THC % in weed is misrepresented. It is not 20% ( eg) it is closer to 2 or 3% .

• Thread starter johnsmith_559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yes . that also means a plant with a higher thc rating on the package can have less thc than another plant .
10 g weed at 20% thc rating but 10 % resin content has 0.2 g thc
10 g w33d at 15 % resin and 15% thc has 0.225 g thc

no. Still just no.

The test is always of total mass. If you only test resin then its the percentage of the resin. If you test the plant its the percentage of the plant.

I overthink everything and cant see how you are stuck on this. You are making up your own test parameters.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
but ...if there is skepticism then show the math. I do get mine tested as required by health canada as required under the licensing act . not just for thc but pesticides.

Im just gonna point out the fact that you said this.
Testing is ONLY a requirement for Licensed producers who SELL their weed for recreational use OR to medical patients.

ACMPR and MMAR cert holders are not required to have anything tested.

So you are clearly fluffing up your credentials to try and give your theory more weight. Im not buyin it.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

When u go to the weed store it tells u right on the container the thca content a means active, i have seen straight d line oil with a thca content of 90%/ this is bc of quality control as the product was sent to a lab and tested/ 3% thca is mostly in cdb/ the lab does not lie bro, for the life of me i dont understand what ur driveing at? There is NO dispute that today's cannabis is much stronger today bc of selective breeding.
yes in an extracted compound which is most likely correct .
a plant rated at 20% is not accurate.
a rating on an extracted product is correct

Anthem

Anthem

statement
thc content on package of weed rated at 20% thc is only on the resin content.
resin content is not stated .
rating system used presently is not consistent
if you believe the 20 % rating means that there is 20 g thc show where it is in the plant
I finally got it Mimed, it is the mass of the sample not the weight. Do 20 percent it 20 percent!!!!!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry I don't think I understand

you cant just make up percentages to support a claim. They dont test the trichome or shaft or just the oil. They test the whole sample and determine a weight percentage of the elements being tested

That way it doesnt matter about all the argument in this thread.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Can someone explain how the testing is done? Then finally we will get to the bottom of this.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Im just gonna point out the fact that you said this.
Testing is ONLY a requirement for Licensed producers who SELL their weed for recreational use OR to medical patients.

ACMPR and MMAR cert holders are not required to have anything tested.

So you are clearly fluffing up your credentials to try and give your theory more weight. Im not buyin it.
we grew for licensed customers. we did not sell to government stores .
we DID grow for our licensed customers who expected a quality product and as per our agreement we had our product tested at York university in north york Toronto.
we test for thc cbd Cbn and pesticides

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

does 20% thc mean 20 g thc in 100g weed ?
if yes were is it ?.
if no what does it relate too ?
but regardless if it is not the total mass of 100 g then my point is made

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
100mg of plant tissue is dissolved in methanol and injected into a gas chromatography machine which analyzes the liquid for constituent components. Its really, really basic lab work.
How does the gas chromatography machine work?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
we grew for licensed customers. we did not sell to government stores .
we DID grow for our licensed customers who expected a quality product and as per our agreement we had our product tested at York university in north york Toronto.
we test for thc cbd Cbn and pesticides

You havent answered my question, what license or certificate do you have?

You are not required to test anything unless you are an LP. period.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

100mg of plant tissue is dissolved in methanol and injected into a gas chromatography machine which analyzes the liquid for constituent components. Its really, really basic lab work.

wow thank you. I really thought i made this clear. Why the op is stuck is a mystery to me. But i think we are done here. ;-)

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

they do not use gas chromatography as the heating of the vapour degrades the compounds . hplc high pressure liquid chromatography is used ..
product separated .dissolved in lab grade methanol. spun to separate out compound by molar mass and put in chromatography column to separate in individual measurable compounds

Anthem

Anthem

they do not use gas chromatography as the heating of the vapour degrades the compounds . hplc high pressure liquid chromatography is used ..
product separated .dissolved in lab grade methanol. spun to separate out compound by molar mass and put in chromatography column to separate in individual measurable compounds
Some sort of Lab worker IMO. Just has something to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom