• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE:

ROMBERRY/GORILLA GLUE

TRANSPLANTED

Scrapping my plans to run any more black dog or Indian bubblegum, both are equally ridiculous to try to ripen

Have close-up trichome pics of both from this morning, Indian bubble gum is ready and will be harvested soon, black dog is not ready; will post pics another time, just finishing work from early this morning, too tired right now😴

Have Romberry and Gorilla Glue sufficient for a run, and that's what I'm going with;

Both plants are nearly identical in size, structure and growth rate

Heres one of each, Romberry/Gorilla Glue
20200503 104343

Edit: so tired I almost forgot the mandatory Beach House song!

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

There's probably an equal or maybe better chance that I may shut down bloom tent for the summer and just keep some mothers in it

I have three weeks to a month to make my decision on this but it's very possible
✌😎

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Did you post your magic mix for starting your clones? I could use an upgrade in that dept. I'm doing okay but I'm only getting about 50% success, No issues with those numbers, lots of cuttings to take but I'd like to improve my %. I looked at getting a bubble clone set up but i'm stumbling along okay for now. I thought my box would help and it does once they're established but too many are giving up early on.
I used 2/1 Perlite to vermiculite in my mix, I had 50% rooted today, but I think one more is going to root so a little better than 50%

I do this way because I was having trouble in my bubble cloner and with my root riots too

Despite bleaching everything including trays, air stones and lines I've been developing that clear slime which is the kiss of death for cuttings in both processes

Had zero success in my last two cloning attempts before today :(

So that's why I've been doing it in what was my seed starting mix, flood and drain them everyday, hope this helps!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I get roots on them but it just takes too long. 3 weeks before I see any growth out of them. I needs me a fix. I can't be a legit pot grower if I can't clone effectively upgrade upgrade, wife says how much is this going to cost us? pump, fittings,neoprene tops,baskets, bucket & lid,plastic nozzles $75 or go to Amazon and .... looks like shit pump but its all there

I used 2/1 Perlite to vermiculite in my mix, I had 50% rooted today, but I think one more is going to root so a little better than 50%

I do this way because I was having trouble in my bubble cloner and with my root riots too

Despite bleaching everything including trays, air stones and lines I've been developing that clear slime which is the kiss of death for cuttings in both processes

Had zero success in my last two cloning attempts before today :(

So that's why I've been doing it in what was my seed starting mix, flood and drain them everyday, hope this helps!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I get roots on them but it just takes too long. 3 weeks before I see any growth out of them. I needs me a fix. I can't be a legit pot grower if I can't clone effectively upgrade upgrade, wife says how much is this going to cost us? pump, fittings,neoprene tops,baskets, bucket & lid,plastic nozzles $75 or go to Amazon and .... looks like shit pump but its all thereView attachment 968806
Just a heads up brother, that is a bubble cloner. The ones that I have are aeroponic and constantly spray the stems of my cuttings to give them water and encourage roots to grow. The choice is obviously yours, but aeroponic and bubble cloners are two different things. Again, I wish you well with it whatever you choose! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't know; I would think it was something with me, but I've had this issue with the black dog and the bubble gum to a lesser extent since go

I expect them between 85 and 93 days but here we are past 100 days, the dog is nowhere near done, the bubblegum is at least in the zone & I'll probably take it tomorrow

I'm about up to here with this crap, what the hell is different that these plants absolutely will not Cloud up?? 😡

Here they are yesterday..

Dog
2020 05 03 07 46 58 496

I.B.
2020 05 03 07 42 25 050

✌😎

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't know; I would think it was something with me, but I've had this issue with the black dog and the bubble gum to a lesser extent since go

I expect them between 85 and 93 days but here we are past 100 days, the dog is nowhere near done, the bubblegum is at least in the zone & I'll probably take it tomorrow

I'm about up to here with this crap, what the hell is different that these plants absolutely will not Cloud up?? 😡

Here they are yesterday..

Dog
View attachment 969013

I.B.
View attachment 969014
✌😎

I have had quite a few sativa leaners go 12 weeks before cloudy. It has always been worth it quality wize. I think some of the old school high develops (more depth to effects) with the longer flowering hybrids.

Most everyone pics shorter flowering phenos. Personally i like at least 10 week plants more often than faster ones.

I still think that is the biggest thing contributing to the loss of old school highs. A full canabanoid profile (not just thc and cbd) takes longer to develop and mature.

