Hey thanks for your reply. Have another questions so you keep the temperature set at 74 all through flowering from start to finish?.Do you keep the same temps for all the strains you run or do you change it?You have exhaust does the fan come while the Ac is on?

Top Bottom