The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

I was rewatching bugbee and he was going over how trichomes are mostly silica and needs it to produce them

so I might still feed a little silica during flower, I had left it out last watering, and usually stop in flower

Observationist

Observationist

Don’t care to fuck around too much with these little flowering plants

like experimenting

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was rewatching bugbee and he was going over how trichomes are mostly silica and needs it to produce them

so I might still feed a little silica during flower, I had left it out last watering, and usually stop in flower
I used to always run silica up until about week 6. But dyna gro recommends using it right up until you flush so that's what I've been doing. I just dose all my water up to 50-100 ppm of calcium silicate for this stage in the plants life. A bit more earlier.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I used to always run silica up until about week 6. But dyna gro recommends using it right up until you flush so that's what I've been doing. I just dose all my water up to 50-100 ppm of calcium silicate for this stage in the plants life. A bit more earlier.
A cup of beach sand per 3 gallon pot takes care of it.

Observationist

Observationist

Dynagro knos what’s up

Observationist

Observationist

I was gonna try an all sand media with a plant but never got around to getting sand

Observationist

Observationist

I liked smell of soil but eh don’t wanna have to use such big pots

and they grow faster in hydro

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

silica ? i must be missing out on stuff.

all i have is GH micro . grow , bloom . and i add great white to my rez also.. do i need to add other things ?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

6FF45153 1A72 478B BB16 40029364C317
FADA7CDA FE40 4C1D A7FE 1E8BDA8CAF57

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
straight hydroton brother
Then yeah I'd be using Protekt in your water before adding nutrients. It's one of the better and more readily available forms of silicate. Unless others have recommendations. I use Ag stuff that only available for commercial use.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Then yeah I'd be using Protekt in your water before adding nutrients. It's one of the better and more readily available forms of silicate. Unless others have recommendations. I use Ag stuff that only available for commercial use.
i use great white ? is that not the same ? i dunno i was just told to add great white so i did lol .. so also add protekt ?. im in australia too so it might not be available here

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

That looks great! đź‘Ś
You will still grow nice plants without silica. It's not a miracle tonic. But it does help a lot, and has a lot of plant science to back it up. It's not snake oil.
thanks mate , not as nice as your ones but im getting better with every grow

Top Bottom