The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

protekt is not readily available here but can b brought in through " ubuy"

We have super si here which is mono silic acid when mixed with water..

Expensive though.

Casimpi

Casimpi

protekt is not readily available here but can b brought in through " ubuy"

We have super si here which is mono silic acid when mixed with water..

Expensive though.
I just bought a small bottle that was on discount but even still it seems to be way over priced. I want to try while I seek other comparable replacements at a better price point. Unlike Dirt over here I don't run down to the local ag supply store and have my tanks filled with that commercial grade jet fuel. 😂

Madmax

Madmax

was having a look into it max and cause im using general hydroponics line i see they have one cause SI armour or something like that
Seems cheap enough too $13 for a quart npk 0/0/4 .im using same but flairforms potassium silicate ,silika majic $38 250 ml npk 0/0/10 0.2ml to a ltr.rock hard buds but that could of been because was using gp massive at same time..i just mixed and let it sit for hrs then added a-b base nutes and ph was 6.3 which was pretty good..if i added si first then phd it it would take a hell of a lot of ph down to get it in the ballpark .i was even told i had to put it in last because its an additive..i just didnt like all the ph down that was going in so i threw the mix out..

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
i've wanted to physically fight this man for years. after learning a dozen of their songs, and realizing how talented of a composer he is, and the fact i would never be half the musician he is, there's a real vendetta. just saying. i ever meet Dave Grohl, I'm sucker punching that c.unt

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i've wanted to physically fight this man for years. after learning a dozen of their songs, and realizing how talented of a composer he is, and the fact i would never be half the musician he is, there's a real vendetta. just saying. i ever meet Dave Grohl, I'm sucker punching that c.unt

Throw him a couple jabs for me too lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Seems cheap enough too $13 for a quart npk 0/0/4 .im using same but flairforms potassium silicate ,silika majic $38 250 ml npk 0/0/10 0.2ml to a ltr.rock hard buds but that could of been because was using gp massive at same time..i just mixed and let it sit for hrs then added a-b base nutes and ph was 6.3 which was pretty good..if i added si first then phd it it would take a hell of a lot of ph down to get it in the ballpark .i was even told i had to put it in last because its an additive..i just didnt like all the ph down that was going in so i threw the mix out..
You definitely never want to add silica last. Always add it first.
Honestly most potassium silicate based Si products aren't even stable or uptakable at hydroponic nutrient ph's. The good ones are. The one I use has a stable ph around 6 on its own.

Madmax

Madmax

Flarforms was 9.1 from memory.havnt used it last 2 grows as i couldnt see any difference apart from solid buds...def agree its not stable and thats why i stopped using it but keen to try the super si which is organic and ph stabilized..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Fuck am I ever enjoying this lol. Watching these plants wrap up on this run is extremely satisfying. Ive been spending a lot of time lately just standing at the door, puffing a joint.. staring into the jungle. Thinking about the process and growing in general. This last couple weeks is what its all about. The culmination of months of planning and effort nearing the finish line, but still calm and enjoyable, before I crop and go to trim jail with likely a week of work to harvest.

Who doesn't want to hang out in a room full of gnarly nugs like this... this part is what its all about for me. I enjoy it almost as much as the bags of finished product.
20220120 214030

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
lookin gorgeous, albeit i'm a bit envious given my private disclosures. was loving those moments myself. stoked to see how this wraps up. excited to see the fade.
Yeah dude, I feel that big time. Been there so many fuckin times dude. Enough that I'm well aware that there is time to fuck mine up still too. That's partly why I'm down here so much more lately. Reeeeeaaaaly trying to stay on top of every last detail with this run.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thought I'd share a little trick I used for making a lightproof/airproof door out of OSB and boards. Foam and weather stripping wasn't sticking to the osb door or wooden 2x6 jamb very well so I made a silicone gasket for it. Put Vaseline on the jamb as a release agent and blobbed a bead of silicone around the door and closed it loosely and used toothpicks to space out the gap while it vulcanized. Once it was firm I pulled the toothpicks out and now when I close the 2 bolt locks on the door it's like a fucking hermetic seal, perfectly mated to the wooden door jamb. Not that everyone is making doors for their grows.. but if you do lol, here's a solid way to do it.
20220120 215555

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah dude, I feel that big time. Been there so many fuckin times dude. Enough that I'm well aware that there is time to fuck mine up still too. That's partly why I'm down here so much more lately. Reeeeeaaaaly trying to stay on top of every last detail with this run.
i'll be kicking myself for this one for at least the next two runs. fuck me and anyone that looks like me.
Thought I'd share a little trick I used for making a lightproof/airproof door out of OSB and boards. Foam and weather stripping wasn't sticking to the osb door or wooden 2x6 jamb very well so I made a silicone gasket for it. Put Vaseline on the jamb as a release agent and blobbed a bead of silicone around the door and closed it loosely and used toothpicks to space out the gap while it vulcanized. Once it was firm I pulled the toothpicks out and now when I close the 2 bolt locks on the door it's like a fucking hermetic seal, perfectly mated to the wooden door jamb. Not that everyone is making doors for their grows.. but if you do lol, here's a solid way to do it.View attachment 1208646
this is beautiful. damn brilliant even. putting into the archives for when i finally can build the sealed room of my dreams.

Top Bottom