Thanks To Double D 5 Plant MPB

• Thread starter socalsinner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I think if you add a 5ton with your 33k one you will be all set. I know Mcattack uses one. Hit up jackmayoffer he is using one from greencoast thats also plug and play and cheaper. I think it has a better SEER too

L

Lost

What dizzle said.. With res temps at 65 from the very start, root rot will never happen. Once you get it, you got it and its going to hurt harvest. Thats why I dwc from when the clones root without flood tables. I also use 1 inch cubes and thats it. That way Im in a temp zone where the root rot cannot happen :)

S

socalsinner

I think if you add a 5ton with your 33k one you will be all set. I know Mcattack uses one. Hit up jackmayoffer he is using one from greencoast thats also plug and play and cheaper. I think it has a better SEER too

Thanks for the help diz Ill hit him up

S

socalsinner

What dizzle said.. With res temps at 65 from the very start, root rot will never happen. Once you get it, you got it and its going to hurt harvest. Thats why I dwc from when the clones root without flood tables. I also use 1 inch cubes and thats it. That way Im in a temp zone where the root rot cannot happen :)

Thanks Lost. Have you tried hydroton on a flood table? I was thinking my plants on top of the hydroton about (two inches or three of hydroton) then just flood minimal to avoid constant rockwool saturation. Once the roots drop just flood to keep roots wet? If this does not work Im thinking of DWC all the way too. Thanks brotha!

S

socalsinner

ome New Pics

Hi Guys. Getting ready still for the 10 kid 20K grow but here are some more pic... MK Ultra are the babies, Rascals OG i the mini Mom ... and the big Lady is one of 5 in early flower..... a nice root shot for you guy too. Thanks again to all of you who have helped me out and left comments. Peace

Roots
Mkultra
Ogmom
Kid
winta

winta

nice root shot! those babies are turnin into monsters quick :)

L

Lost

Thanks Lost. Have you tried hydroton on a flood table?

Yes, In fact I used to be and ebb and flo guy.

So my opinion on flood tables for MPB..

I'm not pulling punches here, I just dont get it. Why? Your doing DWC, do DWC. Why fuck around with something like a flood table? Its an extra unnecessary step. Clone those bitches and get them in their final home asap. I don't understand doing it any other way :)

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Jack is using 10 tons of AC for 30 lights.
5 tons is not enough.

S

socalsinner

Yes, In fact I used to be and ebb and flo guy.

So my opinion on flood tables for MPB..

I'm not pulling punches here, I just dont get it. Why? Your doing DWC, do DWC. Why fuck around with something like a flood table? Its an extra unnecessary step. Clone those bitches and get them in their final home asap. I don't understand doing it any other way :)

I agree. Im moving these babies in DWC soon but I cant have them grow too fast. I think Im a week away from putting these bitches in DWC. Thanks Lost !

L

Lost

BTW, for the record, I started my first MPB type grow in flood trays just like DD's, and it works great, but I don't top feed, so I don't really care whow well they colonize the basket.. I want it to colonize the tub!

Also my new coco mpb's wick up the water, so the top feed is un needed imo.. Then again there are alot better growers than me out there :)

M

mcattak

SoCal,

You will need a minimum of 80k btu for that 20k in lighting...

Just found out that the current greencoast a/c models are the same seer as the excel 13...They are plug and play but if you want to disconnect and reconnect them again you need the hvac guy to re do the lines...Excel air is plug and play and you can connect and disconnect without the hvac guy..Price difference is about 500 - 700...Greencoast is in LB excel is in canada...

mc

S

socalsinner

Thanks MC. 5 ton is 60,000 BTU. so maybe I can go with the Greencoast item and then get a window unit for the other 20k btu or more. Either that or buy a 7.5 ton split system and have my Hvac install for a grand. Know of any good 7.5 ton Split systems?

M

mcattak

Thanks MC. 5 ton is 60,000 BTU. so maybe I can go with the Greencoast item and then get a window unit for the other 20k btu or more. Either that or buy a 7.5 ton split system and have my Hvac install for a grand. Know of any good 7.5 ton Split systems?

Once you get above 5ton I think the voltages start to change ...If you need 90,000btu you DONT want a single unit..During the dark cycle a smaller a/c wont short cycle....Greencoast has 2 - 5 ton units...But if you decide to move the units after installation you will need to vacuum the lines...

mc

S

socalsinner

Cages went up

Finally put the cages on these ladies.... wont wait this long next time ... uggh. Shit getting crazy with these ladies. Im seeing explosive growth. 2 MKultras in veg look slow so im tossing them out the other 8 are keepers. MIght grab some Blue Dream and pop those two in. MC thanks for the AC help. Ill probably go for the Greencoast unit and a 22K Wall Unit.

Mkul2
Mon1
Mon2
Of50480480
S

socalsinner

AC

Once you get above 5ton I think the voltages start to change ...If you need 90,000btu you DONT want a single unit..During the dark cycle a smaller a/c wont short cycle....Greencoast has 2 - 5 ton units...But if you decide to move the units after installation you will need to vacuum the lines...

mc

Looking at two 30k window ac's/ I have the ability to use them and not worry about privacy issues. Know of any good window ac's? I have the split ac 32k btu and th additional 60k btu should see me off during summer huh>?

gisisi

gisisi

socalsinner said:
Looking at two 30k window ac's/ I have the ability to use them and not worry about privacy issues. Know of any good window ac's? I have the split ac 32k btu and th additional 60k btu should see me off during summer huh>?

Take a look at Friedrich, the manufacturer of DD's preferred mini-split.

They have the same cool features, such as heat pump, and ability to cool in -30*F outside temps.

Also expensive. If I remember correctly, the best deal I found on a 15,800 BTU was $1500. Pretty sure they have 3 ton units.

B

Boomer242

looks like im a little late but glad i got to read thru ur setup. things lookin legit in flower so ill be pullin up a chair and following. repped for the hard work

-subbed

S

socalsinner

Nice Work

looks like im a little late but glad i got to read thru ur setup. things lookin legit in flower so ill be pullin up a chair and following. repped for the hard work

-subbed

Thanks for the nice comments brotha. Went through your grow journal... sick shit. I love an organized lab lol. Any ideas on th best window ac's to add to my 32k btu mini split. I dont need an window ac with a heat pump just ac i live in socal ... God I love socal

B

Boomer242

Thanks for the nice comments brotha. Went through your grow journal... sick shit. I love an organized lab lol. Any ideas on th best window ac's to add to my 32k btu mini split. I dont need an window ac with a heat pump just ac i live in socal ... God I love socal

haha gotta agree in socal love.

thanks for the compliment. im actually gonna b researching ur setup more since i am moving into a warehouse for my next cultivation project and been following jackmayoffers grow using under current buckets. but now im seeing ur thread and other mpb setups so im consider all options for tree grows with vert lighting.

regarding the AC, u currently have 32k split AC in the room? how many watts total in lighting or other heat sources do u have?

theres a formula conversion for watts to BTUs so i can give u an accurate BTU requirement. i dont care much for window units at all. mostly cuz theyre small in size and not energy efficient. along with they exchange air (aroma and c02) so thats a security risk to me as well as loss of c02.

maybe consider doin a portable split AC unit? they sit on the floor (or large shelf) and have seperate ducting intake and exhaust.

32k btu AC is pretty good size not sure ud need much more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom