the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks amazing! Do you have a Black DOG mother or do you run from seed?
Thanks! I keep a mother plant, it's pretty much all I've been smoking this year and it makes a fine black hash too, my only complaint besides it being a fussy girl (I'm still not sure what she wants?) is it takes forever to cloud the trikes up!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Thanks! I keep a mother plant, it's pretty much all I've been smoking this year and it makes a fine black hash too, my only complaint besides it being a fussy girl (I'm still not sure what she wants?) is it takes forever to cloud the trikes up!

Nice! I'd be really interested to see how using progressively colder water for watering during flushing would affect trichome maturity and leaf color.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So naturally everything had to be watered at 1 a.m., no casual watering mind you, this coming watering would require a flush and a recording of values of course, so foolish of me to think it would wait till morning in the first place🤦‍♂️
View attachment 925150

The kola's on the Indian bubblegum are finally starting to fatten up, the black dog takes forever to ripen, I won't even look at it for another month but I don't mind having that sweet, thick black🍒cherry stink around either! ;)
View attachment 925151

All the PPM was between 1000 - 1200 with one exception at 1580 which received an additional flush and came out at an even 1300ppm

the pH of four was 6.4, one was 6.5 and one was 6.6
Nice! I'd be really interested to see how using progressively colder water for watering during flushing would affect trichome maturity and leaf color.
Eh.. cold weather slows these black dogs down noticeably! I chopped them at 78 days in the warm/hot weather but I went 93 days in the cold

I've only run them three times, this is my third plant now, it's the one in the middle in the above picture

Moshmen

Moshmen

So naturally everything had to be watered at 1 a.m., no casual watering mind you, this coming watering would require a flush and a recording of values of course, so foolish of me to think it would wait till morning in the first place🤦‍♂️
View attachment 925150

The kola's on the Indian bubblegum are finally starting to fatten up, the black dog takes forever to ripen, I won't even look at it for another month but I don't mind having that sweet, thick black🍒cherry stink around either! ;)
View attachment 925151

All the PPM was between 1000 - 1200 with one exception at 1580 which received an additional flush and came out at an even 1300ppm

the pH of four was 6.4, one was 6.5 and one was 6.6

I need a scratch and sniff screen! Looks great I can almost smell it !

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I need a scratch and sniff screen! Looks great I can almost smell it !
Don't know why maybe because I've been up most of the night but when you said that for some reason it just dawned on me; I've got to chuck some Gunslinger pollen on a black dog next run!!!

Between Gu's Chemdog in the Gunslinger and the black cherry/charcoal lighter fluid of the black dog that oughta be ridiculous! 👍

Moshmen

Moshmen

Don't know why maybe because I've been up most of the night but when you said that for some reason it just dawned on me; I've got to chuck some Gunslinger pollen on a black dog next run!!!

Between Gu's Chemdog in the Gunslinger and the black cherry/charcoal lighter fluid of the black dog that oughta be ridiculous! 👍
I’m sure it was the scratch and sniff comment! Lmao

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is the black dog mother
20191229 144721

You mentioned temperature manipulation; I don't remember exactly what I did but I believe I dropped it to 64° during dark for 2 weeks and during that period I took it all the way down to 58° for three dark periods, this is what a previously always green plant, the GPS Gunslinger did

20190307 201637

Most of the buds were black and purple and some of the smaller lower buds were purple and gold as in the picture

Oddly during that same run I couldn't get the black dogs to do anything!? the leaves turned a yellow black like they are right now and the bud stayed green, in those pictures above with my sodium light on, the dogs are actually about that color irl LOL that's why I don't bother to drag em out for pictures! 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is the black dog motherView attachment 925325

You mentioned temperature manipulation; I don't remember exactly what I did but I believe I dropped it to 64° during dark for 2 weeks and during that period I took it all the way down to 58° for three dark periods, this is what a previously always green plant, the GPS Gunslinger did

View attachment 925326

Most of the buds were black and purple and some of the smaller lower buds were purple and gold as in the picture

Oddly during that same run I couldn't get the black dogs to do anything!? the leaves turned a yellow black like they are right now and the bud stayed green, in those pictures above with my sodium light on the plants are actually about that color LOL that's why I don't bother to drag em out for pictures! 🤣

Boy she is a nice plant. :-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Boy she is a nice plant. :-)
Thanks she's the only one that got hurt over the holidays she dried out significantly:/ tiny bit of die off on the bottom but she's fine, I have a clone from her somewhere anyway

when I get my new filter in spring I plan on having a set of dogs ready for a run, wouldn't try it on this old filter, I'm having trouble with just the one plant in there now!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So a week ago Monday I came down with a roaring head cold and I spent the rest of Monday, all Tuesday which was Christmas Eve and all Christmas Day pretty much asleep on Benadryl; didn't get up the mountains to visit the GF over Christmas..

