The Fat Leaf Breeding Project

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

Well dito .. lmao I'd much rather be here than Google and Google would probably bring me here.lmaaaaao
LMAO, thats happened to me too. I will copy & paste some paragraphs now and then but everyone know its either from paper i wrote for publish or some elegant writing I copied form a google web page to clarify my point cuz Farmers are like; that aint Lino's writing...

lino

lino

So Cannabinus can be trippy? Sativa trippy?
@MandyJane say the Cavemandica knocks her out hard. She explained a high that left her uncomfortable for 10 - 15 minutes and sleepy time in not careful. I got paranoia's for 20 minutes, munchies bad like the ol days, then I think I'm funny telling stale jokes and the some creative writing going on with Cavemandica High about an hour, not a stone till after 1.5 hrs.

lino

lino

How Do We Prove a Homozygous Female?
Or as a pollen chucker would ask; How do we prove a True Female, no hermy traits?

300px-Heterozygous.jpg

There are many ways to prove Homo-zygousity but I'm going to highlight one way that is often used in cannabis breeding for the Tutorial.

Dont worry , I will go over this photo again during this tutorial.

okay last lesson for a while . I will not be posting for long time after this lesson . I just saw a video with a great debate by some badd azz cannabis breeders, much more experience than I and all they were missing was the terminology so they could better express themselves. I will explain the debate here in awhile and show the correct answer.

There will be very little or none of Google Copy and Paste this is 90% full on Lino Lecture.

As always I will start Ass Backwards so you will prove to yourself the answer before I reveal the equation in this tutorial. I show the puzzle , I show the resolve and force your mind to figure it out.

We will get a Elementary grade skool DNA overview, gel slab overview, no DNA marking basic basic lecture - correlation to DNA in gel slab correlation to chromosomes.

X an Y chromes in cannabis are very close to humans. I hear the term used many times , especially lately. Triploid, polyploid , I'll explain that as it relates to cannabis and humans in second but first will be going over the above photo.
That is a pic of diploid normal Chromosome pair.

For those of you who followed the last lesson , your punnet chart skill are about to become invaluable in breeding in this cannabis breeding tutorial.

More on Chromes and how they relate to DNA, next post

epitome

epitome

How Do We Prove a Homozygous Female?
Or as a pollen chucker would ask; How do we prove a True Female, no hermy traits?

300px-Heterozygous.jpg

There are many ways to prove Homo-zygousity but I'm going to highlight one way that is often used in cannabis breeding for the Tutorial.

Dont worry , I will go over this photo again during this tutorial.

okay last lesson for a while . I will not be posting for long time after this lesson . I just saw a video with a great debate by some badd azz cannabis breeders, much more experience than I and all they were missing was the terminology so they could better express themselves. I will explain the debate here in awhile and show the correct answer.

There will be very little or none of Google Copy and Paste this is 90% full on Lino Lecture.

As always I will start Ass Backwards so you will prove to yourself the answer before I reveal the equation in this tutorial. I show the puzzle , I show the resolve and force your mind to figure it out.

We will get a Elementary grade skool DNA overview, gel slab overview, no DNA marking basic basic lecture - correlation to DNA in gel slab correlation to chromosomes.

X an Y chromes in cannabis are very close to humans. I hear the term used many times , especially lately. Triploid, polyploid , I'll explain that as it relates to cannabis and humans in second but first will be going over the above photo.
That is a pic of diploid normal Chromosome pair.

For those of you who followed the last lesson , your punnet chart skill are about to become invaluable in breeding in this cannabis breeding tutorial.

More on Chromes and how they relate to DNA, next post
Mr. Soul got heat in that video jajajaja scientist get pissed when challenged eh...I love it, I got to watch my temper.

lino

lino

@epitome - luved that video, ck this out,,, your timing for sending me that video couldnt have been better!

In my last tutorial you were taught how ratios, seed % was a direct indicator of how the plant was bred and who the parents are. We used ratio's to prove Geneology and to determine Dom and Rec genes in cannabis and other plants also. Students will prove its existence of the hermaphrodite plant and we will learn how to turn it off and on without chemicals.

Before I begin. I will be walking away from this site with to much To Do's.

