the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Black Lab

Black Lab

Hey Sea you have probably tried nematodes for your FG already but they might help. I am off today and getting an easy start to the day. The sun is out and I'm going to head to Starbucks for a vanilla latte.
I was out in Dana Point last weekend at a nice sushi place. We had our dinner and were having desert and finishing a little sake when this couple came in. She was so drunk the guy had his arm around her shoulder and was holding her up as they walked to the table. She was shit faced. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later she gets up staggers towards the door and proceeds to throw up behind the hostess station. This morning I am listening to a news story about a secret service agent over in Amsterdam with the President who got so drunk he could not get his hotel door open and passed out in the hallway. I wonder if he had his gun. Probably. This just blows my mind that weed is illegal and alcohol is legal. Is that F'n crazy? All these people drinking life fish and making decisions that effect us all is frightening.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Evening, y'all! Another busy day down here in the deep south, until it started to rain. Oh well that gave me a chance to harvest & hang one of my plants.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Cm1

Been at it a long time..

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

One day... one day I'll have more than a 100' wide HOA from hell reined patch of ground...
one day.

*sigh*

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Morning folks!

So, I'm falling asleep on the sofa last night when Dave tells me, "Oh, your mom just posted a picture of the big tv in their livingroom fallen over. I guess there's been a pretty big earthquake."

Fucking pretty much right in La Habra and Brea. With the mapping technology we have and the USGS EQ mapping, I was able to precisely locate all the earthquakes, down to the individual HOUSE. Freaky, completely and totally freaky, fortunately everyone I know down there is OK, but there's a bit of damage.

Anyone else in So Cal feel it?

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Morning, y'all! It's a wet one today so I get to F/O indoors.:D
Seamaiden glad to hear your Mom is OK. Positive thoughts & prayers for all affected by this shaker.

Black Lab

Black Lab

Good morning Farm, yes a little shaking last night around 9:20 or so. I was just coming back from taking the dogs out for a pee when my front metal gate started to shake. Lasted about 20 seconds, not too bad in Laguna.

Cort

Cort

Very very mild in the low desert. Could have been a truck going down the road if it didnt last so long.

On another note... I got schooled Noob style in the kitchen this morning. I set out to make 6 loaves of zucchini bread so I purchased everything I needed yesterday. Went to make my bread this morning and tripled the recipe like a good boy. Pour into the pans and realize recipe is for one, but I always just make a double batch automatically.

Here I am with only 3 loaves. :banghead:

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Been a busy day, here.
Thought of y'all out the on the West coast. Just hoping things are ok.
:)

inthegorge

inthegorge

Good morning farm:-) Today is the last crunch day before inspection by the state:eek: So much still to be done!!! Security cameras are the biggest issue but they are coming together. Tomorrow at about 2:00 the state inspector comes and I REALLY hope all our hard work is good enough for them to pass us. They are only focusing on security cameras, alarm systems, that our scale is operational and that our layout is the same as we said it would be, That should be a walk in the park:-)

Springtime in Maryhill is the most wonderful time of the year.....apricots have been in bloom for about a week and now the lovely pink blossoms of the peaches are popping:-) They grow over 40 varieties of peaches here! Threw in a photo of some blossoms and our church build in 1888.
IMG 08261
Cherries are not far behind and there are just varying shades of white, cream, and about 5 shades of pink canopies everywhere you look! Gorgeous:-)

Hope everyone is safe and cozy with the landslides, earthquakes and flooding mother nature throws at us!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We have our first baby chick!! Discovered yesterday around 5pm, I'd gone out to see to the chickens and double check my brooding hen. Found her under the nest box and sure enough, heard a little peeper. Had to grab the hen to put her back on the nest because there are 7 other eggs that need to be brooded still, and when I grabbed her oh my GOD did she curse me up a STORM! And the little peeper bolted, of course right out of the broody pen and between my legs, I thought I was gonna step on it or it was going to end up being caught by the other hens and pecked to death, which would have sucked ass because the granddaughter was standing right there.

She keeps saying she wants to hold it, and I keep telling her, "YOU go ahead and get it out from under that hen!" She hasn't quite got the moxie for it yet.

I'd be on peeper
Y'all feel that Quake in La?? Be safe California!
Not in LA, it's centered in the La Habra/Brea area, a good 25-30mi from LA proper. My old stompin' grounds. I've mapped it down to businesses and homes. Got a discussion going in the La Habra FB page, a lot of folks are pretty rattled.

