THC % in weed is misrepresented. It is not 20% ( eg) it is closer to 2 or 3% .

• Thread starter johnsmith_559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
beluga

beluga

All I'm hearing is that you'd like for it to be represented differently than how the field has chosen to represent it. Your thread is even titled as such.
I don't actually care to get into the math. It's a matter of semantics, not statistics.
Just because they've chosen to measure it by one method rather than another doesn't illegitimize what they tell you. It just sounds nicer commercially and it's up to the consumer to know what those measurements mean.
We could measure shoe size by foot length instead of standardize sizes. We don't, because the manufacturers chose something else. But I know that I when I buy a size 45 shoe, I'm not matching it to my 45" or cm foot.

Last edited:
johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

All I'm hearing is that you'd like for it to be represented differently than how the field has chosen to represent it. Your thread is even titled as such.
I don't actually care to get into the math. It's a matter of semantics, not technicalities.
Just because they've chosen to measure it by one method rather than another doesn't illegitimize what they tell you. It just sounds nicer commercially and it's up to the consumer to know what those measurements mean.
We could measure shoe size by foot length instead of standardize sizes. We don't, because the manufacturers chose something else. But I know that I when I buy a size 45 shoe, I'm not matching it to my 45" or cm foot.
ok . simple
the 20% thc that is rated on a strain is on the resin content not th4 plant as a whole .
100 gram of 20% thc rating is not 20 grams .
the 20% is relative to the resin .
resin content is between 10 to 15 %

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

ok . simple
the 20% thc that is rated on a strain is on the resin content not th4 plant as a whole .
mass is mass . either the 20% is right or wrong . ANY other mathematical relationship is not mass if the 20% rating of weed does not equal 20g

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ok . simple

this is incorrect and the source of your frustration (or just trolling at this point)

The thc (and other cannabanoid and terpene percentages) are by the total molecular weight of the plant matter and oil together. If its 20% thc. 20% of the whole mass is thc.

If we are testing just the oil from a concentrate it is still based on total mass but the mass is all trichome oil so the thc will be (for example) 60% to 90% depending on purity after extraction.

and thats it. The rest of what you are saying is not correct. Sorry.

Anthem

Anthem

I am not sure all the comments but the thc percentages are based on testing content NOT the plant matter. several sites are already aware of this .
I am aware because I know math but also as a licensed grower in Ontario I am required to do hplc testing for thc as well as pesticides and no I did not erase other thread.
There is something not right in your argument. I am looking at your response above and I believe you have made a terrible mistake in your own argument. Above you have answered you own question/argument. Above you have stated THC percentages are based on testing content NOT the plant matter. There is not way to argue your point based on weight without the plant matter. So in short, first of all, you are trying to start an argument just for the sack of arguing. Secondly, the percentage of THC is not based on total weight because testing content is not based on plant matter. It is simple math that you have tried to use in other posts but you messing this one up. You cannot use the simple equation that 100 grams of sample = 20 grams of THC because the 100 grams contains plant matter.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

this is incorrect and the source of your frustration (or just trolling at this point)

The thc (and other cannabanoid and terpene percentages) are by the total molecular weight of the plant matter and oil together. If its 20% thc. 20% of the whole mass is thc.

If we are testing just the oil from a concentrate it is still based on total mass but the mass is all trichome oil so the thc will be (for example) 60% to 90% depending on purity after extraction.

there is not 20 grams thc in 100g weed .
there is 20 % thc in the resin collected from that 100 g resin. show the math

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

There is something not right in your argument. I am looking at your response above and I believe you have made a terrible mistake in your own argument. Above you have answered you own question/argument. Above you have stated THC percentages are based on testing content NOT the plant matter. There is not way to argue your point based on weight without the plant matter. So in short, first of all, you are trying to start an argument just for the sack of arguing. Secondly, the percentage of THC is not based on total weight because testing content is not based on plant matter. It is simple math that you have tried to use in other posts but you messing this one up. You cannot use the simple equation that 100 grams of sample = 20 grams of THC because the 100 grams contains plant matter.
you can not have more thc than the cell producing it .
resin makes up less than 15 % of the plant

StoninStanley

StoninStanley

This makes the most sense to me, that the plant material has a much lower mass than the trichomes and oils.

Anthem

Anthem

you can not have more thc than the cell producing it .
resin makes up less than 15 % of the plant
You are trying to dismiss your mistake and you have been caught.
Go find another site to spam please. Your type comes to this site and causes problems like this about every month or so. Please leave.
I am going to tag in a couple of Mod's so they can choose what to do with you.
@Aqua Man
@logic
@1diesel1

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

here is a small system I put together for an elderly lady .a 600 w and a 1000w hps on movers . drip feed in bucket in bucket system. auto feed gravity return. she reduced labour from 20 hr a week hand water to 2 hour auto. she got 3.3 lb

Screenshot 20200317 124344 Gallery
Screenshot 20200316 195357 Photos
Screenshot 20200317 124429 Gallery
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
You are trying to dismiss your mistake and you have been caught.
Go find another site to spam please. Your type comes to this site and causes problems like this about every month or so. Please leave.
I am going to tag in a couple of Mod's so they can choose what to do with you.
@Aqua Man
@logic
@1diesel1
I'm honestly not very knowledgeable about all this so I'm not sure who's right or wrong but if he's wrong can you explain it? Kicking him off isn't going to do anything.

Anthem

Anthem

here is a small system I put together for an elderly lady .a 600 w and a 1000w hps on movers . drip feed in bucket in bucket system. auto feed gravity return. she reduced labour from 20 hr a week hand water to 2 hour auto. she got 3.3 lb
I see what you are trying to do, now you have made a post of a kind act that you may or may not have done, so that when the mod's read your post you can get some brownie points. Please leave and go to anther site. Your type are just around to create challenges that are unfounded.
Again tagging in the mod's
@Aqua Man
@logic
@1diesel1

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
+ Why should be be kicked off for being wrong (if he is). I've said stuff that I now know isn't true on here so should I be kicked off as well?

Anthem

Anthem

I'm honestly not very knowledgeable about all this so I'm not sure who's right or wrong but if he's wrong can you explain it? Kicking him off isn't going to do anything.
Please read my post #65. He stated the test is completed WITHOUT the plant matter, but in his math he uses the total weight of the plant.

Anthem

Anthem

+ Why should be be kicked off for being wrong (if he is). I've said stuff that I now know isn't true on here so should I be kicked off as well?
He is a troll, they come on here every so often and try to stir the pot just for the sack of it. I have no problem with the person just what they are trying to do.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

there is not 20 grams thc in 100g weed .
there is 20 % thc in the resin collected from that 100 g resin. show the math

lol. You show the math. Not the made up way you are figuring this.

If you test weed you get the percentage of mass. If you test oil you get the percentage of mass.

If 100 grams of weed is truly 20% thc then yes you would have 20 grams of thc. What you are able to extract is another fact altogether. You cant base your argument on that.

the weed claimed to be lab tested at 30% has trichomes all over the leaves and all. It has more than 30% of its weight in oil.

its simple really. You are stuck in a brain fart. It happens to the best of us.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

this is last semi commercial licensed facility. I bought the property and renovated the 100' drive shed . put in 4 45' lows 5' wide . 9000 w on floating ibeam movers . drip feed in promix. 18 lb every 2 weeks

Screenshot 20201105 195740 OneDrive
Screenshot 20201105 195611 OneDrive
Screenshot 20201105 195912 OneDrive
Screenshot 20201105 195714 OneDrive
Screenshot 20201105 195714 OneDrive
Screenshot 20201105 195549 OneDrive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom