The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If there happened to be an AC company and CO2 controller company on here that wanted to sponsor me maybe 😅

Seriously though I was happy with just 2 lights even. 4 is better though... I just don't see myself spending the cash to achieve the third degree of Vince McMahon on this one. Would be awesome though.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
was it because there was two lights?
Yeah, I had the 2 lights down the center and elevated to two side benches to make a semi stadium.

Here is an older run, 2 strains, the one on the left didn't get as tall, but you can see how the canopy is in a flattened V type thing.
20190930 123138

Madmax

Madmax

There is a story behind that lol...

So a couple weeks ago I took the ferry over to Nanaimo to have the new V plow mounted on my '06 F250. Wasn't 50m off the boat and the prick broke down on the side of the road. Thankfully BEFORE I had the plow mounted.

I had a moment of oh shit..what now. Then decided that I can't run a reliable service with unreliable equipment. I need at least one of my trucks to be newer and more trustworthy. So I had my '06 towed to the shop, wife picked me up and we went truck shopping. Found this lease return 2017 F250 super duty for sale in town, and called the plow supplier to see if they could get me a mount for it since it's different than the mount for the older truck, they could, so I said fuckit and bought it. Only 42000km on it, easily the nicest vehicle I've ever owned.
I have reached a point with my company that I can write off most of the cost and we had planned on buying a new truck in the spring anyway.. just weird timing that forced my hand a bit early.View attachment 1199818

Then like it was fate, the very next day I scored the headache rack and rails plus a Dewalt toolbox that all fit like a glove for a cool 180 bucks lol.View attachment 1199819

The best was the beacon lights. I got 2 x plug in type.. get home, the 12v outlets in the 350 aren't working so had to hard wire it, and the new 250 has "military grade aluminum🤣" body panels so the light didn't stick. Had to screw a metal electrical receptacle cover to the headache rack for the beacon light.. lol. It seriously never ends.. its always something.
6.2 is a nice bit of stump pulling power db 💪.i bet she sends the snow flying ha..Is that the first day with the plow on the front .the blade looks all alloy .nice bit of kit..

Casimpi

Casimpi

Seriously though I was happy with just 2 lights even. 4 is better though... I just don't see myself spending the cash to achieve the third degree of Vince McMahon on this one. Would be awesome though.

That is exactly my point or what I hope to find out by seeing these results. All those bells and whistles are great and all, but if you can get these results and heck maybe even better with just a simple light change. That is exciting to me, because you can make grows as simple or complicated as you want. I like to try and keep it on the simple side, especially if you can get your results on cruise control it seems.

Keep up the great growing and inspiring us all.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That is exactly my point or what I hope to find out by seeing these results. All those bells and whistles are great and all, but if you can get these results and heck maybe even better with just a simple light change. That is exciting to me, because you can make grows as simple or complicated as you want. I like to try and keep it on the simple side, especially if you can get your results on cruise control it seems.

Keep up the great growing and inspiring us all.
Cheers, I agree that simple is best. I almost always go with the easiest most practical solutions to most situations. I do splurge on the odd item to make things more ideal, but I really do try to make things as low maintenance as I can. Currently I spend about 5 mins a day in the grow. 3 times in the grow cycle I'll spend about 5 or 6 hours in there doing intensive maintenance like trellis or planting etc. But for 95% of the grow cycle, its "pop down to the grow to refill the res and have a peek to make sure everything is working properly".

Latest posts

Top Bottom