The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gotta say, I think the biggest leaf in the room is under the SE5000.

20211123 215303

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag ...They're very happy and good looking plants, nice job Db! 👍 😎
Thanks BK!. I show them a lot of love, and play them a lot of tunes lol.

One thing that really hit me today is the realization that the trellis is gonna be way easier to setup across the flat canopy. So much I might even d 2 layers. I used to have to tie that shit down to the benches in the middle to make a V shape for the semi stadium. This will be easy to give each top it's own 6x6 area give, or take. Suspend it a couple inches over the canopy when I flip.. done.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've gotta say, this system is so easy to manage, that it really puts a smile on my face.

Some observations in the last week of veg here..;
Plants under the LED are eating a lot more food than HPS, but both sides of the room are eating more than I'm used to for sure. Feeding at 1.3 I get runoff of 0.8 in the HPS zones and 0.6!! Under the LED's. Almost couldn't believe it. And after one day of multifeedings they're already putting out hardly any runoff and growing like stink, so I'll be bumping up to 4x feed and boosting ec to 1.5, and ph to 5.6.

Cracking my knuckles...

And no, I don't give af about a little algae.

Video of a little maintenance flush..

20211125 170625

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Using the light meter app shows its pretty bright in here. Interestingly, MH are at 1K each, and LED are at 65%, and I'm getting very similar lux levels. DLI is as high as I've ever rocked it at this stage, I think that's why they're eating so much more.

1000w MH @24"
Screenshot 20211125 175131 PPFD Meter
Screenshot 20211125 175050 PPFD Meter

LEDs at 65%, @ 24"
Screenshot 20211125 175120 PPFD Meter
Screenshot 20211125 175040 PPFD Meter

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I gotta get that app..😍..my girls were eating in veg but the water uptake wasnt so..what does that mean db.the girls were darker than i liked and this is why i dont throw more nutes at them .i think is it to do with vpd? ...
It's a balancing act, the right VPD, and the feed matched up to the Light available, the limits to which you can push it are largely determined by the Co2 available. I'll probably max out at 1.5-1.6ec I'd imagine but who know, I'm kinda in uncharted territory here as I'm used to a lot less light. But ill probably max that out around 900 ppfd by mid flower if the girls will take it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's a balancing act, the right VPD, and the feed matched up to the Light available, the limits to which you can push it are largely determined by the Co2 available. I'll probably max out at 1.5-1.6ec I'd imagine but who know, I'm kinda in uncharted territory here as I'm used to a lot less light. But ill probably max that out around 900 ppfd by mid flower if the girls will take it.
That's about the simplest and most accurate way it can be put.

Madmax

Madmax

I end up deleting my post lol..i felt bad asking on your thread....i guess i need to learn how this vpd works, dli, and .ppfd they are getting.
Im not real sharp lol...i think i was dropped more than once as a baby...😂

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I end up deleting my post lol..i felt bad asking on your thread....i guess i need to learn how this vpd works, dli, and .ppfd they are getting.
Hey man, you might have but I still quoted it 🤣

And if you have questions, this is the place to ask them.
There are some good videos by Bruce Bugbee I'll try and find for you, give me a second..

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Consider this a Masterclass. This is University level understanding of the interreletationship between all the different variables that affect the growth of cannabis, distilled into one easy to understand video. I try to apply these basic principles as best as I can.

It's long but super worth it.

Top Bottom