the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheKushie

TheKushie

I it must depend on your needs. I guess that if you have. Little to risk fine save 160 bucks on pens. Others have too much at stake to find out if the pens are good or bad.
Amazon is a good place for products just have to search for things using the filter. I broke the glass on my cheap Chinese ph pen my own fault. But found a better pen which was only 12 bucks but no longer carry it and have similar one now for 55. Weird.

Moshmen

Moshmen

This Blackberry Gum by Seed Stockers went into bloom on 5/23 if you can believe it??
View attachment 1026582

I can believe it because she runs between 93 and 103 days and today is just around that higher mark, even though she's advertised as a 60 or 70 days strain I can't recall exactly but certainly not this long!!
View attachment 1026579

Even now there's hardly any amber, which is okay because she's a really heavy stone, some people even find her buzz "uncomfortable"
View attachment 1026580

this would be about the only strain I've tried that when they say "narcotic effect" I might say yeah a little bit..

Forgot to take a picture of the plant today this is from last week
View attachment 1026581

I have a grow Journal here called 'Blackberry Gum' if anyone's interested in more info;

this is what the buzz feels like, or maybe some old Ozzy
Nice work BW! Looks so tasty

Anthem

Anthem

Amazon is a good place for products just have to search for things using the filter. I broke the glass on my cheap Chinese ph pen my own fault. But found a better pen which was only 12 bucks but no longer carry it and have similar one now for 55. Weird.
Sorry but Amazon is full of false reviews on products, especially cannabis product. Buy it once cry once.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nice work BW! Looks so tasty
Thanks it's a fav for sleep! I grew it from seed and kept a clone. I've got an upgrade to my drying room coming Thursday so I'm going to put it in the dark Wednesday morning at lights out and harvest it Thursday or Friday

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Screenshot 20200917 224930 Chrome

20200918 075039

Saw a couple of bites on one plant over the weekend, ignored it hoping it would go away 🙏🤞🙏 -but I saw a couple of bites on a different plant last night🤦‍♂️ put the leaf under the microscope and confirmed it, going to get at it in a bit 😠

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Plants always look so much happier after a chemical spray for whatever ails them! lol
20200918 163037

these are not small plants, I used half a gallon of mix on just 4 plants; next time I treat them I've got some thick styrofoam sheeting I'm going to lay down under the floor pan so I'm going to pull it out and bleach everything first

By the third treatment they'll all be gone, I got rid of them in just two sprayings last year so I'm expecting equally good results with that spinosad product now

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Almost forgot, glad I took a picture of this odd Leaf damage, had it on all four plants and I've never had it before
20200918 104116

Can't say it's from the thrips but they're four different strains and they all had this identical issue on a few lower leaves

Soil is in range and never fluctuates, 400-500 PPM 6.4 - 6.6 pH every check

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Almost forgot, glad I took a picture of this odd Leaf damage, had it on all four plants and I've never had it before
View attachment 1032491

Can't say it's from the thrips but they're four different strains and they all had this identical issue on a few lower leaves

Soil is in range and never fluctuates, 400-500 PPM 6.4 - 6.6 pH every check

That looks weird.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That looks weird.
+1 ..& virtually identical on all four plants of different strains too? Only on lower leaves, never saw it before on my own plants until recently.

I've been unable to find any reference to it online. The timeline would put it concurrent with how long I think the mites may have been here

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

+1 ..& virtually identical on all four plants of different strains too? Only on lower leaves, never saw it before on my own plants until recently.

I've been unable to find any reference to it online. The timeline would put it concurrent with how long I think the mites may have been here

I would look to root bugs or issues. Of course i am going to look for root issues til the end of my days now. Lol.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Lol you know it! been in the ocean all my life on both coasts, but about 7 years ago I started watching Shark Week and I saw so many things about great whites on the cape, previously it was generally thought that they didn't come north past the Outer Cape, but then I found out they were spotted as far north as offshore Maine!? Eventually it dawned on me there's only one way there getting to Maine lol! ..they're going right by where I swim and surf..! 😲 I haven't been in the ocean since

Saw the houses in the background, and will take a guess: Near P-town? I spent a lot of time in Wellfleet as a small
child, and again in the 1990s-2000s when my brother owned a house there. Sadly, he has passed. Nice place though,
if you've got the bucks. Many of my childhood friends had family who lived up there, through the years. I do not
miss the sharks, either lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Saw the houses in the background, and will take a guess: Near P-town? I spent a lot of time in Wellfleet as a small
child, and again in the 1990s-2000s when my brother owned a house there. Sadly, he has passed. Nice place though,
if you've got the bucks. Many of my childhood friends had family who lived up there, through the years. I do not
miss the sharks, either lol.
Hello and welcome to the beach house and that was a fair guess! lol it's not Provincetown but I know P Town well, the first wife and I may God rest her soul used to vacation in P-town every summer in the 70s & 80s, it's the most beautiful perhaps even idyllic place in Massachusetts in my opinion. Regarding Wellfleet I sure do love the oysters! Freshest and best ever!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So next to last summer heat-stress plant is hanging, this is a Bubblegum × Bubba Kush this plant didn't seem to be affected by the unusually warm summer haven't tried it yet but it looks like it always does
20200919 131947

Conversely the Blackberry Gum from seedstockers couldn't be worse!😕 it's immediately going into the hash bucket she did not like the Heat it's nothing but foxtails and it seems unusually harsh although I grew it from a seed and not a clone so I have no reference point for that particular plant but I have grown this strain before and it was nothing like this; took a cutting might try it again this winter
20200823 090527
2020 08 23 08 26 18 892

The other summer plant was an hso Black Dog which thrived under the heat stress, white & fosty and it smelled like gas and glue🤭, first time it didn't turn black or smell like fruit at all and was a little bit fluffier than normal but that's to be expected but was a very pleasant surprise

20200802 073418

All three took from 90 to 103 days to finish even in the heat

Last edited:
ArrEll

ArrEll

So next to last summer heat-stress plant is hanging, this is a Bubblegum × Bubba Kush this plant didn't seem to be affected by the unusually warm summer haven't tried it yet but it looks like it always doesView attachment 1032882

Conversely the Blackberry Gum from seedstockers couldn't be worse!😕 it's immediately going into the hash bucket she did not like the Heat it's nothing but foxtails and it seems unusually harsh although I grew it from a seed and not a clone so I have no reference point for that particular plant but I have grown this strain before and it was nothing like this; took a cutting might try it again this winter
View attachment 1032883View attachment 1032884

The other summer plant was an hso Black Dog which thrived under the heat stress, white & fosty and it smelled like gas and glue🤭, first time it didn't turn black or smell like fruit at all and was a little bit fluffier than normal but that's to be expected but was a very pleasant surprise

View attachment 1032890

All three took from 90 to 103 days to finish even in the heat

Forgive me: I'm new at this. What does it mean, when your buds are "covered with foxtails"??? No good??

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Forgive me: I'm new at this. What does it mean, when your buds are "covered with foxtails"??? No good??
This is a foxtail
Screenshot 20200919 210953 Photo Editor

they can be caused by various issues these were caused by heat stress.

They're not necessarily a bad thing but in this case this plant did not fare well with the heat stress
Screenshot 20200919 211315 Chrome

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

You can see that effect on some of the buds with my recent grow of G13 Haze, a sativa-dominant with mostly tropical ancestry (Hawaii). I don't see it as a problem. The buds still had nice density they just had some of the protuberances stemming from them. Didn't have any of that airy effect you might see with Latin American landraces.

IMG 7710
IMG 7712
IMG 7718
Top Bottom