Thanks To Double D 5 Plant MPB

• Thread starter socalsinner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

socalsinner

Started construction. Thought some might like to see some photos. Thanks for all the help guys. Will be running Some Mt Cooks Ive veg'd for around 7 weeks. Next ones wont be veg'd so long... kinda got stuck with these for an extended period of time.

Bucket1
Bucket2
Bucket3
Fitting1
Measure
Netpot1
Netpot2
Skilsaw
Thanks to double d  5 plant mpb 9
Measure2
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Sic man congrats on the making the leap. Good luck with your show and I hope you do it big for all us to see. Great Job!

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

welcome to mpb land, heres to wishing you a successful harvest, cheers.:rauch08:

O

OregonMeds

Dont lumen shock your babies. :) Good luck.
I threw some in dirt and they finally recovered after all this time.

S

socalsinner

Dont lumen shock your babies. :) Good luck.
I threw some in dirt and they finally recovered after all this time.[/
Thanks for the tip.. I figure 1200 Veg for 4 weeks then put them in flower room with half the light for 4 days and thn full scale 10k watts..What have you found that works to prevent lumen shock? Thanks!

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey socal look forward to the how..should provide more need inspiration and ideas...cheers Burn..ps. for the lumen shock just don't use the full 10k,i know others will assist you with exact light numbers,but slowly add the lights as the plants adjust bringing them closer and closer..

M

mrdizzle

that sounds like a good plan to avoid lumen shock. start with 2, then 3,4,5, 6, 8, 10 lights.

you may want to get slighty bigger cages thou, cant wait to see the tubs in bloom

winta

winta

you bout to set it off my dude! ill be ridin wit ya!:character0180:

S

socalsinner

Light Bulb Distance from Plant

that sounds like a good plan to avoid lumen shock. start with 2, then 3,4,5, 6, 8, 10 lights.

you may want to get slighty bigger cages thou, cant wait to see the tubs in bloom

Firing it up tomorrow but had some questions my friends... How close should my 1000 watt bulbs and my 600 watt be to my plant? Ill be hanging them from 2x4's on chains . moving them away as the plant grows seems light it might be a little work. My 1000's will be bare bulbs with high powered fans underneath them.

M

mrdizzle

mine are about 10inches right now, I would try to induce a little stretch so a 1.5ft to 2ft to start, once they are adjusted, I try to keep them as close as possible without causing stress on the plant

M

mcattak

Looking good,

7 weeks of veg(got pics)...They must be huge and good luck stuffing them into those cages...The plants will let you know when they are ready for all 10k...No rush...

Can you give us your nutrient regime, ppm or ec and ph through your flowering period...

How big is the rez and what size chiller..

Are you going to drip 24/7..

Can you post your plant and light layout..

I know you probably answered a lot of these questions already in the last thread, I just didn't see any final answers..

Thanks and following along with excitement

S

socalsinner

Looking good,

7 weeks of veg(got pics)...They must be huge and good luck stuffing them into those cages...The plants will let you know when they are ready for all 10k...No rush...

Can you give us your nutrient regime, ppm or ec and ph through your flowering period...

How big is the rez and what size chiller..

Are you going to drip 24/7..

Can you post your plant and light layout..

I know you probably answered a lot of these questions already in the last thread, I just didn't see any final answers..

Thanks and following along with excitement

5 plants. 10,200 watts, air cooling 6800 watts with fucked up cool tubes.2.5 ton Mini Split AC. Sealed room. co2 1300. Rez, chillers, Hiblow80 out of room. 6 floor fans.We have 125 Gal Rez. 2 1/4 HP EcoPlus chillers, We will be running drip 24/7. Veg Room seperate with a portable AC 12000 BTU uggh 4X8 tray Ebb & Flow and some room for moms...We will be running 6.0 PH
Plant and Light Layout
.................AC....................
.................6 6..................
...............6XOX6.................
.................O O....................
...............6XOX6.................
................ OXO..................

S

socalsinner

Pics of progress

Some pics of my next batch of kids. These OG babies Still have to be sexed... had some stretching issues but Im sure they will be ok. A few pics of progress in building the rooms. Almost done lol.....

Ogbabies
Ceiling
Lightshang
ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice looking setup! Definitely subscribed! I've been lurking for a while, just reading and learning...

The main thing that caught my eye is your light and plant layout doesn't look very efficient. So you have 6-1000w and 7-600w correct?

With the layout you posted NO plant is surrounded by 4-1000w's... 3 plants are lighted on 3 sides by 1,000w and the remaining 4th side of each plant has 1-600w; the remaining 2 plants are lighted on only 2 sides with 1,000w's and the other 2 sides of each plant have 600w's. This is a total of 13 lights.

IMO your using 2 more 600's than need to be ran for the lighting coverage for 5 plants and your not utilizing your 1,000's to there fullest potential. I realize that these plants are going in at 6ft tall which isn't the 'norm' for this system so that might factor into ur layout.

IMO this would be a more efficient layout and better use of those 1000s and get rid of 2 600's...

X=plant
0=1000w
6=600w

__6
_0X0
6X0X6
_0X0
6X0
_6

In this layout 1 plant is surrounded by 4-1,000w's; 3 plants are lighted on 3 sides by 1,000's and the remaining 4th side of the 3 plants have 600w's; the last plant has 2-1,000w and 2-600w.

Keep up the good work!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
If you wanted to use the remaining 2 600's left over then maybe double stack 1 of them with the 1,000 in the middle of the 4 plants (Would have similar results to I believe it was Lost that has a single 1500W in the middle of 4 plants) Then double stack the other 600 with one of the 600's on the loner plant chillin off to the side, that way all 5 plants have at least 1,000W on 3 sides.

When I mentioned 6ft going in I was thinking of the other grow thread, how big are yours going in at 7 weeks veg? :O

M

mcattak

Thanks socal...

Seeds huh...Hope you find a keeper...What type of nutes do you use...

M

mrdizzle

ALLegal420;317516 IMO this would be a more efficient layout and better use of those 1000s and get rid of 2 600's... X=plant 0=1000w 6=600w __6 _0X0 6X0X6 _0X0 6X0 _6 In this layout 1 plant is surrounded by 4-1 said:
I gotta agree brother. You could probably find a spot to put those other 600w if you want. but I think this set up will give you better use of your light, giving you higher yeilds.

E

easypleasie

Looks like you're coming along with the build. Do you have larger pics? Hard to see those little thumbnails lol

I have to agree with the others on the lighting arrangement. How much space are you working with and are you set on using 5 plants? You have way more equipment than you need lol

Top Bottom