So Yesterday a blizzard started and it's still going, it was raining & icing up here and still is, however almost 100 miles north she's getting over a foot of snow with intermittent sheets of ice between the layers of snow and it's still snowing, with the blizzard warning in effect till afternoon today up in the White Mountains; so I won't be heading north for New Year's Eve..

😫 🔫

Screenshot 20191231 043932 Chrome

Last edited:
newh

newh

So a week ago Monday I came down with a roaring head cold and I spent the rest of Monday, all Tuesday which was Christmas Eve and all Christmas Day pretty much asleep on Benadryl; didn't get up the mountains to visit the GF over Christmas..

So Yesterday a blizzard started and it's still going, it was raining & icing up here and still is, however almost 100 miles north she's getting over a foot of snow with intermittent sheets of ice between the layers of snow and it's still snowing, with the blizzard warning in effect till afternoon today up in the White Mountains; so I won't be heading north for New Year's Eve..

😫 🔫

View attachment 925843
yup,its shitty here.the roads should be better later. Happy New Years Beach

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sorry your stuck in the snow ! If I can remeber I’ll take some warmer pics for you today at work .
Happy New Year mosh!
It's not even so much the weather, I'm a New Englander, it's what happened last time coming home (and it's not the first time) I fell asleep in the speed lane, was woken up by the rumble strips!

Opened the window turned the radio up, probably slapped myself in the face a couple of times too, but nodded off again within a minute or two, and this was with a pint of coffee before I left and a pint in my travel mug for the ride :/ it was all I could do to stay awake the rest of the ride

I don't know why this is happening but it's not the first time and its scared me a little if I'm honest and kind of makes me hesitant to make the drive in any weather, I wouldn't do it in this weather today particularly without a four-wheel drive but it's the real issue, not so much the weather

Edit: and I need to water tonight or at the very latest first thing in the morning so thats a factor too, but more an excuse I guess because I scared the shit out of myself when I woke up at 70 miles an hour heading towards the wall :/

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Happy New Year mosh!
It's not even so much the weather, I'm a New Englander, it's what happened last time coming home (and it's not the first time) I fell asleep in the speed lane, was woken up by the rumble strips!

Opened the window turned the radio up, probably slapped myself in the face a couple of times too, but nodded off again within a minute or two, and this was with a pint of coffee before I left and a pint in my travel mug for the ride :/ it was all I could do to stay awake the rest of the ride

I don't know why this is happening but it's not the first time and its scared me a little if I'm honest and kind of makes me hesitant to make the drive in any weather, I wouldn't do it in this weather today particularly without a four-wheel drive but it's the real issue, not so much the weather

Edit: and I need to water tonight or at the very latest first thing in the morning so thats a factor too, but more an excuse I guess because I scared the shit out of myself when I woke up at 70 miles an hour heading towards the wall :/
That would freK me out to ! And I’m sure all ur loved ones will want ya alive! Lol
Still sux ya can’t be with the ones ya love this time of year! Or any time for that matter

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It did freak me out! and it's become an issue because I called her and made her talk to me for the rest of the drive home when it happened, and now it's always an issue so both of us are kind of not comfortable with it :/

And she won't drive on the highway, she drives back and forth around town and that's it and I must respect that because that's not going to change

This started back about 2010 when I was still living in Derry NH but making frequent trips to the Boston area because of a sick family member, and sure enough when I started dating mountain girl there it was again, same freaking thing!?

it's almost like a weird hypnosis because sometimes I realize it's happening and yet I can't stop it!? I've woken up realized I'm speeding next to the wall already over the rumble strip and yet I nod back off and it's like an inner scream that makes me wake up and I have to pull over before I kill myself and/or others!

I'm not even tired I don't take drugs and I never drink and drive so I don't get it, I'm starting to wonder if it's a medical thing but how could it be?

Anyway I'm done crying about it I'm not going so it doesn't matter. I wouldn't go up to the mountains today anyway, not without a 4 by

If I feel moved there's a get-together going on locally, but eh, I've retired from New Years eves a long while ago, they call it amateur night for a reason LOL Ive put in my time, believe me and survived them all but I don't need to push it

Latest posts

Top Bottom