The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Made more progress on the shed listening to that last weird tune than I did the entire night listening to metal. Something to be said for mediocre music with a beat.

This one has always inspired me to get shit done.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm sorry, that simply will not work. It's too simple. There is no way for big companies to really stick it to you with this design.
That's 100% my MO. Living on an island has made me... resourceful lol.
Just a quick glance around my growroom... I paid for the dehu. But I got the ballasts from a buddy for free, $20 each for used reflectors, $10 mechanical timers, Screws and cord for lamp height adjustment.. homemade benches,.. I did pony up for a good extraction fan and my UV system. But otherwise the whole setup is cobbled together with free or cheap stuff. Always has been.
I don't buy new shit if I can accomplish my goals for free or cheap.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That's 100% my MO. Living on an island has made me... versatile lol.
Just a quick glance around my growroom... I paid for the dehu. But I got the ballasts from a buddy for free, $20 each for used reflectors, $10 mechanical timers, Screws and cord for lamp height adjustment.. homemade benches,.. I did pony up for a good extraction fan and my UV system. But otherwise the whole setup is cobbled together with free or cheap stuff. Always has been.
I don't buy new shit if I can accomplish my goals for free or cheap.
I'll buy new if I know I'm going to really put it to work, but mostly, our grow is free or cheap stuff.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Still gotta pin down some wires and clean the disgusting fan blades, put the Gutter sections on... but she's otherwise ready to rip!
Feels super weird running a flat garden lol, but I like it.

It's gonna be damn bright in here.
Just have everything at its lowest setting for the pic.

20211109 201907

Playin' with the big kids now Spiderfarmer, let's see how these things do..
20211109 201747

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What's this? I wasn't aware of that... is that the one I've got here? I don't know much besides they are bright. Haha, I don't looks at spectrums or IR or whatever. Didn't see anything about it in the manual.
I don't know if you got the new one or the old one. Does it have any clear diodes? Those might be the UV.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
We bought 1 SF1000, the rest is free or very cheap.
Write good reviews for more chances to get a sponsored grow.
Is that how it works? Lol, I tried to send the last light back or give it to someone else and ended up with another light. 😆 Not that I didn't like the light, it's a very nice light, I just wanted to run the full room and not one single plant in a tent.
To be fair, I owe Spiderfarmer the best grow I can pull off here. They sponsored this grow and the tent schmozzle with very little hassle. Beside the whole needing more updates thing. But I think we're past that now hahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom