the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:

Cloning Fiasco (again)

I really need to ask @Aqua Man about what the hell's going on in my bubble cloner at some point? but for now here's what I'm doing..

I'm using some of that fine perlite (will sift out the dust) two-to-one with vermiculite (the vermiculite acts as a wick)

I'm going to take these cuts from the bottom & put these in domed tray right next to me on my nightstand where I normally start my seeds :/

80° full humidity for 72 hrs
79° vents half open for 72 hrs
78° vents full open to finish

pH 6.5
tap water at 95ppm 1/4" deep in tray
17 hrs of light
23w cfl

Pics to follow 🤞

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Something like this..
20200115 121805

Plus I'm trying Serafina's double dip; cloning gel and powder, I don't know why?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I'm never touching that bag of perlite dust again hopefully this summer I'll give the Russian a nickel bag and throw it in his dumpster down by the beach I don't know how else to get rid of it I should have insisted Amazon pick this garbage up but trying to catch UPS is another nightmare but not as much as this company VIAGROW I'd recommend nobody buys this what the hell you going to do with it?? I wouldn't buy anything from this company but that's me

Screenshot 20200115 140509 Chrome

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm also going to crack one of my remaining seeds of blackberry gum from seedstockers

I wish it was easier to order from them I wanted to try their sticky monkey & couple of other things too but it's kind of a nightmare to order from them

I don't know why most Spanish seed companies won't ship to the US maybe it's their law I don't know but screw them if they don't ship here I ain't got time, when I make my 4/20 order I'll remember to grab a couple things from them get it all done at once

This is what I'm talking about..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Apologize if I sounded crabby today didn't mean it in a bad way I either stretched or tore something (hope it's just a stretch) where your shoulder meet your upper back picking up a plant of all things lol

Anyway this is what I got going now, in 3 days I'm going to pop that Blackberry Gum seed in that empty pot so hopefully in 9 days or so will have root action!?
20200115 191839

This perlite vermiculite blend is my seed starting mix, never tried clones in it but at this point I'll try anything lol it wicks water like a sponge; I have faith in it, plus I can change the water every couple days easily 🙏 🤞 🙏

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Black d.o.g.
(55 days my rear end!)

There it is at about 75 days..
2020 01 16 07 17 16 897
2020 01 16 07 18 30 465

I've mentioned before they have run 93 to 103 days, this one promises to be no different :/ didn't feel like dragging them out the shoulder is feeling better I don't need to tweak it if I don't have to ,saw them through my other scope they are how they appear in the yellow pictures :/

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Indian Bubblegum
75 days, same thing, but these finish a little faster than the dogs
2020 01 16 07 16 02 834
2020 01 16 07 18 39 216

I'm getting better pictures now because of this close-up lens that snaps onto the camera once you steady it you're able to get a decent shot, seeing the trichomes is one of the hardest things for me believe it or not

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That's crazy man 10 weeks in and that many clear trich's. Do you start counting your weeks when you flip lights or when you see first pistils?
It is crazy! I think I started it on 11/1, I start counting when I flip. I don't mind waiting for it, and I smoke almost nothing else but black dog, it's nice. My bitch is that the breeder says 55 days!?! 😡

707finisher

707finisher

UPDATE:

Cloning Fiasco (again)

I really need to ask @Aqua Man about what the hell's going on in my bubble cloner at some point? but for now here's what I'm doing..

I'm using some of that fine perlite (will sift out the dust) two-to-one with vermiculite (the vermiculite acts as a wick)

I'm going to take these cuts from the bottom & put these in domed tray right next to me on my nightstand where I normally start my seeds :/

80° full humidity for 72 hrs
79° vents half open for 72 hrs
78° vents full open to finish

pH 6.5
tap water at 95ppm 1/4" deep in tray
17 hrs of light
23w cfl

Pics to follow 🤞
What’s wrong with the bubble cloner?

707finisher

707finisher

Also you ph water in it to 6.5? Sorry I know you want to talk to aqua lol. He hasn’t been on lately hope aquas good.

edit, tried to pm you lol, getting ready to cut some clones and put them in my aeroponic cloner. Wanted to collaborate.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also you ph water in it to 6.5? Sorry I know you want to talk to aqua lol. He hasn’t been on lately hope aquas good.

edit, tried to pm you lol, getting ready to cut some clones and put them in my aeroponic cloner. Wanted to collaborate.
That's been the problem my pH won't stay set, it goes to 7 - 7.2 no matter how much ph down I put in it

my water gets kind of like a slimy texture to it and literal slime has been attaching to the stems, gets a little clear gel blob on it and I don't know what the hell is causing it?

You can check out what I'm doing here, had great success initially, can't figure out what changed?

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

That's been the problem my pH won't stay set, it goes to 7 - 7.2 no matter how much ph down I put in it

my water gets kind of like a slimy texture to it and literal slime has been attaching to the stems, gets a little clear gel blob on it and I don't know what the hell is causing it?

You can check out what I'm doing here, had great success initially, can't figure out what changed?

DUDE same happened to me!!! I thing it’s the gel, And keeping the ph lower, I dipped in clone gel then added clonex nutes, struggled to keep ph down, slimy etc. think it’s good to run that the first couple days. But it got bad after 3rd day and I got worried. I tossed the water and added new. Ph to 5.5-5.8. Added 1ml super thrive and 1ml grow nutes to the 2 gallon res. Roots came in 2 days after. The stubborn ones rooted in about a week. I noticed its easier to keep the ph lower, and the acid keeps fungus and algae from forming, after they had roots I added another 1 ml grow nute I don’t think it matters what as long as it’s minimal. I almost reused the same water for another batch lol.
I did have to check it the first couple days and add a tiny bit but it stabilized more or less for the next several days after that
this time I’m going to just use super thrive and 1ml grow, to compare, and see if it gets slimy and if it’s easier to keep ph down. Or maybe just plan on fresh water after first couple days and use the gel as well, I’ve read people using tap water ph to 5.5 and it works.
But 5.5-6 ph for clones is what I’ve been told, think aqua told me 6.0 once and since it seems to creep up I started at 5.5 and it was 5.8 when I pulled the last of the clones out

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

Also is light hitting the water? That can encourage algae slime, that happened to me in glass jars with bubble stones

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also is light hitting the water? That can encourage algae slime, that happened to me in glass jars with bubble stones
It's the same conditions that gave me 100% rooting in 12 days in the link above, so as I mentioned I'm not exactly sure what's changed?

Check it out maybe you can see something I'm missing cuz I don't get it I was getting 100% batch after batch and then it just stopped?

I'm not married to any method, if they root in my seedling mix I'm good with that too 👍

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

I did see maybe not changing the water, I know it’s a pain in the ass I had to figure out a sort of station for it,the ph aqua did say 5.8 ph, but if it’s not holding steady anymore, contamination? have you washed it out with bleach in between use? Just some brainstorms, your obviously much more experienced with growing than me, looks like you’ve had some really good success. I don’t want to sound like I know better than you, because I know I don’t lol. I read your clone thread, Idk when mine got slimy I washed the tub with bleach and rinsed, reset the water and stuff minus the gel. I didn’t do the lid cause the clones were sticking through. Just trying to help!!

Top Bottom