THC % in weed is misrepresented. It is not 20% ( eg) it is closer to 2 or 3% .

• Thread starter johnsmith_559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some sort of Lab worker IMO. Just has something to prove.

An excerpt;
"Gas chromatography (GC) is a widely used analytical tool for cannabis testing that enables potency testing, terpenes profiling, pesticide screening, and residual solvents analysis—knowledge that can significantly benefit the cannabis industry. With access to these robust testing techniques, companies can accurately determine the active cannabis ingredients, providing vital information in a competitive marketplace. This, in turn, builds consumer confidence and aids market growth."

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

they do not use gas chromatography as the heating of the vapour degrades the compounds . hplc high pressure liquid chromatography is used ..
product separated .dissolved in lab grade methanol. spun to separate out compound by molar mass and put in chromatography column to separate in individual measurable compounds

“product seperated”

Yes if testing an extraction

No if testing the flower

why are you so stuck on this? Was it worth your time to argue til banned? More than once?

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

now..ever use a carbon filter ?
my company TIBBITS AIR PURIFICATION in cobourg ont made the first activated carbon filter in 1997 .we made a triangular 20 lb refillable unit .we made them for ALLIES wholesale in BC . they were distributed across Canada. I sold 110000 between 1997 to 2003 . my first competitor was CANFILTER in 2003 the year my patents lapsed
if you grew weed in Canada between 97 to 2003 and you used carbon filters tiu used my 20 lb wedge or non at all.
I am easy to verify at home grown hydroponic by shelly the owner or sharon at hydro tech
I was known as jamie the air cleaner guy. company tibbits air
been in this bus a very long time .

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
you will need the molecular weight of oreos. And are we using original or double stuffed? Does flavor change results? Are they orange cream oreos or something?

You are really complicating this thread! :-)

Double stuffed and I REALLY want to add some milk to the equation...

Moshmen

Moshmen

does 20% thc mean 20 g thc in 100g weed ?
if yes were is it ?.
if no what does it relate too ?
but regardless if it is not the total mass of 100 g then my point is made
Try askin the lab you use I’m sure they can explain

beluga

beluga

Double stuffed and I REALLY want to add some milk to the equation...
Gotta percolate that shit first

milk-bubbles-out-of-a-glass-with-straw-sami-sarkis.jpg

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Okok if the bud is only 2-3% thc then explain why you get high off of a gram of weed but not off of 0.003 grams of distillate.
Or at least there's an extreme difference.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

now..ever use a carbon filter ?
my company TIBBITS AIR PURIFICATION in cobourg ont made the first activated carbon filter in 1997 .we made a triangular 20 lb refillable unit .we made them for ALLIES wholesale in BC . they were distributed across Canada. I sold 110000 between 1997 to 2003 . my first competitor was CANFILTER in 2003 the year my patents lapsed
if you grew weed in Canada between 97 to 2003 and you used carbon filters tiu used my 20 lb wedge or non at all.
I am easy to verify at home grown hydroponic by shelly the owner or sharon at hydro tech
I was known as jamie the air cleaner guy. company tibbits air
been in this bus a very long time .

seems can filters started almost a decade earlier. I only looked this up because restaurants already used filters before 1997.

Closing in on three decades ago, we created a design for a canister style filter that was suited for high airflows and unsurpassed air filtering efficiency. Portability and what seemed like everlasting life were also key features of this new filters success. We named it the original, “Can-Filter” for simplicity and accuracy and it did just what its name implied; the Can-Filter really can filter!

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Pretty sure thc is measured by total weight compared with the plant matter. So 20% thc weed is 20% thc by weight. I assume the oil in the trichomes is heavier than dry plant matter.

The percentage of thc in the trichome itself is a different measure and can be most of it.

And labs have no real standard of testing and growers give only the frostiest buds to be tested so no consistency tested bud to bud.

The OP makes statements that are not true to base this discussion off of. It is not worth the argument.

;-)

Which also suggests that if you test shitty overdried weed you will get a much higher thc percentage than good properly cured weed

Moshmen

Moshmen

seems can filters started almost a decade earlier. I only looked this up because restaurants already used filters before 1997.

Closing in on three decades ago, we created a design for a canister style filter that was suited for high airflows and unsurpassed air filtering efficiency. Portability and what seemed like everlasting life were also key features of this new filters success. We named it the original, “Can-Filter” for simplicity and accuracy and it did just what its name implied; the Can-Filter really can filter!
Beat me to it ! I used canned carbon filters in the paint industry prolly late 80’s so I call bs .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Which also suggests that if you test shitty overdried weed you will get a much higher thc percentage than good properly cured weed

no i dont think so. Water is not included.

But it does mean a smaller frosty bud will test higher than a larger one many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom