the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I might have dodged a bullet on this one?? the spare 1000 watt ballast that I replaced with the one that just fried seems to be working perfectly at 600w

It now seems likely it was the bulb that was defective and not the ballast? Didn't have another bulb to try at the time so I just replaced both bulb and ballast via next day Amazon

I've got my fingers crossed but I may have just dodged (yet another) bullet on this one?!? 😥🤞

Edit: to clarify above post I was the one who had written "spare only" and not to run it above 400 watts on the storage box, also I probably will send it back for a warranty replacement and keep new one as a spare

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Everything's fine..! :)
Maxresdefault

I've only owned maybe half a dozen ballasts in my life and I have never had one short out like that, holy mackerel! It was a loud zap noise that woke me up in the next room!

It will get your attention! And then the burning electrical smell..!😧 I didn't know what the hell was going on for a few minutes LOL but we're back on track and the beach house is open, and I kept $89 in my pocket! 😁

Jamie73

Jamie73

Thanks for stopping by, no it's this..
View attachment 886619View attachment 886620

It was an add-on to get the bonus freebies, very popular bud down the beach, highly recommend!
I love single seed. Been using them for 3 years. No problems at all. Always crack and sprout and turn into great Medical plants. Nice to see someone from New England on here. I'm to the south of you in tiny island state.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I love single seed. Been using them for 3 years. No problems at all. Always crack and sprout and turn into great Medical plants. Nice to see someone from New England on here. I'm to the south of you in tiny island state.
Hello! :) My friend is moving to Rhode Island soon we were talking about it earlier today she keeps telling me which city but I can't recall right now (begins with a D?) she's anxious to move near her daughter and new grandbaby

Jamie73

Jamie73

Hello! :) My friend is moving to Rhode Island soon we were talking about it earlier today she keeps telling me which city but I can't recall right now (begins with a D?) she's anxious to move near her daughter and new grandbaby
With a D. Don't know that one. It's not bad. If you can afford to live in the state. It's so expensive, to be close to her daughter I would move to.. Is it Darlington?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

With a D. Don't know that one. It's not bad. If you can afford to live in the state. It's so expensive, to be close to her daughter I would move to.. Is it Darlington?
It is! LOL great guess!😃 I don't know many places more expensive than Taxachusetts?! in fact I can't believe some of the prices she was telling me for houses there, you can buy two or three of them for the price of a house in the area we're in now! 😰

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is a Gorilla Glue X gps Gunslinger cross: both started together from seed and transplanted and fed the same, noticed a difference between the Solo Cup and the 5-inch Square pot! (this is why I use 5-inch Square pots! :)
View attachment 925048

When I started a handful of these seeds earlier this year I culled them all because they were tall and stretchy and nothing I felt I wanted to grow

however I'm excited by the one on the left it looks very indica and not stretchy at all, this is it after up-potting
View attachment 925049

Tomorrow I'll be officially dropping out of the Solo Cup contest; I can't put a milk crate in the bloom room, if you've read previously in this journal you'll know I've been trying for a long time to get the milk crates out and to get my light off the ceiling..

So I'm finally there and I'm not going to change it: plus it's stretchy, probably end up culling it anyway, but I put it into a 6-inch pot today, didn't take a picture of it
Gorgeous lil gal

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Your stuff is all looking great man been a while since I caught up. She'll bounce back...
Thanks, she's just a little stick now LOL looks kind of sad, but she's got ten days to couple weeks to come back, it's just an experiment anyway I wanted to sample some of the various crosses I made, just peaked in before lights out and it's so crowded in veg :/ everything has to get pulled out and rearranged (somehow?) tomorrow to make some room

Jamie73

Jamie73

It is! LOL great guess!😃 I don't know many places more expensive than Taxachusetts?! in fact I can't believe some of the prices she was telling me for houses there, you can buy two or three of them for the price of a house in the area we're in now! 😰
You have no idea. Taxes on them are criminal. Closer to the water or wealthy seasonal owners the price. Typical RI

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You have no idea. Taxes on them are criminal. Closer to the water or wealthy seasonal owners the price. Typical RI
Nah she was showing me houses really nice for $200,000 you can't touch anything around here for under half a million! Few years I'll be out of here and back home up in the great white North, can't wait!

Unless you're talkin Newport? LOL haven't been there in a while! That's a beautiful vacation area, haven't seen those mansions in a while, used to go to the jazz festival there when we were young hippies LOL going to have to put that back on my travel list! :)

Top Bottom