Just a theory of course but my 9.5 week gsc recently is super potent but has a flatter high than the 11.5 week trainwreck pheno of og kush x trainwreck. It has a blooming, creeping high and makes me giddy. And a more interesting smell and flavor too.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Man when I talk about the old school high people start talking about Bubba Kush or something like that LOL

I don't even go there anymore, and going forward I've limited my 1976 picture of the Colombian gold to twice a year & no more! (I've still got one showing left LOL🤣)

I understand the bubble gum running longer and it's arguably in the Harvest window right now

but this is what gets me about the black dog..
Screenshot 20200504 073101 Chrome

It went into bloom on 1/24 and you see the picture of it in the above post from yesterday, so I just don't know?? I'm just going to keep it aside for a while (if I run anything at all over the summer?) I'm bringing up some other strains, probably going to run Romberry next?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man when I talk about the old school high people start talking about Bubba Kush or something like that LOL

I don't even talk go there anymore, and going forward I've limited my 1976 picture of the Colombian gold to twice a year & no more! (I've still got one showing left LOL🤣)

I understand the bubble gum running longer and it's arguably in the Harvest window right now

but this is what gets me about the black dog..
View attachment 969015

It went into bloom on 1/24 and you see the picture of it in the above post from yesterday, so I just don't know?? I'm just going to keep it aside for a while, if I run anything at all I'm bringing up some other strains, probably going to run Romberry next?

Its your cut right? Not from seed?

Just a long flowering pheno?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Its your cut right? Not from seed?

Just a long flowering pheno?
Seems to be right? I started them from seeds years ago and they were all identical the 1st run, it took 86 days, they've always been like this?

I'm not knocking the smoke at all it's not only legit it smells unbelievable it's all I smoked all last summer down the beach it really goes well with the ocean

I just can't figure out the huge discrepancy I asked the breeder in an email but they basically ignored me

I think I know why not too many people are running it though LOL the few that I have talked to about it have made the same claim about it taking forever to ripen, and it seems to ripen all at once over a few days, I really expected it by this past weekend

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Seems to be right? I started them from seeds years ago and they were all identical the 1st run, it took 86 days, they've always been like this?

I'm not knocking the smoke at all it's not only legit it smells unbelievable it's all I smoked all last summer down the beach it really goes well with the ocean

I just can't figure out the huge discrepancy I asked the breeder in an email but they basically ignored me

I think I know why not too many people are running it though LOL the few that I have talked to about it have made the same claim about it taking forever to ripen, and it seems to ripen all at once over a few days, I really expected it by this past weekend

I didnt know the seed plants were all identical. There are usually 2 or 3 phenos even in the best seeds I have grown. I have only ever heard of that kind of stability.

I wish i could get some to try.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
The old skunks were greenhouse grown but outside as far a season goes.
No drug strain cannabis is done at 8 or 9 weeks. The drug part comes with over ripe flowers.
My kids are so hard headed, they have all the fancy strains and never fails that they harvest too soon. But then most folks just dont have the patience to wait.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The old skunks were greenhouse grown but outside as far a season goes.
No drug strain cannabis is done at 8 or 9 weeks. The drug part comes with over ripe flowers.
My kids are so hard headed, they have all the fancy strains and never fails that they harvest too soon. But then most folks just dont have the patience to wait.

I agree but it is most growers cutting early for profit or impatience in my opinion.

Very rarely does someone spark up a joint that blows me away. And you know instantly when one was grown and harvested right. Its more important than what strain really.

I have vowed to never cut early if at all possible. I did without knowing the first few grows then started experimenting with growth and trichome stages.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I didnt know the seed plants were all identical. There are usually 2 or 3 phenos even in the best seeds I have grown. I have only ever heard of that kind of stability.

I wish i could get some to try.
There's two Fino's that I'm aware of; two of the 3 plants were absolutely identical, one was a little lanky

I kept the two identical for quite a while and then I narrowed it down to what I felt was the better of the two and that's the one I have going now

Again the only problem I have with hso is why do they say 48 to 55 days?

And how many people chop around that 55 day point too? I'm sure many do

From 55 to 85 days I checked it nearly every freaking day the first run wondering what the hell was going on?? Probably checked it a lot the second run to, now I don't even look at it til 85 days

Breeder should just be honest LOL ..it could happen?!

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
There's two Fino's that I'm aware of; two of the 3 plants were absolutely identical, one was a little lanky

I kept the two identical for quite a while and then I narrowed it down to what I felt was the better of the two and that's the one I have going now

From 55 to 85 days I checked it nearly every freaking day the first run wondering what the hell was going on?? Probably checked it a lot the second run to, now I don't even look at it til 85 days

Yep its that flowering time bullshit. It had me all turned around at the beginning. They write it as if its gospel.

That would mean this plant is finished in 14 days... erm no.

IMG 2060

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

What kind of condition is your plant in after 60 days. I've not had your strain but most I've grown the plants have pretty well had it after 2 months in flower. 25 more days there wouldn't be much trimming to do. 😀

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What kind of condition is your plant in after 60 days. I've not had your strain but most I've grown the plants have pretty well had it after 2 months in flower. 25 more days there wouldn't be much trimming to do. 😀
100+ days

The black dog dried out last week and lost some leaves, the Indian bubblegum is perfect, looks like the last picture above

Latest posts

Top Bottom