What's freaking me out is that I didn't realize that there's a fault that runs damn near right underneath my parents' house (that they're putting on the market), it's the Elsinore fault, Whittier zone or something like that. The quakes are on an unmapped or unknown fault that's directly perpendicular to the Elsinore fault. Put that together with what some geologists are saying (that these may be precursor quakes, not *the* quakes) and there may be a HELL of a quake on its way. I've asked my folks to double check their emergency supplies and not let ANYONE sleep in the rooms that are adjacent to their old brick double-fireplaces (when the house was built back in '42 they built a single huge chimney/fireplace thing, with an indoor fireplace and an outdoor fireplace that's now enclosed).

My dad was kinda blowing me off yesterday until I got him to make the appropriate selections on the USGS map, and then he got really quiet.

See, he and my mom also own a property in a desert area called Flamingo Heights, it's very close to a small town called Yucca Valley. Yucca Valley lies north of Palm Springs and south of Twenty-nine Palms. My folks' place is accessible via Old Woman Springs Road. It was discovered after the Landers quake of '91 that Old Woman Springs Road, the only road you can take out to a HUGE swathe of desert, IS an earthquake fault.

They had my boys out at their place for that quake, and my mother tells me that my father lost his gourd. He was sleeping with the boys when it hit, and she said he kept hollering, "This is it! It's the end of the world!" My kids were something like 3 & 7yo. At the time the quake hit, my ex-husband and I were at a public radio station out in Burbank, and we felt it strongly.

I was living in east San Diego county during the Northridge quake, and I felt it while I was getting ready for work. My oldest boy has been through every major So Cal quake since Whittier Narrows (we lived in Uptown Whittier for that one, oh boy that one was lovely), so for him they're practically amusement rides. Not for his mom!

Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
We have our first baby chick!! Discovered yesterday around 5pm, I'd gone out to see to the chickens and double check my brooding hen. Found her under the nest box and sure enough, heard a little peeper. Had to grab the hen to put her back on the nest because there are 7 other eggs that need to be brooded still, and when I grabbed her oh my GOD did she curse me up a STORM! And the little peeper bolted, of course right out of the broody pen and between my legs, I thought I was gonna step on it or it was going to end up being caught by the other hens and pecked to death, which would have sucked ass because the granddaughter was standing right there.

She keeps saying she wants to hold it, and I keep telling her, "YOU go ahead and get it out from under that hen!" She hasn't quite got the moxie for it yet.

I'd be on peeper

Not in LA, it's centered in the La Habra/Brea area, a good 25-30mi from LA proper. My old stompin' grounds. I've mapped it down to businesses and homes. Got a discussion going in the La Habra FB page, a lot of folks are pretty rattled.

What's freaking me out is that I didn't realize that there's a fault that runs damn near right underneath my parents' house (that they're putting on the market), it's the Elsinore fault, Whittier zone or something like that. The quakes are on an unmapped or unknown fault that's directly perpendicular to the Elsinore fault. Put that together with what some geologists are saying (that these may be precursor quakes, not *the* quakes) and there may be a HELL of a quake on its way. I've asked my folks to double check their emergency supplies and not let ANYONE sleep in the rooms that are adjacent to their old brick double-fireplaces (when the house was built back in '42 they built a single huge chimney/fireplace thing, with an indoor fireplace and an outdoor fireplace that's now enclosed).

My dad was kinda blowing me off yesterday until I got him to make the appropriate selections on the USGS map, and then he got really quiet.

See, he and my mom also own a property in a desert area called Flamingo Heights, it's very close to a small town called Yucca Valley. Yucca Valley lies north of Palm Springs and south of Twenty-nine Palms. My folks' place is accessible via Old Woman Springs Road. It was discovered after the Landers quake of '91 that Old Woman Springs Road, the only road you can take out to a HUGE swathe of desert, IS an earthquake fault.

They had my boys out at their place for that quake, and my mother tells me that my father lost his gourd. He was sleeping with the boys when it hit, and she said he kept hollering, "This is it! It's the end of the world!" My kids were something like 3 & 7yo. At the time the quake hit, my ex-husband and I were at a public radio station out in Burbank, and we felt it strongly.

I was living in east San Diego county during the Northridge quake, and I felt it while I was getting ready for work. My oldest boy has been through every major So Cal quake since Whittier Narrows (we lived in Uptown Whittier for that one, oh boy that one was lovely), so for him they're practically amusement rides. Not for his mom!

Hummm
I lived in Johnson Valley in 85/86,
right after I got out of Georgia;
and I had things down on shelves from this new La Habra quake--
recorded on this computer:
Waveform1

Last edited:
Black Lab

Black Lab

Good morning Farm, I'm watching the morning news and I am surprised by how much damage the quake did in La Habra and Fullerton. I felt one good jolt in Laguna but no damage. The Puente Hiils Thrust is what they're calling it.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Morning, y'all! Cool but sunny today. Yesterday we had between 2-1/2" to 3" of rain. My maters & beans are loving it. Y'all have a great weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom