The Adventure Continues. 2016 Edition

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

@Blaze i had one plant of the Urkle wreck and 2 plants of the watermelon rancher. After reading your posts I think they are probly gonna be the most heady smoke. I'm gonna give it to my dad he's gonna be stoked on some good head stash.
They are both head stash strains for sure, glad you like them. Both have gotten us recognition on the medical scene.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Mendo i think we think alike lol i got purple urkle x super skunk seeds i am firing up for next season that is going to be a huge hit in my scene i think with my mendo purps x Trainwreck also i am going to steal the market lol
started light dep on my cherry pie about 2 weeks ago as well as other green house this week end
IMG4488
IMG4454
IMG4451
IMG4445
IMG4452
IMG4464

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Just got back from my good buddies wedding in mendocino. Really fun... @Paperchase I use the growilla bud every 14 days or so.. I use about 2500 ML per 300 gallon plant... I use a lot of it and have never had it burn anything... You could use less but since we order so much and get a pretty good price I use lots of it... Gonna go pick up the big bag of it tomorrow and apply it to both properties and then empty the rest of the bag into a 300 gallon horse trough and a couple 30 gallon black totes at the other property so i can reapply it in two weeks... It really helps make your soil better for the next couple years as well.. I got my soil tested this last year and had everything come back with the perfect amount of everything...I had a little bit low amounts of organic matter but i took the soil sample right before we blended in all the cover crops and I'm sure that raised the organic matter level a bunch.....
We had one of the plants with stalk rot die on me while i was gone.. Its been the worst plant for a month or so and i Have been really babying along but I guess it just couldn't make it anymore... Sucks to lose a 10 foot tall plants but its only one out of both gardens so its not even a 1% loss.... Shit happens

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Someone from mendo said that stalk rot can be caused by slugs.... they recommended getting sluggo ... anyone heard of this problem.. I think it was from overwatering before we got the drip system set up as well as bacteria in the soil or the old fertilizer.... any ideas??? @Blaze or @Seamaiden

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I personally think the cause would be over watering maybe next season try using 8" pvc pipe cut them in 12 " lengths and have 6" above ground have cuttings or plants growin inside them then transplant into final resting spot this will possibly stop water from getting splashed or just kept away from stalk i remember using 5 gallon buckets cuttin out the bottoms

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've only seen it once, and I personally think it was because I had a clone buried too deep, the crotch that was formed with the first set of branches was below ground. Possibly overwatering, but I am seriously stingy with my resources. I doubt slugs caused it as I didn't see anything indicating such, not even slime trails. I would say that Blaze has the most experience in this area, and the best advice.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We have had some pretty cold mornings for the last two weeks. I didn't realize when using all the soaker hose that most of it goes down and kinda stays at the bottom of the three hundred gallon pots even though the top is fairly dry. That mixed with me fertilizing every couple days and also having much better water pressure is causing the over watering. I think I am gonna switch the drips to 3 or 4 minutes everyday instead of 10. I still have a lot less of the stalk rot then last year but I want to totally eliminate it. Second round of light dep is amazing. The trimmers said its the easiest trim job they have ever had. (It was only colas for the first trim session). I top dressed with all the growilla bud and gave them a lot of it. :). Things are done stretching and everything should start stacking up soon.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

looking great ??? so how does the gorilla bud smell like ??? terrible i was told ??? and how much was 5 gallon pail of it

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

the growilla bud doesn't smell great... But its not terrible either... It gets everywhere when we are unloading and spreading it around the plants just like most powdered nutrients... We bought a 2000LB bag of it and it cost us 2850$ just over a 1$ per pound.. I think its almost three times more if you buy it in the 5 gallon bucket containers.....

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We put about 2500 ML of it onto each 300 gallon pot... We probably went a little heavier then recommended but its all organic and can't burn them so i figured it couldn't hurt :) Were gonna do one more application in about two weeks and then switch over to molasses and a couple finishing products...

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

nice dollar a pound might as well bag up couple pounds for me brother lol

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Yeah I'm down.. I give it to my friends and stuff... I put it on my garden bed at my house and the whole thing exploded the next week.. We put the extra amounts into the 30 gallon totes and keep it for whenever we want to use it

Paperchase

Paperchase

We put about 2500 ML of it onto each 300 gallon pot... We probably went a little heavier then recommended but its all organic and can't burn them so i figured it couldn't hurt :) Were gonna do one more application in about two weeks and then switch over to molasses and a couple finishing products...
Wassup wat kind of finishing products do you use if you dnt mind me asking ?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

lots of molasses and I use this one product called THE ROCK... super expensive and probably a rip off but it seems to work pretty good... I use it right after I harvest all the colas to get the second cuts to chunk up

BudBogart

BudBogart

the growilla bud doesn't smell great... But its not terrible either... It gets everywhere when we are unloading and spreading it around the plants just like most powdered nutrients... We bought a 2000LB bag of it and it cost us 2850$ just over a 1$ per pound.. I think its almost three times more if you buy it in the 5 gallon bucket containers.....
I bought 25 lbs for ease of application when my back went out. It was about $5. Per pound or $125. For the bucket.

Top Bottom