the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Get a drill bit or small long round object. Push the item of choice down thru the soil away from the plant. Don’t want to mess with the main root. But about 4-5 inches away from stem. Then role in a circle to they get a little bit bigger. Rolling stops hurting roots. Run fan over the holes and you’ll dry out faster
I have no idea what this means? What I'm referring to is that little white spot is possibly white powdery mildew. Aside from that I don't have moisture issues, I run a very tight wet/dry cycle

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Sometimes I get that same issue. So I was cutting the leaves off. Then it finally dawned on me maybe it's watering. So I continued my watering with fertilizer. Next day I went down and looked, Iow and behold white on the leaves around the area I watered from. I'm organic grower, it was left over reside from the fertilizers.
^ oh I get it! Duh! I got to stay off of forums before I have coffee, just saying LOL Maybe this will help?

Take a pot the same size as you're using and fill it up with the same Medium you're using and leave it dry and set it aside:

Then when you think a plant needs to be watered pick them both up and if they're just about the same weight then water

But if the plant is even a little bit heavier don't water yet, wait till they are virtually the same weight

Do this a couple times and you will learn a proper wet dry/cycle and it will help you in many ways including keeping insects down and keeping that white powdery mildew off of your plants, it's bad news, hope this helps!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

🍅🍅🍅🍅 are here..! 😊

Next to (and a very close second to) growing cannabis I love growing tomatoes! & more than growing them I love eating them!!

Gold foil wouldn't let me get a great picture but they're:

*early girls
*better boys
*Roma
*Parks Whopper Improved
(Whoppers are the best tomato I've ever had!)

20200121 142854

I'm going to start them at the end of March to have them ready to go out in the middle of May in root-riots/promix

I use Schulz - 20 20 20 and my tomatoes love it! And once in bloom I mix GH Bloom in with it and they were amazing last year!!
20190802 074934
20191016 092457
20190827 120610 001
20190818 181703

Think Spring! ✌😎

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

🍅🍅🍅🍅 are here..! 😊

Next to (and a very close second to) growing cannabis I love growing tomatoes! & more than growing them I love eating them!!

Gold foil wouldn't let me get a great picture but they're:

*early girls
*better boys
*Roma
*Parks Whopper Improved
(Whoppers are the best tomato I've ever had!)

View attachment 932334

I'm going to start them at the end of March to have them ready to go out in the middle of May in root-riots/promix

I use Schulz - 20 20 20 and my tomatoes love it! And once in bloom I mix GH Bloom in with it and they were amazing last year!!
View attachment 932348View attachment 932339View attachment 932341View attachment 932346

Think Spring! ✌😎
I'm going to try Mortage Lifters in coco with MasterBlend this year.

Currently I've got 4 Super 100's and 4 yellow pear cherries in Kratky bottles.
20200120 154614
20200120 154556

It's January. Amazing!

707finisher

707finisher

Looking great man! I love popping beans! Nice tomatoes to, I can’t grow them for shit here, not hot enough. Planning a small greenhouse for spring! Going to try some tomatoes and peppers this year with my new growing experience lol, I do peas pretty well, snap peas sugar peas pole beans. Etc :)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Looking great man! I love popping beans! Nice tomatoes to, I can’t grow them for shit here, not hot enough. Planning a small greenhouse for spring! Going to try some tomatoes and peppers this year with my new growing experience lol, I do peas pretty well, snap peas sugar peas pole beans. Etc :)
I always tell people who want to grow weed to start with sunflowers or basil. Get the bacis down first. With what you've learned I'd say you're ready for tomatoes.

Nothing like growing your own anything. Night and day difference.😉

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Don't know if you caught any of my cloning water drama in 707 thread but if you did you'll excuse me for not taking the lid off this yet again to take a picture
20200122 222301

Pretty sure these clones are all rooted; the singed cross that I threw away this morning from a previous tray had a nice set of roots

I'll replant one tomorrow, or at least put a little bit more food in the tray if I need to hold them for a minute

I noticed a jar of black dog had popped it seal so I brought it up and I'm giving it a sample, damn I like this dog!
20200122 220435

Its pretty much all I've been smoking since the summer, nice beach weed!