I'm pretty sure that the video i just watched has renowned THCFarmer breeders so I;m not posting the video as not to offend these great breeders and it was a long video also. The debate was a radio pod cast with ppl like DJ Shorts and bad azz breeders calling in.
I found the attitude of the these True Pro Cannabis Breeders on the radio were more professional to each other opinions than listing to scientist debate.
I watched this youTube of some of the better cannabis breeders out there. Far more experienced/kinda than myself in that they've been able to work with larger numbers than I have and they are more networked to other breeders than I,, as where I stay to myself. They werent old enough to have worked with some of the ol skool originals but those breeders have worked with the ol skool landraces so they are very experienced. you could tell their confident talk and tests came from large numbers of cannabis plants that they had bred.
These very good breeders could not explain the DNA and how to breed cannabis with any terminology that allowed for a structured debate. Had anyone of them open a science book took notes and applied themselves to science of plant propagation there would have been no debate. And plz, no one take any offense as to see the answer to the questions to see what we know.

Self Pollinated Seed Debate

• Would you make seed SilverNitrate (self pollenated plants).?
  • Does Self Pollinated Seed produce 100% female plants?
  • the discussion touched on the offspring from the Freaks of nature (fem seeds).
  • LOL, cuz I'm your mentor I know all my students can already prove to these great breeders the answers. My 3rd graders can show them the answers. You know the answers guys and girls, its in your Punnet Charts as your about to discover. thk me later, btw, this Punnet that we will build proves the existence of the MeGI & DOI DNA con sed Hermaphrodite sequence, AND WE WILL MARK IT WITHOUT CREATING A DNA GEL SLAB!
  • Now my students will be able to explain with science what is happening in their debate.

Breeder (D) has opened can of worms. He says his Fem Seeds FROM HIS FEMALE are 100% Female. Other Breeders claim you can get a Male in giant crops. (D) explains that it is impossible with no Male (XY) to pollinate no (Y) was contributed so ONLY (XX) exist. (D) claims in his words "a True Female" produces all Females, Bingo that's your chart clue rite there.

Breeder (C) is a hemp and exotic cannabis breeder working with, I guesstimate over 4000 plants and 100's strains. (C) says very confidently that he gets 4 males out of 100 plants that can be male or turn male, Hermy, from Self Pollinated seeds.
We have been very confused by Gay PC, so much that we easily get confused on this breeding dilemma, For those of you who have follow me on the Hermy Gene's in humans SRY con sed and in Cannabis the hermy gene exact copy, its named MeGI and its switch is the DOI genes. So now your about to see that I known for almost 20 yrs of from an experiment that my father taught my on the farm back in the 70's. 3 way genes like the hairless gene and other 3 way switch gens are transitional , they can change state, wtf change Geneotypes , how? I'll show you with charts. btw. this would be your intro to Sexed Link Breeding but I'm out of here after this one.

Breeder (B) again with extreme confidence in his eyes and this guy, is and has ran 1000's of plant in cannabis breeding regimes, another Bad Azz Breeder, trust me on that, say that dam hermy exist in all the cannabis, cannabis plants can pop a hermy in extremes and with chemicals.

Breeder (A) has bred cannabis in Amsterdam and is very Experienced in breeding cannabis, trust me on that. He does not want Any hermy traits in his breeding program. Breeder (A) will not use Fem Seed stock for breeding. My Jr H skool student already see the punnet in their minds, know the ratio's from this protocal and can show you this in charts as we will do in this tutorial. We'll build breeding charts for this breeding regime also. Did this guy eliminate the Hermy gene? My grade skool kids scream the answer, Its like asking ; What color is G.Washington white horse? Yell see in the next few post if I'll get some question or interactions.

Which renowned breeder is Wrong and Who is correct? D, C, B, or A ?
None of them, all of them 2 of them, who is rite&wrong?

M

MamaBear

I'll go with C and B!
A "switchable" gene always keeps it's options open so there is always the potential for a herm.
We can breed plants that are LESS LIKELY to herm, but the potential is always there.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Cool stuff! Don't want to dumb down the lesson, but feel free to also throw in some layman terms sometimes. lol Good job. Have you done much experimenting with how fertilizers (nurture) change the flavor profiles. A buddy of mine says that the fish fert really helps bring out that chronic taste and throat feel like you get from one of those chronic suckers they used to sell.

lino

lino

@Sun Valley @MandyJane @Neter Sentra @Smerb plz follow along as this is a 100% Lino Tutorial on the most misunderstood subject on the Farm. This will make you a breeder and not a pollen chucker. We'll go from theory to fact very fast in this lesson on.

Hermy's

This tutorial brings all my "into" courses together to create a beginner Cannabis Breeder.

