The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i'll be kicking myself for this one for at least the next two runs. fuck me and anyone that looks like me.

this is beautiful. damn brilliant even. putting into the archives for when i finally can build the sealed room of my dreams.
Cheers dude, super easy design using 2x2 studs for the wall itself, 2x6" for the jamb, 1x4" for the door bracing and lock mounts. Thin but effective wall and door. This thing as crude as it is, seals up tighter with fewer leak points than any grow room door I've used before. Would be perfect for a sealed environment on Co2.
20220120 221950

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
what gauge OSB did you use? that's the only fail point I see if it's not heavy enough.
It's all 7/16". Has held up for 5 years now, almost 6. No sag. The 1x4 door frame is really the door structure. The OSB is just an impermeable covering lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also being locked closed 99% of the time helps it keep it's structure. I'm sure it would warp eventually left hanging open. But locked closed the 2x6 jamb keeps it squared.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It's all 7/16". Has held up for 5 years now, almost 6. No sag. The 1x4 door frame is really the door structure. The OSB is just an impermeable covering lol.
i figured as much. growing up on the ranch, that was pretty much our structuring too. OSB served as the covering sandwiched between the real structuring being the "framing" around the door. shit will last 20+ years, even longer if painted regularly.

tobh

tobh

Supporter

my ex looked a bit like this chick. exact same voice, beautiful singing. woman destroyed me as a man. this song always brings her to mind, will likely do so for the rest of my life.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

my ex looked a bit like this chick. exact same voice, beautiful singing. woman destroyed me as a man. this song always brings her to mind, will likely do so for the rest of my life.

Dude, I feel THAT too. Music is crazy how it can take you back to a place.

When I was early 20's I dated a girl that changed me forever in a lot of weird ways.
She was hyper intelligent, a psychopharmacologist actually, super sweet and pretty. But fuckin Bipolar. Clinically. She actually made me feel like I was losing MY mind by the time I left her in Nova Scotia, packed up and moved to BC.
She was obsessed with me after I left in a sick kinda way and ended up actually committing suicide about 2 years after I moved out here.

Still haunts me to think of her. And one of my last great memories of her was sitting outside her bedroom window on the roof of her house coming down off of something I can't remember, might have been acid or MDMA. And listening to the Weezer blue album. To this day I have a hard time listening to some songs on the album which sucks because I really love this album.

This song really reminds me of Angela. Or I think more specifically, it reminds me of the time I spent grieving after she died. RIP classy lady.

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
fuckin great album man. wasn't a fan of weezer when i was younger, but now, maybe it's the nostalgia or better taste but i dig em.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
alright, i'm outta here. have a call at 7AM to explain an insanely technical service I maintain in the morning. Wish me luck. this shit is complicated on 400mg of caffeine at noon, no idea how it's gonna be with crust in my eyes and the remnants of five IPAs in my veins.

keep it stinky y'all

PK1

PK1

Supporter
alright, i'm outta here. have a call at 7AM to explain an insanely technical service I maintain in the morning. Wish me luck. this shit is complicated on 400mg of caffeine at noon, no idea how it's gonna be with crust in my eyes and the remnants of five IPAs in my veins.

keep it stinky y'all
good luck!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
fuckin great album man. wasn't a fan of weezer when i was younger, but now, maybe it's the nostalgia or better taste but i dig em.
I'll be clear, the blue album and the teal album are the only two Weezer albums I like at all, but I love them both a lot. The rest of their stuff just falls way short for me. The blue album is magic though.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It's funny, i was talking to my wife a few weeks back and mentioned how music is like my life's diary. Powerful stuff!

I shit, eat and breath music.
likewise. since my son was in the womb, he's been exposed to all of it too. kid absolutely loves music now at 3.5 years. wouldn't have it any other way. it's too important of a thing in life to not love most of it. except country. we don't play that twangy garbage in this house.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
except country. we don't play that twangy garbage in this house.
I agree to an extent. I dated a girl from the midwest for a minute and she got me into some good 'old' country, like Hank Williams Sr., Merle Haggard, etc.. Acquired taste and i certainly have to be in the mood but the stuff they call country these days is twangy pop crap, i agree.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I agree to an extent. I dated a girl from the midwest for a minute and she got me into some good 'old' country, like Hank Williams Sr., Merle Haggard, etc.. Acquired taste and i certainly have to be in the mood but the stuff they call country these days is twangy pop crap, i agree.
yeah, the new shit they play on the radio is alternative rock/pop with a southern accent. the real musicians are long gone in that genre. even if you look into like outlaw country and shit like that, bunch of music encouraging racism and seperatism with no real objective other than to be played in parking lot princesses driven by small peepees. pretty broad generalization, i know. also grew up having country shoved down my throat while not having the kindest environment so there's some deeply negative emotional shit tied to the entire genre.

Top Bottom