I've had my eye on a Red Paki from the nature Farm but more and more I've been missing that LA OG from Cali Connection, that's the reworked OG Raskal, damn that was nice smoke!! I still got a jar or two somewhere

I'm waiting for 420 seed deals, I've got more seeds than I know what to do with already lol! I want to crack the Gunslinger × Romberry cross I made last year next

Tired, lights are on but I watered this morning so nothing to do now, tomorrow with coffee I'm going to scope the girls again and post some trichome pics

I might grab a beer and relax in in the garden while I finish this joint of black dog, this is probably less than a handful of joints i've smoked this year, I've been hitting the black hash pretty good tho, don't know why I smoke so much hash in the winter? easier to smoke joints down the beach during the summer, maybe that's why..🤔

Screenshot 20200122 160513 Chrome

Here's one inspired by the annoying commercial that they play every 6 minutes 🙉 I actually saw this band in the 80s at the Metro over by Fenway

Let's play two! Which is also a baseball reference, eh.. baseball! 🤦‍♂️ staying cautiously optimistic that no cheating allegations are alleged against the bosox!?

Speaking of Fenway, I hope that cheating shit stayed in Houston, unfortunately that shit Cora didnt.

This scandal has really hurt my beloved sport, I don't blame the Dodgers for wanting to overturn the 17 championship, I don't know what's going to happen with that mess, very sad for all involved and more importantly for the sport

About three weeks till pitchers and catchers report

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

When I get a moment and more coffee in me I'll have to look up those tric pictures from a week ago or so ago just to prove these aren't the same pics LOL

Both plants went into bloom on 11/1, I don't see much, if any ripening at all from last time..?! 🤷‍♂️

BLACK D.O.G
Screenshot 20200123 060010 Gallery
Screenshot 20200123 055924 Gallery

INDIAN BUBBLEGUM
Screenshot 20200123 055419 Gallery
2020 01 23 05 53 00 416

🤦‍♂️

Edit: have two generations Black Dog backed up in veg the big one is going into bloom in about an hour (after I completely rearranged both tents 😰)

Probably later today I'll see what I have roots on in cloner and hopefully I can get the big Indian bubble gum into bloom tomorrow to free up some room 🤞 .. still keeping an eye open for wpm, the added room will really help the air circulation 🌬

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The good news dejour is that even with this weird pH rise these clones are definitely rooted
20200123 073351

Going to get them transplanted out today it's a bit tricky with this medium it just falls apart right in your hand but I have a trick with a sliced up Solo Cup that works well

Edit: I just checked and to my surprise these are only been in the cloner for 8 days LOL with all that pH rise drama I've Got Roots already! I'm going to leave them until the weekend, going to feed them about a hundred PPM of 20-20-20 for a total of 200 PPM

Last edited:
stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Awesome grow.

I don't know if your tomato lineup is set in stone, but if you can find room, Italian Sweets make the Mortgage Lifter look scrawny. Also, Pineapple tomatoes are hands down the best sandwich tomato I've ever had. Both available from Tomato Growers Supply Company.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Awesome grow.

I don't know if your tomato lineup is set in stone, but if you can find room, Italian Sweets make the Mortgage Lifter look scrawny. Also, Pineapple tomatoes are hands down the best sandwich tomato I've ever had. Both available from Tomato Growers Supply Company.
Thanks for the input oddly enough I was looking at mortgage lifters the season

I made the choices I did cuz we're having a hell of a issue with both early and late blight up here in the Northeast so I felt these were safe choices, plus I always grow Whoppers and a few Early Girls

the other two were kind of add-ons, better boys very disease resistant, I forget if the Romas are but I haven't grown them in a while and they were like a $1.19 or something so I had to grab a pack, I'll check out the strain you recommended when I get sometime later

Moshmen

Moshmen

I always tell people who want to grow weed to start with sunflowers or basil. Get the bacis down first. With what you've learned I'd say you're ready for tomatoes.

Nothing like growing your own anything. Night and day difference.😉
I do miss my veg garden especially my sweet corn! I will say food quality is definitely lower here in Florida than it was in home state of Mi. It’s just difficult to grow shit in this sandy swamp.
P.s. gonna try some of this sunflowers here this spring , got some giant seeds left over from up north

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I do miss my veg garden especially my sweet corn! I will say food quality is definitely lower here in Florida than it was in home state of Mi. It’s just difficult to grow shit in this sandy swamp.
P.s. gonna try some of this sunflowers here this spring , got some giant seeds left over from up north
I don't even buy the supermarket Tomatoes I only eat my mine, and I freeze enough to make red sauce all winter

I have sunflowers that grow wild out by the bird feeder but nothing like the ones you're talking about, hope to see some pictures!🌻

Top Bottom