The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey I resemble this comment. Pulling ~500w through one of those right now, in flower if I can run the lights at 100%, will be 740w. Sketchy, I know.
That's not the end of the world, they can usually take over 1k. I use those little timers for my 400w lamp in early veg sometimes. They're rated for 1800w I believe but I would never pull that through one. Up to 1kw I'd feel comfortable with it, I use one for my dehu and that pulls about 830w. Almost every titan contoller I've ever seen though gets hot and ends up darkening the plastic housing around the plugs. That wigs me out.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
That's not the end of the world, they can usually take over 1k. I use those little timers for my 400w lamp in early veg sometimes. They're rated for 1800w I believe but I would never pull that through one. Up to 1kw I'd feel comfortable with it, I use one for my dehu and that pulls about 830w. Almost every titan contoller I've ever seen though gets hot and ends up darkening the plastic housing around the plugs. That wigs me out.
For sure, that's why there's three fire extinguishers within about a 20 ft radius of where the action happens. Can't afford to take risks without the backup plan.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If we are short on juice, I run one of those long extension cords to the neighbors house. I have never blown any of my fuses / breakers. 😇🙄

Casimpi

Casimpi

I don't, at least not right now. I'm documenting the process asynchronously and will spin up a thread once I finish up this run as this is my first embarkment into unislabs as well. Have done a little bit of wool work before, but not like this.

Well I eagerly await your posts. How is the run going so far?

I will try keep my progression pretty up to date so feel free to stop by and drop some knowledge.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Well I eagerly await your posts. How is the run going so far?

I will try keep my progression pretty up to date so feel free to stop by and drop some knowledge.
It's going decently well. I've had better luck, this is the third run in the past year where I completely changed everything about how I'm running the grow so there has been some hiccups like mag deficiency due to a couple of factors, still working that out. However, I anticipate flipping to flower within the next couple weeks and will likely post the thread in late January or early February, depending when things finish up.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I went to the hydro shop in town today to grab the slabs and they only had 10. Thankfully my buddy gave me 7 uni's back when he gave me the first 4 cuts of WC and I still have 6 left. Phew! Haha.

Also grabbed a bottle of 151 proof grain alcohol for making the double extraction on the turkey tails. Looking forward to that little side project. We have so many of them around here, and they're renowned for their legitimate medicinal value. One of the most studied medicinal mushrooms there is.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I went to the hydro shop in town today to grab the slabs and they only had 10. Thankfully my buddy gave me 7 uni's back when he gave me the first 4 cuts of WC and I still have 6 left. Phew! Haha.

Also grabbed a bottle of 151 proof grain alcohol for making the double extraction on the turkey tails. Looking forward to that little side project. We have so many of them around here, and they're renowned for their legitimate medicinal value. One of the most studied medicinal mushrooms there is.
next up find you some lion's mane. 500mg lion's mane 100mg cubensis 100mg niacin and you have the Stamet's stack. one of the best things I've done this year. 10/10 recommend.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Got two types of turkey tail extraction going. Gonna do a dual extract, alcohol and water decoction. Also doing a 2hr instant pot extract on the soup setting for 2 hrs. After which I'll strain and soak in alcohol to extract the remaining bits, and add to the tincture for shelf stability.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
that's exactly why we've been doing the stamet's stack. better able to handle the stresses of traumas past and present. one caveat i've noticed is while my patience has grown, when the fuse is lit, it's much shorter. it's harder to light, but once it's there, it's on. though, the booze doesn't help matters any either. disregard, drunk old dirty bastard here.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They're busting out over here. Need to get this room setup, asap. They're ready for more light.
20211109 114228
20211109 114155

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dammit! Lol, I put my benches outside to make room for the tent. Now they're compromised. Found a few too many insects hiding among them to trust, it's been raining so much lately they're absolutely swamped.

So, now I need to salvage the roofing material and build new benches.

I swear...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Managed to salvage most of the benches. Just had to disassemble and pressure wash them. But I am building new legs for them. They were hobbled together anyways and I'd have to take apart too many pieces of wood to wash individually... F-that.

Gonna be a busy night.
20211109 165800

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
First 500ml of turkey tail tincture (ttt) is in the jar. I did this one reversed to the normal order of things.. did a 1 hr boil followed by a 2 hr pressure cook (once I realized the instant pot is a better plan) and let them sit overnight in the PC. This morning I strained it and then soaked the mushroom slop in hot grain alcohol for the day. Then I reduced the water extract to the same volume of alcohol I extracted and combined the two in equal parts.
It's strong tasting and dark as night. Very happy with it. Especially considering how expensive it is to buy this stuff.
20211109 171615

The second batch is being done the regular way, 4 week soak in alcohol, then strained and the slop boiled in water, then combine the alcohol and water.

Top Bottom