the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is Richard Branson funding a cannabis legalization proposal in California for 2014 or was that an April fools?
I thought he had put up some funding, but honestly I'm drawing a blank right now. Google! Gewguhl. Goo gohl.

Here's what I've found that's the most solid lead or hit:

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Are they as slimey as other mackerel?

yeah they're slimey. Most fish are they have a natural layer of slime for protection. It's a good practice if your into catch and release to wet your hand before handling them that way you dont take to much slime off and it's a little easier to get off your hands.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some fish are far slimier than others. Koi/carp/goldfish, for example, are among the slimier FW fishes. All fish have a natural layer of slime on them. Did you know that parrotfishes make a slime bubble to sleep in?

B

boo

ain't nuthin slimier than an eel...try grabbin one on the bottom of the boat...

mornin folks...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hagfish, IIRC, generate a HUGE amount of slime.

The slime only bothers me if someone is proposing to eat it.

Cort

Cort

ain't nuthin slimier than an eel...try grabbin one on the bottom of the boat...

mornin folks...
Sting/ manta rays come close. Was catching them hand over fist in SF Bay a few years back. Good fighters.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Check this pic of a sierra mack out drifting,
sierra-cindy-from-oregon-3-14-small-tags.jpg

look familiar?Mackerel are crazy,one of my favorite fish,wahoo are even in the mackerel family.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Long time since I've said hi. Hi! Coffee in the cup trying to keep up on the chores... Lots of things going on this year and really I need to be putting in 30hr days right now. I've got projects I'm getting really excited about this year. Fun.

I hope all made it out of the quakes of late with everything important. Just saw Chile got slammed last night.
Little chick babies are indeed the cutest things. Puppies are right there too of course.
Kendo- I don't know what I like more, your big ole' girls from years ago or that badass ponytail you got.
Drifting- you eat that keeper yet?
Boo- I thought not messing with them was the way to go because of how many varieties are electric down in the Gulf.... I would always just cut the line and reset. Slimy fuckers I'm sure.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Saltwater cats are pretty slimey too. I'd cut those off no problem not worth saving the hook. If they stick ya with a fin it will mess you up too there's toxin on them.
Check this pic of a sierra mack out drifting,
sierra-cindy-from-oregon-3-14-small-tags.jpg

look familiar?Mackerel are crazy,one of my favorite fish,wahoo are even in the mackerel family.

Nice one Fish! My biggest is a 51 inch King I caught down in Naples. Had that sucker smoked it was killer!

Drifting13

Drifting13

Kings dont have spots like that it's a Spanish or Cero mackeral. Nice catch though they are some toothy critters! Making me jones for some fishing.
Thanks for that bit of info. Spanish & Kings are both running through the area. Hope to be going back out Fri.
Fishwhistel, thanks much for the picture!

Last edited:
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
BudMuncher, when ever I hook a catfish I let it have the hook, they're cheap.

Yeah I hate those slimy fuckers. Then they like to flop and role and slime up 3ft of your line gotta whip it in the water just to get that off. Nasty cats!

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Hey Farmers!
Just dropping in for a spell. Got a nasty sinus cold & I'm grumpy(no smoke for now, gotta get better).

Still watching that fault line, still thinking of everyone.
Oh & wouldn't you know it, now that I have some nice soil to transplant my babies into, half of them flip to boys, the others are starting to bloom at less than 6". I just hope they will be worth growing out for junk smoke later. At least the one I babied is getting full & pretty.
*sigh... * I guess I'll start over.
At least I have other seeds to work with. Lesson learned... don't get bed ridden for two days while the kids sit outside.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I know I am a bit late but I do hope everyone is alright after the quake. I remember the one in '10 on Easter Sunday. It was centered in Mexico but the shockwaves were felt up into San Diego. I was at a friends house and we both thought a truck was rolling by until the shaking wouldn't stop and items on his shelves started falling over.

I hope everyone else is doing ok too. Here is to a good day for all. Enjoy that spring has finally sprung.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Hit that sinus infection with a nasal saline rinse. Saline rinses saved my ass twice this winter.

She is wearing a trash bag in the first picture- my kind of girl.

B

boo

mornin folks...it's off to the gym for both dutch and I...my session begins at 11:00 and his at 5:00...I get my ass kicked at both...try holding a 100 lb. dog hell bent on eating the bad guy while he's trying to run away...I gotta hold both...not an easy task...y'all enjoy

Latest posts

Top Bottom