Anyone else reading ; you will not see this tutorial anywhere else. I am the person who discovered these the hermy in cannabis in the DNA in 1985 before w/o DNA markers. I had shown the hermy gene to acedemia over 10 years ago in Punnet Sqs to only be told I was incorrect. Those smart ppl ate shit when they found out that my charts proved my facts by DNA and what you're about to see as fact is what skill as pass on to you guys as your mentor. I knew what the DNA slab would reveal before the gel was cultured. Dont doubt me on this.

I am the missing link. I can bring the pollen chuckers terms to the geneticist, in database tabular data format ready for analysis. Consulting and instructing is what I do...

Last edited:
lino

lino

I'll go with C and B!
A "switchable" gene always keeps it's options open so there is always the potential for a herm.
We can breed plants that are LESS LIKELY to herm, but the potential is always there.
You scored very good. I grade weird. Zero is passing. Anything above 0 shows that you have read my other tutorials or you understand that a Hemry gene has something to do with hermies or gene influence of hermy. You were at +50 but your last sentence added +25 more points for a total of +75 points. Nothing you stated was incorrect.

And since no one else will be brave enough to answer in public I will reveal each Breeder (A - C) position on Hermiy's as correct or incorrect now.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

I personally breed like A...but I could see b an c also. I'm still running through these pages as I type. I've always been undear the impression that the hermie trait is always possible, but more likely in fems.

Farmer P

Farmer P

This may be a bad analogy, but when I was in school my health education teacher told us that when a woman has a lot of abortions and then tries to have a baby many times the baby will miscarry. She said they believe it is because the body gets used to aborting pregnancies. I think it might be similar to forcing a plant to herm over and over. Maybe the genes get used to herming and you have a much higher chance to get a herm. Just a thought.

lino

lino

Cool stuff! Don't want to dumb down the lesson, but feel free to also throw in some layman terms sometimes. lol Good job. Have you done much experimenting with how fertilizers (nurture) change the flavor profiles. A buddy of mine says that the fish fert really helps bring out that chronic taste and throat feel like you get from one of those chronic suckers they used to sell.

I am the missing link. I can bring the pollen chuckers terms to the geneticist, in database tabular data format ready for analysis. Consulting and instructing is what I do...

Check it out, one of the 1st pollen chucker terms I QUOTED from the radio pod cast was
"a True Female"
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT ! You cant find this anywhere else. What your about to read will change your breeding forever.
When you here this term "a True Female" that mean he has a Homozygous Female, Do I NEED TO REPEAT THAT TO THE REST OF YOU GUYS.

Now were not going to charts yet , you guys need to under stand Chromes and tie to DNA and tie to punnet chart Correlation and I will not tie it to pedigree for this lesson.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Have you done much experimenting with how fertilizers (nurture) change the flavor profiles. A buddy of mine says that the fish fert really helps bring out that chronic taste.
Yes, I have my own line of nutes, this is hard to explain, my nutes are soluble for humans, pets, and plants, Lean muscle mass with increased endurance and when applied to plants Heavier Bigger more Dense Buds.

be careful to not use to much nutes , especially toward the last 3 weeks.

lino

lino

Breeder (D) not only is he correct, he proves his point in revealing his experiment. (All Females) - this proves everything.
Breeder (D) , like the rest of world does not understand what breeders like Mamabear understand. Breeder (D) was almost incorrect. But he stated fact, but he got close to the edge of his understanding. Breeder (D) was one of the guys and was the only one stating science facts but he ran into a wall when Breeder (B) told him that his "True Female" could be Feminized with chemicals. So Breeder (D) had no worthy response,, but I do.

Breeder (D) does not know what we know, IT THE HERMY G E N E. My 3rd graders scream! It has nothing to do with X and Y. Okay 5th graders know this , The Hermy Genes MeGI and DOI and not 'Sex Linked' genes let me repeat that , The Hermy Genes MeGI and DOI and not 'Sex Linked' genes, in other words the gene is in the Male and Female. Important!

Breeder (D) was correct in his XX and XY Chromosome statement, however the hermy gene is in both (X) and (Y). Well Lino, then you tell me how the hell he got 100% Fem with no Hermy's?
That an easy answer and this proves everything, what Ive been screaming for years but now I'm rite cuz DNA say so! But so do my charts but first what about the photo?

lino

lino

Chromosomes
Breeder A B C and D were speaking of triploids and polyploids. I am Not going into this but I hit what we need for now.
This is a photo of human or cannabis diploid chromosome pairs , Normal, higher odds.
Triploids will have 3 chromosome and they are expressed in cannabis in a Geneotype of 3 branches at the node (pollen chucker), correctly put 3 stems from a node on the main meristem.
Polyploids plant have more than 3 chromosomes and thats all that needs to be covered on this for this tutorial, lots of peeps throwing the term arounds, (whorls) and the like just understand what I just told you.
So HOW DO CHROMOSOMEs relate to DNA and DNA gel slabs.?
disclaimer: I have no PHD, and this will be vague and just metaphoric understanding. NO RNA or markers .

