the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Every place has its own charm, Massachusetts has Cape Cod, but I'd rather be up north

This first song, well it's more a short comedy bit, describes New Hampshire to a T, and that's what I miss the most about it!

Hi Happy New Year from Nova Scotia. I have another question for you. I bought a light at a thrift store $10 a nice bright therapy light. I'm wondering if its any good as a grow light. Its an expensive one I found it on Amazon on sale for $119. What do you think about it?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi Happy New Year from Nova Scotia. I have another question for you. I bought a light at a thrift store $10 a nice bright therapy light. I'm wondering if its any good as a grow light. Its an expensive one I found it on Amazon on sale for $119. What do you think about it?
Hello Happy New Year to you too! What I think is that I need that light to shine on me for like an hour a day to chase away the winter blues LOL oh well not so bad, less than 6 weeks till the pitchers and catchers report to spring training!

As far as growing I'm guessing it's daylight spectrum which would probably work ok for certain uses?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello Happy New Year to you too! What I think is that I need that light to shine on me for like an hour a day to chase away the winter blues LOL oh well not so bad, less than 6 weeks till the pitchers and catchers report to spring training!

As far as growing I'm guessing it's daylight spectrum which would probably work ok for certain uses?
6 weeks before spring would be nice. Sure ball players and those in Florida will have spring weather but we get spring in June most years. No leaves on trees until then I bitch about it every year. I'll be needing that light over my head 15 hrs a day before it would get me out of the winter blues. Its like hibernation up here I need me some therapy lighting now. lol I talk myself into gloom, its a good thing I have a harvest to help.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

6 weeks before spring would be nice. Sure ball players and those in Florida will have spring weather but we get spring in June most years. No leaves on trees until then I bitch about it every year. I'll be needing that light over my head 15 hrs a day before it would get me out of the winter blues. Its like hibernation up here I need me some therapy lighting now. lol I talk myself into gloom, its a good thing I have a harvest to help.
Same here I haven't been to the beach in months, won't be going for a couple more unless we get a freak day where it hits mid-high 60s, the beach is not a joke in the winter, it's much colder than just a hundred yards Inland and you stand there being sandblasted by winds that you don't have just a hundred yards inland

We haven't had a normal spring since 2014, we go right from Winter Into Summer and we don't seem to have Falls anymore either? (a good side read would be 'grand solar minimum'), fortunately the media will not let facts get in the way of its favorite narrative

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Second Harvest of catnip today, kitties all a twitter! Catnip really loves, in fact all my veg plants love this inexpensive 20-20-20 it encourages unbelievable vegetative growth!🤫
20200103 073323

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You seem over excited this morning. Smoke a joint or something man! Thats way too many cherries! ;-)
Oh no not even close to enough cherries!!! needs many many more black cherries this shit is rude it's the strongest thing I've smelled since the real skunk back in the 90s, I wouldn't attempt this for a full run until I get my new filter in a couple months, normally I like the old school hash/Sandalwood smelling type strains but this black dog is just sick and I love it!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Shakin the winter blues! Did ya make to see yer lady yet?
No I've been feeling under the weather for about a week, think I'm starting to feel better. I think? I just realized last week when I thought I might be coming down with something that I forgot my flu shot but I didn't want to get it because I wasn't sure what I was coming down with if anything, had swollen glands and a minor sore throat but doesn't seem to have turned into anything so I don't know but I'm going to get a flu shot possibly today, but this week the latest need to make sure I'm not coming down with anything first

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey @Beachwalker i wanted to tell you even though you switched soil now that after the overfeeding and flushing multiple times in my little #3 pots and with old poorly draining ocean forest even infected with gnats (lol) and yellow stunted plants.....

The ph came back at 6.5 for all 3 plants. No ph adjustment done just added 5 or 10ml pure blend pro grow to the 150 ppm 8.0ph well water.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey @Beachwalker i wanted to tell you even though you switched soil now that after the overfeeding and flushing multiple times in my little #3 pots and with old poorly draining ocean forest even infected with gnats (lol) and yellow stunted plants.....

The ph came back at 6.5 for all 3 plants. No ph adjustment done just added 5 or 10ml pure blend pro grow to the 150 ppm 8.0ph well water.
I know I've been following in your thread, glad it worked out! I'm reconsidering the promix choice now that I found Fresh Ocean forest for $18.50 at that new grow store I'm thinking I'm going to go with a 50/50 blend of the Pro mix/ocean forest and then I'm going to cut that by about 25 - 30%. I've got a few in veg with this mix now and they seem very happy the only thing I've noticed is they hold the water forever!? I suspect it's the Peat in the Pro mix that holds on to it like that, in the summer heat that will be a good thing but right now I'm watering once every blue moon LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know I've been following in your thread, glad it worked out! I'm reconsidering the promix choice now that I found Fresh Ocean forest for $18.50 at that new grow store I'm thinking I'm going to go with a 50/50 blend of the Pro mix/ocean forest and then I'm going to cut that by about 25 - 30%. I've got a few in veg with this mix now and they seem very happy the only thing I've noticed is they hold the water forever!? I suspect it's the Peat in the Pro mix that holds on to it like that, in the summer heat that will be a good thing but right now I'm watering once every blue moon LOL

My recent 1 gallon transplant took 13 days to dry out. And the seedling in the last cup to 1 gallon took 6 the last time and 8 from sprout. She pulled right out of the cup by her little stem and held together with her full cup size root ball.

The fresh ocean forest is working much better than the last stale bag. The transition plants are getting huge fast like they used to.

its ocean forest with about 25% large #4 perlite.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So about five minutes after the lights on tonight I heard an ungodly noise which sounded like a mini Transformer exploding, smelt burning and my year-and-a-half old Hydrofarm brand Chinese POS thousand-watt ballast apparently blew out :/

it's still got warranty left but I don't want another one I'm going to go up that new hydro store tomorrow see what they have, I've got a couple in my Amazon cart which I'll pull the trigger on if they don't have reasonable prices at the hydro store I gotta grab a bag of ffof anyway but did not need this nightmare!

I haven't run at a 1000watt since my first year growing, I may just buy a 600-watt ballast I already have a brand new 600 watt HPS bulb so I don't know, always something :/ plus I just bought a brand new thousand watt bulb less than a month ago; starting to piss me off a little bit if I'm honest

Right now I have an old ballast running at 400 watts in there so I don't have to make a panic purchase, I can't turn it up past 400w cuz I'm remember it had issues and on the box I store it in it says don't run past 400 so I'm not going to push it, I'll have something new in a few days, maybe tomorrow, Thursday or Friday the latest

Last edited:
Top Bottom