the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Morning!

Have any outside growers ever had this problem:

Weather warms up, sun everywhere, seeds popping out the wazoo.
Suddenly, complete rainy weather. Overcast & rainy, little plants start budding & flowering too early. Boys show up everywhere.

*sigh*
Been plucking today.
Good thing there are always more seeds... & more sunshine.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Mornin Kit. :)
Im finding male preflowers on some of my early outside stuff.
I think that is normal...I hope the females dont flower early..so far i dont see any hairs...only boys showing so far

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all! Yard work is done for the day. Now it's grooving time. Y'all have a great weekend.

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

I've been feeling unwell(sinues from hell), so I couldn't do much this week.
When I got out, I found the boys... and hairs all over the place. Girls... short little young girls.
Oh well. I'll let them finish out & get the next ones started, I guess. They were only for cloning practice anyway.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning folks. Dave's at another half marathon down in Elk Grove today. I gave up on the rest of the clutch hatching and tossed all the eggs. I felt so horrible with each one being tossed! But there were no signs of life, so it had to be done.

We went to see Johnny Winter last night. I feel awful saying it, but it was probably one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I'm not sure if he's really able to walk on his own, but he's got no voice left, he and the other guitarist were playing to two completely different bands, whoever was doing the soundmixing SUCKED because the high end was COMPLETELY blown out. In fact, it was so blown out that I couldn't fully appreciate just how badly they were playing until I finally put in ear plugs, then I could hear the true awfulness. If we had paid for the tickets and not gone via invite from the neighbors, we would have left after the third song.

The OPENING act, however, OH MY GOD! There's this local kid I've never heard of, Lightning Boy, and holy shit can this kid put out some licks! He looks to be all of 14yo, and apparently he lives in my town. If you like the blues, this is your boy.

Pisces

Pisces

Morning fellow Farmers!
Another beautiful day again today!

Sea, sorry to hear the concert sucked…. that's too bad.
We went and seen the Reverend Horton Heat the other night and that Old Man can still pick like no other!

Love me some true greasy Rockabilly from time to time.

Hope everyone's rest of the weekend is an awesome and epic one.
Peace, Pisces

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Sea, sorry to hear the show was such a bummer. I have certainly been to my share of poor shows, a number of which I did in fact pay for. I can never really fault anyone too much, everyone is entitled to have a bad day or a poor showing, we all have those moments. Doesn't make it any less a bummer. Hopefully the next time you are at a show it will be better.

I hope all the Farmers are having a nice day. I am glad we are finally getting some real spring weather.

Drifting13

Drifting13

Before I say something that might get me banned...I'll be back in a week....maybe.

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Hello all!
Drift, I do hope things are well with you.
*positive thoughts*

Well, it's been two days of rain & I'm very happy with the results. Plants are showing me how much they love it & growing up fast! I hope everyone's babies are so happy.

Well, I'm off to brew more Java, try to learn a bit more from the forums, and get ready for Game of Thrones tonight.
*OooooOOOo... geeky grin*

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

What I did today....
Elk 2014

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually, what you did yesterday morning. Then you got home and SLEPT. :D I think you did a fantastic time, too.

What are we going to have for dinner since we've got grandchild here for the week?

This week we have our granddaughter during her spring break (isn't called Easter break any more :( ). One of the things I want to do with her is make SOAP! Also art, and probably lots and lots of make-up play time. She'll also probably want to watch Wizard of Oz so much I'll wanna puke, but hey, that's what memories are made of.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Mornin Seamaiden and the farm :)
Nice work Pinegrovedave!
I was shearing goats and digging holes and setting posts in the holes for a little barn im plan to erect
oh and mowing the weeds too.
I was sore last night...but I feel purrtty good today

Hey Sea ; has she seen Frozen?
Our grandkids watch that a lot!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has. :o

putembk

putembk

Hey Farmers, another week. Gonna be a busy one for this old geez. Going fishing before the water gets stained from runoff. Harvest later this week and will be starting the veggie garden with cold weather plants as well. Ahhh....another spring/summer in the Colorado mountains. Gonna try and enjoy this one as much as I can. Every year I seem to get a little slower but still have enough energy left to make this year a good one.
Gonna go down and spray for bugs, do a little maintenance in the garden and take a good 2 hr hike this afternoon. Hope all have a good day.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey gardeners!
Well, I got my greenhouse budget(cash-lol)...
it's SO GAME ON!
Been nailing down the details all morning. I'm so excited!
My two fav things... building stuff & gardening... oh *SQUEEEE!!*

Hugelike
Huge "like" ^^

Top Bottom