Diploid Chromosomes
300px-Heterozygous.jpg

So we have Chromes in this photo with genetic designation that we created in the last tutorial. Lino, this looks familiar but why are our genetic designations labeled (Bb) and Not with (Tt)? And why are they on Chromes?

In the last tutorial we performed Heterozygous breeding to find dominance of the Tall Geneotype plants in Subcool JillyBean cultivar. We used (T) and that is the standard used in plant Gene typing For the Tall Gene. but any letter can be used.
Chromes are twisted pair of a DNA chain that hold each genetic codes for each organism. To Geneticist to letterS are a actual con sed (spot) in the DNA. Geneticist and Breeders will actually find where the Hermy MeGI and DOI chain sequences are located using MAS breeding , I am not going into that either for this tutorial. MAS Cannabis breeding is a Badd Azz Tutorial tho.
So now that we have is the DNA located physically in the Chrome we can say that is is Marked. The letter you see on the Chrome is our Marker for the Hermy of (B ) or (b)...

Disclaimer for the sake of teaching basic breeding We will stick to 1 letter. For Jr H level we would use 2 letters but you guys need to just understand this at this point. I have laid down 2 letter breeding in the Hairless dogs that is much closers to the hermy chart system but fore the sake of simplicity we're going with the 1 letter explanation.

So now you see how scientist have Marked the DNA in your cannabis Chromosomes ,

We could now go out in the field and conduct out breeding and punnet charts for Geneticist now , Now that we understand that the scientist have Marked our traits in the Chromes for us... but first we better understand how the hell will our punnet charts match up with the scientist DNA Slabs? How does the Chromosome Markers show up in the DNA slabs to show our genes that I created out in the field?

Now for you bad Azz breeders this is process can be reversed as we performed on SubCool JillyBeans. Stop and think about it. With Punnet sqs alone I went screaming into the canna community as to what has happened to often. We can use our charts and data to tell scientist what thier DNA will tell them before they do their experiments and vise versa they tell us with their data. Get it...

Up next how does DNA slabs find genes and let summerize how this is all tied to the letters in my punnet sq.

lino

lino

I personally breed like A...but I could see b an c also. I'm still running through these pages as I type. I've always been undear the impression that the hermie trait is always possible, but more likely in fems.
I will show each breeder statement answer in detail one at a time., Just on experience in cannabis breeding you got +25 points w/o reading all my facts yet. Breeder (A) was correct in everything he said also. But we need to pay attention also to Breeder (A) there are things that need to be noted there as well.

lino

lino

DNA Gel Slabs are cultured to show Markers in plant plasma that has had the DNA separated , complex task sometimes but can be done in a HS skool class on strawberry easy or human cheek cells.
Experience with the slab and will tell which mark indicates what gene and then we can say that Gene has been Marked in the DNA slab as in the case of the DNA (T) the scientist find the mark,,correlate it to the Tall Gene con sed and sequence and now we can see it in each plant with a DNA gel slab before we ever breed it. in fact we can take a small sample from the seed shell and know which seeds have what TRAIT before we plant it.

So I hope this all makes sense as far as how a Letter in our Punnet sq relates to a DNA Gene in a plant or human. If I explained this correctly you should understand how the letter in our charts are seen by scientist and Breeders. You should now see how pollen chuckers are throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks. What makes us breeder different than pollen chuckers, we calculate the roulette wheel before we gamble. But at Vegas,, its all about luck.

Next up Punnet Chart, Proof is in the Square

lino

lino

• We will chart Breeder (D) next.
  • I will show how his 100% Fem seed experiment proves the Hermy Gene existence in the up and coming threads.
  • We will now see how to breed consistant seeds with out Feminizing seeds.
  • We see how the Fem Seed Experiment will be the start of the proof pf homozygous or heterozygous genes for the Male and Female and Hermy Gene.
  • Breeder (D) used a pollen chucker term "True Female" we will see if his special female is truly a "True Female" meaning Homozygous.
  • And in our last lesson we learned how to tell if it is Dom or Rec. So we will know soon enough.

Top Bottom