The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Using the light meter app shows its pretty bright in here. Interestingly, MH are at 1K each, and LED are at 65%, and I'm getting very similar lux levels. DLI is as high as I've ever rocked it at this stage, I think that's why they're eating so much more.

1000w MH @24"View attachment 1191778View attachment 1191776
LEDs at 65%, @ 24"
View attachment 1191777View attachment 1191775
what app is this? thats something i haven't done and really focused on. I've been just going by the 2ft recommendation lol!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Consider this a Masterclass. This is University level understanding of the interreletationship between all the different variables that affect the growth of cannabis, distilled into one easy to understand video. I try to apply these basic principles as best as I can.

It's long but super worth it.

this was such benefecial video. Allot of my mistakes could of been avoided when i was in soil. lol!!
Still learned allot. thx!!

Madmax

Madmax

Awesome..thats quite abit to take in .my heads hurtin a little.....what PK said about app...will it work with android tablet.i liked when it got halfway through and started on the media .using peat,vermiculate.dolomite and gypsum ..this is something that i would like to try...

Thanks dirtbag for the vids..appreciate it lots..

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Awesome..thats quite abit to take in .my heads hurtin a little.....what PK said about app...will it work with android tablet.i liked when it got halfway through and started on the media .using peat,vermiculate.dolomite and gypsum ..this is something that i would like to try...

Thanks dirtbag for the vids..appreciate it lots..
if that app is the same thing as in the video then you would need a quantum sensor,. I don't think that shit is affordable. I also liked how the professor mentioned that there has been a lot of problems converting the light intensity to LUX. I noticed this when i was trying out a app on IOS. For some reason everytime i checked my Lux it would be at 30k, unless i turned the intensity down.

if i had a teacher like that back in the days, i would of been a good student! 🤣 🤣

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
what app is this? thats something i haven't done and really focused on. I've been just going by the 2ft recommendation lol!
This is the light meter app I use, it works with the built in light sensor in the phone. It might not be the most accurate but it at least gives you a sense of what's going on. Mine has actually shown to be fairly accurate according to what I would expect to see at certain wattage and distances. I run it on a Samsung S10, but I've read it can be a bit more accurate on the newest iPhone. Not that I would ever recommend owning an Apple product.
Screenshot 20211126 093718 Google Play Store

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thanks D, do you put a clear tape over the camera of the phone?
update:
too bad that app can['t be used by apple phones. the close one i found is photone - grow light which gives Par/PPfd and lux with few other options.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Looking Dirt, I just got my automated system setup today, I got some 3" dart drippers as well, they work good, should help with the algae on top and keep the water off the stem. but so far liking the uni slab setup

Top Bottom